Pepper pack
dark silver interior trim
visual boost display with fancy control doo da
chrome line exterior
spare wheel.

Arrives June.

Eddie_JCW
11th April 2014, 11:56 AM
Sounds good! Can't wait to see pictures.

donnaj1dlh
11th April 2014, 12:09 PM
The race is on Ken, mine is due in June too ... who will have the first F56?? :Whistle:

gauldrymini
11th April 2014, 12:14 PM
Good on you Ken :thumbs up:

KenL
11th April 2014, 12:23 PM
Bags me first :yes:

MINI William
11th April 2014, 01:56 PM
Congrats Ken. Can't wait to see it

ELFMAN
11th April 2014, 02:28 PM
Nice one Ken! I'm sure you'll love it :thumbs up:

KenL
11th April 2014, 03:07 PM
Thanks to all. Really looking forward to it. Will miss my current car but the f56 is a lovely machine, especially on the inside!

stoney
11th April 2014, 03:11 PM
Congrats mate hope you enjoy

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_212 using Tapatalk

jonnie
11th April 2014, 05:08 PM
Congrats. Really want a fancy control doo dah of my own now.

RobSco
11th April 2014, 07:40 PM
Nice one Ken... :thumbs up: ...I take it you really liked your test drive... Look forward to seeing it when it arrives... :yes nod:

Stewart
14th April 2014, 08:21 PM
Congrats Ken my one is sitting on the drive. :smilewinkgrin: picked it up today only let down so far by Dealer prep by the looks of it but it will be fixed in time.

KenL
14th April 2014, 08:34 PM
Cool. Pics please...

Gismo
15th April 2014, 04:42 AM
And there was me thinking you were gonna order the Orange one :Whistle:

Duncan Stewart
15th April 2014, 07:38 AM
Sounds good. Red and black looks great on the F56

KenL
15th April 2014, 07:53 AM
And there was me thinking you were gonna order the Orange one :Whistle:

the orange does look good in the flesh.
I had a tough final decision. Red, black or the new blue.

Gismo
15th April 2014, 09:52 AM
the orange does look good in the flesh.
I had a tough final decision. Red, black or the new blue.I do like the new Blue, you've picked a great colour combo and in my mind you'll benefit at trade in time versus Orange

Eddie_JCW
15th April 2014, 11:07 AM
Wasn't Deep Blue an option on the R56? Or is it a new colour?

KenL
15th April 2014, 12:05 PM
It is a new colour on the hatch. Not sure if it was available on the Countryman.

Stewart
16th April 2014, 05:14 PM
Ken I had to go back to the dealer as you may have read about in my thread with marks on the paint to me it loooked like Swirl marks. It looks fine now or a lot better at any rate apart from the black front and rear pillars and I’m going to give them a light polish to see if it helps on Sunday, failing that I’ll have them machine polished to remove the swirls by someone like Craig to get them back to looking the part.

Anyway took the Car from Stirling to Fort William via Callander and back to Glasgow last night just to get to know the car and it was such a nice day. Took our time so did not get back till just before the light faded. Car drives fantastic and has a distinctive note when starting up and low speed. Still running it in but to me it feels like it wants to take off. Kept it under 4K revs on sport mode and loved it. Clutch is light to that of the R series but you soon get used to it. Not got used to playing with all the media but loved having every song I have in the car. What the Boost Radio does that mean you have a screen like my car with the I-drive?

Not been on a Motorway quiet enough to try the cruse control control at the wheel, no rain so have not seen the Auto wipers but the Auto lights worked last night coming down loch lomond. It's lots of nice wee touches you notice.

http://i435.photobucket.com/albums/qq72/sav112g/F56_zpsd385f7c6.jpg

KenL
16th April 2014, 05:37 PM
Your car looks great Stewart.

With the £260 radio option I have opted for you get a 6 inch full colour screen and the I drive style controller by the hand brake.

