PDA

View Full Version : The new 2014 Mini: your order, advised and actual delivery dates..?

tangledfeet
16th April 2014, 06:00 PM
Having looked at a few topics on the forum I know that there are at least a few folk that have ordered and already received their new F56 Minis so I'm interested in when orders were placed, for what model, when they were told delivery could be anticipated - and when they were actually collected them from the showroom. This is by no means meant as comment on the efficiency of Mini dealerships as I know that production is not within their control!

I'll start; order placed 2nd April for Mini Cooper and was verbally advised then that delivery might be mid-June or so - and was contacted last night to advise end of June.

I'll be happy to get it at the end of June - as a secondary teacher it'll be a great way to start the holiday!

Stewart
16th April 2014, 06:24 PM
Mini Cooper Black Roof.

Ordered March the 2nd with estimated delivery the 7th April to the Dealers. Car arrived on the 9th April and I picked it on Monday the 14th.

I say Black roof as MINI had official service updates about problems as you can read.

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/serviceupdateMINI_zps6c4639f6.jpg

KenL
16th April 2014, 06:35 PM
Hello from another secondary teacher! Maths is my subject and I teach in an Edinburgh City school.

Back to the F56. Ordered last Friday 11/04 from Peter Vardy in Edinburgh. Salesperson said "June". He said he would update me next week with a firmer delivery time as he is on leave this week.

My car is Blazing Red with a black roof but I am hopeful it will be unaffected. I "think" that dealers will order in stock cars with body coloured roofs, that might ease the pressure on that part of the paint shop a little. If it was to lead to a delay, I would probably accept this if they threw in a freebie like viper stripes :-)

donnaj1dlh
16th April 2014, 09:00 PM
MCS ordered 29th March.....volcanic with black roof, CHILI, Media etc..... dealer initially said 8-10 weeks then hinted at mid June build with early July delivery. Not yet received a firm build date. Might chase them up in a week or two.......

tangledfeet
17th April 2014, 07:19 PM
Hello from another secondary teacher! Maths is my subject and I teach in an Edinburgh City school.

I'm technology at one of the high schools in Glenrothes! N4/5's going all hunky-dory are they..?! :p

...volcanic with black roof

I've gone for the same colour, but not going for the black roof - I think that would look better with black alloys but I'm sticking with the standard alloys!

donnaj1dlh
17th April 2014, 08:28 PM
I'm technology at one of the high schools in Glenrothes! N4/5's going all hunky-dory are they..?! :p

I've gone for the same colour, but not going for the black roof - I think that would look better with black alloys but I'm sticking with the standard alloys!

I've gone for the 17" black Cosmos wheels and not taken the Chrome line exterior...wanted to keep the orange/black theme :)

tangledfeet
17th April 2014, 09:02 PM
...I've gone for the 17" black Cosmos wheels

That'll look lovely with the black roof! :cool:

Funny how the only colour that appealed to me was one of the two standard colours that don't add a premium..!

tangledfeet
13th May 2014, 08:51 PM
Was advised yesterday that my Mini is down for production week 24 (9th to 15th June) so hoping to get it soon after...

donnaj1dlh
13th May 2014, 09:39 PM
Was advised yesterday that my Mini is down for production week 24 (9th to 15th June) so hoping to get it soon after...

About the same as me! The race for first F56 is trully on......

MINI William
13th May 2014, 09:52 PM
Not long now. Stewart has beat you all to the first NMS F56

Jonathan14
13th May 2014, 10:09 PM
I am very very lucky I get to drive them for my job they are amazing

KenL
13th May 2014, 11:33 PM
I do not yet have a build date but dealee still thinks it will still be fine for a June delivery.

donnaj1dlh
14th May 2014, 07:28 AM
Not long now. Stewart has beat you all to the first NMS F56

Cooper? Cooper S?

- - - Updated - - -

Really Ken? I've not been told an actual build week/date like some others have .....don't think I really want to know in case of disappointment.... but every correspondence says early July delivery, so late june build.

I was heartbroken last night to find out I won't have halo lights :( you have to have LEDS in order to get them. I haven't been able to change my order since early April either. I specifically remember the conversation with the salesman regarding the demos lights (it had halos). I asked if it had LED or std lights. He replied standard, to which I said they were more than adequate. But this was the salesman that said I got Xenons anyway with CHILI. You don't now. How come they're allowed to sell products they don't know about. I'll openly admit I'm a MINI virgin, so I'm not as clued up as some. Maybe sounds like a silly thing to be upset about but I really wanted them, and I can't amend my order. I won't spit the dummy out and cancel though, otherwise I'll run out of time before my PCP runs out. If I misled people in my job, I'd be up for the high jump.

KenL
14th May 2014, 07:11 PM
If your car does not yet have a build date and is not scheduled to be built for another 6 weeks I would have thought you could change your options.

This should be especially true if they mis-led you!

What dealer is that?

badwolf340
14th May 2014, 07:50 PM
As Ken says if it's not in build.....well it's not built.push to have the car you want. Nothing is impossible :thumbs up:

MINI William
14th May 2014, 08:17 PM
Should be able to change if you don't ask you won't get

ELFMAN
15th May 2014, 01:51 PM
I was heartbroken last night to find out I won't have halo lights :(

I'd really make an effort to see if they can change this. No point getting the car of your dreams and not getting it spot-on.
Especially if you feel you were misinformed at the 'spec' stage and it's something so obvious that it might annoy you every time you look at it...
GO FOR IT - YOU'RE THE BOSS! :thumbs up:

KenL
21st May 2014, 07:05 AM
Received an update on mine.

Originally told June, now predicted at week 3 in July.

Not very happy given that I now need to buy more road tax. Have asked dealer to do their best to have delivery brought forward.

Any others waiting? Tangledfeet - what's the latest on your car?

donnaj1dlh
21st May 2014, 09:27 AM
Oh no Ken, that's rubbish!! How come it's been pushed back?? I thought MINI were catching up after all the fiasco!

- - - Updated - - -

I'd really make an effort to see if they can change this. No point getting the car of your dreams and not getting it spot-on.
Especially if you feel you were misinformed at the 'spec' stage and it's something so obvious that it might annoy you every time you look at it...
GO FOR IT - YOU'RE THE BOSS! :thumbs up:

......and I GOT my halos!!! #danceaweejig

KenL
21st May 2014, 09:45 AM
No reason given. I think the dealer may have just given a wet finger estimate!

donnaj1dlh
21st May 2014, 09:53 AM
Stay optimistic then :)

tangledfeet
22nd May 2014, 09:05 PM
Received an update on mine.

Originally told June, now predicted at week 3 in July.

Not very happy given that I now need to buy more road tax. Have asked dealer to do their best to have delivery brought forward.

Any others waiting? Tangledfeet - what's the latest on your car?

Week 24 (9th-15th June) for production - so I'm hoping week 25 for delivery!

KenL
22nd May 2014, 10:23 PM
Lucky you!

lindyloo
26th May 2014, 10:11 PM
I waited 14 weeks for mine but def worth the wait (coupe)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

leethepee82
28th May 2014, 07:09 AM
I ordered mine in December and picked it up on the 29th of March. Love the car so much!!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/28/ejedatug.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/28/mu7y6e4y.jpg

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/28/epu8yse2.jpg

ELFMAN
29th May 2014, 02:54 PM
I ordered mine in December and picked it up on the 29th of March. Love the car so much!!

Merry Christmas! :santa: Now THAT's a present worth waiting for :thumbs up:

tangledfeet
1st June 2014, 11:42 AM
Got a call a few days ago; mine has been built and is still at the plant awaiting delivery to the dealer!

leethepee82
1st June 2014, 11:49 AM
Merry Christmas! :santa: Now THAT's a present worth waiting for :thumbs up:

Oh yes!!!!

bry_mini
1st June 2014, 12:59 PM
My mum decided to trade in her audi tt for a new mini cooper hatch, she was told 8 weeks/end of june delivery.....

KenL
1st June 2014, 02:36 PM
When was that bry?

I ordered mine about 10 April, latest estimate for delivery is third week in July.

bry_mini
1st June 2014, 06:24 PM
Just last week

KenL
1st June 2014, 09:17 PM
Just last week

8 weeks from last week is more like end of July, not June. Still
quite a quick delivery.

bry_mini
2nd June 2014, 09:47 AM
Oops yeah, it is end of July☺️

donnaj1dlh
2nd June 2014, 10:21 PM
My dealer emailed today to say I'm still on track for mid-June :thumbs up:

KenL
3rd June 2014, 06:01 AM
Great news donna.

tangledfeet
3rd June 2014, 08:56 PM
My dealer emailed today to say I'm still on track for mid-June :thumbs up:

We ordered within a few days of each other IIRC - sounds like we'll be getting them at similar times, too!

tangledfeet
5th June 2014, 07:14 PM
...its at the dealer! Have chosen registration.

KenL
9th June 2014, 11:21 AM
Call from dealer today.

Car still estimated week 3 of July but he said that cars are being brought forward all the time. I really hope so!

tangledfeet
9th June 2014, 05:31 PM
Pick mine up tomorrow!

:smilewinkgrin:

KenL
9th June 2014, 07:07 PM
Pick mine up tomorrow!

Fantastic. Post some pics.

MINI William
9th June 2014, 07:41 PM
Pick mine up tomorrow!

Great news.

KenL
23rd June 2014, 04:36 PM
Got an update today. My car goes into production next week so should hopefully be able to collect it about 10 July.

tangledfeet
23rd June 2014, 05:24 PM
Got an update today. My car goes into production next week so should hopefully be able to collect it about 10 July.

:thumbs up:

bry_mini
30th June 2014, 06:22 PM
Well here she is, 2 weeks early.

Craig
30th June 2014, 06:25 PM
Very nice sir :). Is that Silver ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bry_mini
30th June 2014, 06:26 PM
Bloody crap iphone pic....ill try upload again.
Yeah its white silver

MINI William
30th June 2014, 07:28 PM
Really like that

Neil - TXJ
30th June 2014, 07:50 PM
Very nice. Personally think cooper has the nicest front ends.

EcosseGP
30th June 2014, 08:07 PM
Ooohhhh very nice ...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jonnie
30th June 2014, 08:20 PM
V. nice. Enjoy

astrocooper
30th June 2014, 08:33 PM
hi very nice .

bry_mini
30th June 2014, 08:37 PM
Its my mothers, tried to persuade her to spec bigger wheels but she wasn't having it. Really like the interior, specced with the dark headlining, really nice place to be. Not so much a fan of the inflated looks of the exterior.