PDA

View Full Version : It’s a new MINI adventure as they say.

Stewart
14th April 2014, 08:13 PM
Saying goodbye to a good friend R56 “Baby Min” and introducing “Mia”. Factory fresh F56 twin turbo V3 Cooper in Deep Blue to the Spec I wanted without going overboard. :smilewinkgrin: I'll have to catch up, I've not read any threads in here for weeks if not a month or so :hand: its only be loading up as one of my Bookmarks over the period.

Got say I'm really impressed with the Car so far, it feels right but different. It certainly feels like it has more get up and go than my R56 Coop and that be driving it easy starting its run in. Still went for the windows in the middle then remembered. I must emit I like the big Start Switch and the Media screen and I can now phone in the Car and the controls on the wheel are nice to have as well. Coming back on the Motorway it was so quiet to my Coop. Two wee things I’d rather it had from my old Coop is the Heart Beat light when it’s locked I really liked that as I could look out on the drive and see the car was locked. It now has a small flashing red LED like every other car on the market. The other is this not putting the Fob into a slot to start the car, I’m sure I’ll get used to it and just remember to leave the keys in a pocket although I just place it in the Cup holder today.

Mr Elf, Media screen with a certain track equals a picture of Kylie for the duration of the song. You need this in your life:smilewinkgrin:

the only slight let down is when I got nearly home and stopped at a friends in full sun light and the swirl marks down the side of the cars rear quarter and door jumped out. It looks like it was really poorly prepped or washed. :sad: So instead of being relaxed and a happy bunny I’m a wee bit disappointed, one in myself for not saying please leave the Car I’ll wash and one that a new Car can be turned over to anyone with a dirty sponge. :ragin: Also whan I asked about the Handbook the sales guy who has been great said they dont do them now as its all in the Media centre..My immediate thought was what about people without the media screen? Anyway after been told that came home to open the Boot and find the new Handbook in the nets. :confused: So as I thought they still do the Handbook

So barring the Swirls its all good, but really for the price paid I feel swirl marks should never have entered the equation but what is done is done, as Mr D has demonstrated Swirls can be corrected when someone that knows what they are doing is on hand to give the car Some TLC. So taking the Car on a run tomorrow and although not planned I'm going to pass into the dealers to run the swirls past them. At the very least it may flag up a point that if it was washed on site they need to take a look at what is being done. Anyway it will get corrected one way or the other as I've always took pride in the way my car looks and its too expensive a Toy not be right I think most will agree.
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/F56B_zps2a8ea068.jpg

stoney
14th April 2014, 08:17 PM
Congrats Stewart

MINI William
14th April 2014, 08:20 PM
Really nice Stewart congrats

RobSco
14th April 2014, 08:22 PM
Very Nice Cooper Stewart... :thumbs up: ...Like the look of the Deep Blue with the Black Wheels, Look forward to seeing some more photos... Enjoy... :motoring:

mini mad andy
14th April 2014, 08:56 PM
Nice car, enjoy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gauldrymini
14th April 2014, 09:02 PM
Nice car, all the best with it. I know a couple of fellas down Denny way that could help with the swirls :Whistle:

Jude
14th April 2014, 09:21 PM
Very nice. Happy motoring.

Craig
14th April 2014, 09:25 PM
As I said on FB Stewart, disappointing that the dealer thinks that's how to send out a premium brand car. We will help you out if you want :). I would give them a chance and see what happens :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Craig
14th April 2014, 09:25 PM
Nice car, all the best with it. I know a couple of fellas down Denny way that could help with the swirls :Whistle:

:thumbs up:

KenL
14th April 2014, 09:27 PM
Lovely. Looking forward to more pics.

Neil - TXJ
14th April 2014, 11:10 PM
Congrats. Don't let the swirls spoil your enjoyment, they can be corrected 👍

Eddie_JCW
15th April 2014, 12:07 AM
Looks great :thumbs up:

EcosseGP
15th April 2014, 03:08 AM
Congratulations on the new purchase. Like others have said it's disappointing that the dealer sends out a brand new car not perfect, but Craig and I can help if needed. ;)

badwolf340
15th April 2014, 06:53 AM
Very nice..some more plcs would be nice

simonfr
15th April 2014, 07:28 AM
Very nice with the black wheels!
Looks like Menzies - wasn't impressed with my mini at handover (not new) and felt they could've done a better job on it. I'm sure they'll sort it out if given a chance!