On my test drive I did about 40 miles in Cooper with about 800 miles on it. It was fast, tough to keep to 70 on the motorway. I loved the ride/handling combination. This car had 17 or 18 inch wheels, looking forwarx to mine on smaller rims. I have gone for a Pepper pack car and stock 15" wheels.

Stewart
16th April 2014, 06:38 PM
That will be the same Media pack as me then, its great fun. I'm on 16" Victory wheels and it felt really nice going round the bends. Scrubbing in the tyres and running in and my driving style the car was never pushed it has to be said going round but still it felt right, it felt MINI.

With you not going Chili pack do you get the wheel Controls to control the screen?. First time I’ve had controls on the Wheel and loved it, so simple to increase volume or move track and takes calls.

KenL
16th April 2014, 06:45 PM
Yes, the wheel is part of the Visual Boost Radio option and not related to the chilli pack. You can see it in my design here: http://www.mini.co.uk/design-your-mini/?configurationID=f4o5a6n5

I didn't go for the multi-function steering wheel. I have it in my current car but to be honest I virtually never use the cruise control or radio controls. The voice dialing is handy though with Bluetooth if it can handle your accent. It struggles with mine at times!

KenL
8th July 2014, 04:46 PM
After a long wait my F56 is due at PV on Thursday and I can collect it on Friday.
Really looking forward to it.

Gismo
8th July 2014, 04:47 PM
Been a long wait for you Ken

KenL
8th July 2014, 04:50 PM
Been a long wait for you Ken

Yes it has!

KenL
10th July 2014, 10:17 PM
Well, my car arrived at Peter Vardy today and I have seen it in the flesh as it was starting to go through pdi.

I have asked them not to wash or wax it so I can look after it myself.

I collect it tomorrow at 5pm - happy days!

Gismo
11th July 2014, 02:27 PM
Won't be long now Ken, sure you'll enjoy it when you get your hands on it :thumbs up:

tangledfeet
11th July 2014, 04:03 PM
Well, my car arrived at Peter Vardy today and I have seen it in the flesh as it was starting to go through pdi.

I have asked them not to wash or wax it so I can look after it myself.

I collect it tomorrow at 5pm - happy days!

Nice one!

I've read with interests the recent discussions on here regarding washing and waxing; I've ordered some Collinite 476S and will give the car a good clean and application sometime soon - it's covered in dried on bugs after a bit of a road trip last week!

KenL
11th July 2014, 08:45 PM
Got it, love it!

Only driven it home from the dealer so far. Gave it a quick hose down as it was dusty. Washed properly and Carlack cleaner/sealant applied tomorrow. Will top with my Collinite wax after.

will post pics at some point, but I am off on my hols soon :-)

MINI William
11th July 2014, 08:50 PM
Great Ken. Glad your enjoying it

Eddie_JCW
11th July 2014, 09:16 PM
Excellent :)

JamieM
13th March 2015, 07:42 PM
Hi, still loving your F56? Got one as well and so chuffed with it! :D

KenL
13th March 2015, 08:04 PM
Yes, sorry I have not been around here much!

Have covered 10k miles now, only small issue is a slight door rubber rubbing issue on the frame.

Still love it.

JamieM
13th March 2015, 08:20 PM
Fab! I've had a couple of little niggles but its all been sorted out.

MINI William
13th March 2015, 10:11 PM
Yes, sorry I have not been around here much!

Have covered 10k miles now, only small issue is a slight door rubber rubbing issue on the frame.

Still love it.

Pleased your enjoying it Ken. The door seal rubbing seems to be a common problem

EcosseGP
14th March 2015, 01:46 AM
^^ you should speak to Donna about that she's got the same issue :)

KenL
17th March 2015, 09:19 PM
^^ you should speak to Donna about that she's got the same issue :)

Yes, I think they all have it but not rushing to get it fixed as they don't yet seem to have a proper fix to stop it re-occurring.

KenL
18th March 2015, 08:53 PM
On a three door it is on the b pillar on the curved part a few inches below the bottom of the window. You will see the paint is dull when you open the door.