PDA

View Full Version : Countryman buying guide

rosslamb
4th May 2014, 04:55 PM
Hey all

I am going to view and test drive a countryman Cooper s with all 4 tomorrow and just want to see what to look out for. Any quirks, rattles or niggles that I should spot?

Let me know.

Ross

Craig
4th May 2014, 05:46 PM
Hi Ross.

I have a cooper d all4 and can honestly say I've not had any issues and it's now just over a year old with nearly 17k on the clock. Good luck with the viewing :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave
4th May 2014, 06:31 PM
Hi Ross,

Got a cooper s all4 and it's awesome :) things I looked for was need chili pack! Without it you don't get decent seats, xenons, climate control and steering wheel audio with cruise control.

Things to look for:
Clutch is a known problem on the all4 and in America they did a recall although not in uk as far as I know. If it had a high biting point or if it slips a lot that's not ideal. Plus my rev counter rattles and so does my overhead panel with the lighting in it so that's going to get looked at in near future. Apart from that love it:)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rosslamb
4th May 2014, 06:37 PM
Thanks both. It's a well appointed car. With nearly everything thrown at it. Will let you all know tomorrow.

AndyP & Lenore
4th May 2014, 06:40 PM
only issue we've had with our JCW Countryman was the alarm kept going off for no apparent reason. Dealer changed the control unit - after a massive fight:ragin: - and it hasn't put a foot wrong since. Great cars tbh. :thumbs up:

badwolf340
4th May 2014, 08:12 PM
as said great cars :yes nod:

Gismo
5th May 2014, 02:11 PM
Mine was faultless, it did have a recall for the water temp thingymajig, but, the dealer called me to fix it, my daughter drove it more than me and it was doing 1k + miles per month between us.
I even showed a few Americans how to drive on a USA mini run :Whistle:

illegalhunter
8th May 2014, 07:12 PM
Only complaint I have is the aircon is pants . I love my SD , hated them when the first came out

rosslamb
8th May 2014, 09:21 PM
Air on can't be as bad as my R53. No gas lol.
Liked the car. As I said well specified only thing on the options list not chosen was a heated windscreen lol. I pick it up on Saturday. Will be sad to see the R53 go. The whine of the supercharger and crackle and pop of the Milltek is fantastic.

Jonathan14
9th May 2014, 12:08 PM
They are grate I work for MINI Inverness and have drove 3 or 4 now and each one has put a smile on my face :)

rosslamb
10th May 2014, 11:52 PM
Love it. Done 300miles since lunch time today. ;)
Quick clean inside and out and into bed. Will take snaps tomorrow and post here (weather dependent).

AndyP & Lenore
10th May 2014, 11:56 PM
Glad you got sorted with a car. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

rosslamb
11th May 2014, 12:00 AM
Glad you got sorted with a car. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Thank you.