Duncan Stewart
15th April 2014, 07:37 AM
Looks fantastic. Love the blue and black

EcosseGP
15th April 2014, 11:03 AM
Think it's been discussed before dealers will always try to minimise the costs involved on any sale and 9/10 it's us the customer that is too excited about picking up the car that means we miss the smaller yet important things.
Don't worry if that's all that's annoying you about the car it can easily be sorted ..

zimbo
15th April 2014, 06:47 PM
Nice one Stewart, enjoy Mia :thumbs up:

Stewart
16th April 2014, 06:00 PM
Back to the Dealer as you may have read about marks on the paint. It looks fine now or a lot better at any rate apart from the black front and rear pillars that I forgot to point out. I’m going to give them a light polish to see it helps on Sunday, failing that I’ll get them machine polished to remove the swirls by Craig and the team to get them back to looking the part. As I've seen in before and after that I think it was Mr King done a while ago and posted up they come back to spotless with the right knowhow and TLC.

Anyway took the Car from Stirling to Fort William via Callander and back to Glasgow. Took our time so did not get back till just before the light faded. Car drives fantastic and has a distinctive note when starting up and low speed. Still running it in but to me it feels like it wants to take off. Kept it under 4K revs on sport mode and loved it. Clutch is light to that of the R series but you soon get used to it. Not got used to playing with all the media but loved having every song I have in the car. It's all the nice touches, the sport seats are just fantastic to sit in. I’ve not got used to not putting in the phob and still going to the center switches for the Windows when they are on the doors.

Anyway a few more pic's

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/F56_zpsd385f7c6.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/F562_zps257e1518.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/F563_zpsef7af9e4.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/F565_zps1bfa6738.jpg
http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/F564_zps4d9bc763.jpg

Craig
16th April 2014, 06:03 PM
It's looking cracking Stewart and glad your enjoying it :cool:

KenL
16th April 2014, 06:40 PM
Very cool car, really like the colour and the mean black wheels.

I see you have standard lights without the LED semi-elliptical ring. Are the Daytime Running Lights in the sidelights (lower bumper) or the headlights? How do they look? Do you think it would be best fitting other bulbs or LEDs?

Also, how is it looking for fuel consumption? I know it is early days but I don't think petrol cars change much as the miles go on.

Stewart
16th April 2014, 06:50 PM
Yeah the sidelights are the Running lights as I seen them on during the day when I was behind cars at lights etc.

I would have loved the L.E.D all singing and dancing lights but the options cost was getting out of hand. You know what I’ve not actually looked, was a bit pissed off the first day I got it and seen poor prep on the car and the second day I just drove all day. Not been near the car today. I’ll take a look and a pic of them on for you.

Fuel consumption was showing 52MPG on the run yesterday but I’m hoping that improves. I thought it improved as the engine loosened up and everything bedded in?

KenL
16th April 2014, 07:10 PM
Yeah the sidelights are the Running lights as I seen them on during the day when I was behind cars at lights etc.

I would have loved the L.E.D all singing and dancing lights but the options cost was getting out of hand. You know what I’ve not actually looked, was a bit pissed off the first day I got it and seen poor prep on the car and the second day I just drove all day. Not been near the car today. I’ll take a look and a pic of them on for you.

Fuel consumption was showing 52MPG on the run yesterday but I’m hoping that improves. I thought it improved as the engine loosened up and everything bedded in?

In theory yes, it will improve. However, I have had 4 new MINIs and a petrol Golf in the last 12 years and none of these have gotten better in terms of consumption as time passed. Cold weather has a negative effect on consumption though in my current R56, drops about 2 mpg in the winter compared to the summer.

52 mpg is pretty good I think. Cars never get near their quoted figures. I wish I knew how the official testers got the figures they do.

With regard to the DRLs, I am quite happy that they are in the sidelights. I am not a big fan of "bling" style LED lights, often they are far too bright for my eyes. MINI have done a good job with their ones in the F56 though.

I will probably change the Halogen bulb to Osram Nightbreaker Extreme and might look at something a bit whiter for the DRL bulbs.

Crombers
17th April 2014, 02:43 PM
Many happy MINI motoring miles sir, nice colour combo :thumbs up: