PDA

View Full Version : Tyre fitter in or near Edinburgh

Eddie_JCW
7th April 2014, 07:56 PM
I'm awaiting 2 new tyres and wondered if anyone knew a decent fitter through this way.

Thanks to Craig (I think) who recommended camskill.co.uk in a previous thread I found :thumbs up:

KenL
8th April 2014, 06:43 AM
I have bought a few sets of tyres through black circles and had them fitted at Seafield Coachworks. Balancing always good and alloys unmarked.

Eddie_JCW
8th April 2014, 06:59 AM
:thumbs up: thanks Ken that's what I like to hear

Eddie_JCW
8th April 2014, 02:59 PM
Well turns out Seafield Coachworks went out of business a few weeks back :(

KenL
8th April 2014, 03:30 PM
That is a pity. Always seemed busy to me.

GERFIX
8th April 2014, 04:09 PM
I had a couple of "internet" tyres fitted at GP Autos in Dalkeith recently. Good service and quick fitting. Even advised me about possible insurance issues with the non-runflats I was having fitted. Cost £30 all-in. Not cheap but not hellish expensive either. No problems with marks on the wheels but it's always good to mention any concerns before you get them to fit the tyres.:D

Eddie_JCW
8th April 2014, 04:12 PM
Cheers mate. I've bit the bullet and went to Farmers. They also advised of insurance and warranty issues but they're getting fitted anyway. Might pop the RFs on the front and wear them out sharpish, the Dunlop SP1's are crap anyway.

badwolf340
8th April 2014, 07:47 PM
Cheers mate. I've bit the bullet and went to Farmers. They also advised of insurance and warranty issues but they're getting fitted anyway. Might pop the RFs on the front and wear them out sharpish, the Dunlop SP1's are crap anyway.

so what tyres did you pick then :popcorn:

Eddie_JCW
8th April 2014, 08:37 PM
Uniroyal Rainsport 3's. I wished I'd done it as soon as I got the car! It's night and day compared to the RFTs no rumble, jolts and most importantly no tram-lining :thumbs up:

GERFIX
9th April 2014, 07:48 AM
I noticed the immediate improvement in ride too. I've noticed no discernable difference in performance between the old Dunlops and the Khumos I had fitted but the road noise and tramlining were definitely considerably reduced. I might think about swapping the fronts and rears too to accelerate getting the benefit of a full set of non-runflats.:Whistle: