PDA

View Full Version : Help! Parking ticket mistake!

lightbody
27th August 2004, 08:06 PM
I received a letter from the Metroplitain Police this morning telling me my MINI was parked illegally on a street in London in July and I must pay £60 immediately.

My MINI has never been in London! Its not even been into England since 2002!

I've written a letter telling them this, but I'm not sure it will work... there isn't even a phone number to call and argue.

What should I do?

GAJ
27th August 2004, 08:25 PM
Wait on a reply to your letter and DON'T PANIC!!;)

Steve74
27th August 2004, 08:42 PM
Not to sound scary but there has been a lot of car cloning in London to avoid the congestion charge. Might be worth checking it out but its probably just a dozy traffic warden!

sleepyrascal
27th August 2004, 08:55 PM
Metropolitan Police
Headquarters Offices of Commissioner & Receiver at -
Central Parking Ticket Office

(020) 72301212

SW1H 0BG

Smurf
28th August 2004, 06:37 PM
OK, where do I start?!

Archie's Dad has been accused of speeding, using a bus lane, parking illegally, the car was then compounded and he was instructed to pay a fortune to get it out, to which he told them to crush it, then was caught speeding again, or jumping a red light (can't remember) - ALL in LONDON.

The reggie plate in question is currently attached to an old scrap tractor which has been lying in a field out the back of the farm for about 20 years!!!

He's been phoning, writing, and getting the local police involved in communications for a couple of years now.....

KEEP BADGERING THEM! They are total muppets.

Just tell them you live in Glasgow, and there's no way Charlie would get that far without breaking down! Unless that's why it was illegally parked in the first place!! :D
(You know I'm only kidding, Rob) :D

X30YES
28th August 2004, 07:23 PM
Where was Archies dad that day ...on holiday , dentist , work , car at dealers ,send copy of something he bought that day ie cc slip ,copy of cheque .photograph the old tractor and send that as well, sit it out .

Smurf
28th August 2004, 08:01 PM
All the information they could possibly require, including photographs, copies of documents etc has already been sent.
The local police have also contacted the Met Police on his behalf.
It just keeps happening.

He's not worried - it's just an annoyance. But thanks for the advice! :)

knaone
31st August 2004, 06:51 AM
Rob i think this is one of the unfortunate things about having car number plates on websites, its like a showroom for cloners.... Hope you get it sorted matey

lightbody
31st August 2004, 07:09 AM
I'll not make the same mistake with my new one (arriving later this month all being well) - its number plate is going to be top secret!