PDA

View Full Version : Desert dust

AndyP & Lenore
3rd April 2014, 11:17 PM
Just a wee 'heads-up' for everyone washing their car over the next few days.

There's a significant amount of this bloody Sahara Desert dust sitting on my cars in the Borders and I see from the news it's falling as far up as Aberdeen. I would strongly advise anyone who can, to snow-foam first before a hand wash. If you can't do that, then make sure you give the car a damn good blast from a jet hose to make sure all this sahara dust is off the car before you put a wash mit on it. As much as it's obviously extremely fine, it still seems to me that if you don't get rid of this dust before you wash, you'd be as well just wiping the car with a sheet of sand-paper and living with the swirls. :sad::sad:

Just sayin.. :idunno:

Craig
3rd April 2014, 11:44 PM
Aye - make sure you take precautions people :). It's a bad situation !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jdl_1967
4th April 2014, 06:24 AM
I'll just leave mine for another couple of months unwashed then, problem solved ;-) I rely on a layer of dirt keeping my paint in good condition underneath.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

EcosseGP
4th April 2014, 06:34 AM
^^ aye we've noticed John. The rain will certainly take the dust off it this morning !

stoney
4th April 2014, 07:58 AM
Yep iv noticed it as well foam wil be coming out to night 😁

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_212 using Tapatalk

weefossy
4th April 2014, 01:05 PM
Living 200 yards from the beach, it's a common problem. As Andy says, give it a really good blast with jet hose before touching the car.

Ivano
7th April 2014, 08:50 PM
I noticed the Golf like this today. Layer of white dust. Must have come down last night/ today as gave the car a wash yesterday and all was fine.

badwolf340
8th April 2014, 01:21 PM
Dust and paint never a good combo