PDA

View Full Version : Grille badge

Neil - TXJ
1st April 2014, 10:16 PM
Hi.

Thinking of getting the SD boot badge to fit to my front grille.

Problem is I am not sure how I could fit it - any ideas? I don't think it will simply stick to the grille.

Thoughts appreciated.

Eddie
1st April 2014, 10:25 PM
I'd just superglue it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mini mad andy
1st April 2014, 10:34 PM
How about heavy duty double side sticky tape.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eddie_JCW
2nd April 2014, 12:05 AM
The only suggestion I have is to superglue a couple of tie-wraps to the back of the badge, that way you don't ruin the grille :thumbs up:

Neil - TXJ
2nd April 2014, 12:07 AM
Thanks but the grille is a honeycomb so not convinced sticking will work. Think it is also curved a bit which doesn't help.

Think I may need a bracket of some form to fit to the grille and then stick badge to that.

ELFMAN
2nd April 2014, 10:20 AM
:idunno: Silly suggestion, maybe 'Araldite' (or similar) 2 wee bolts to the badge, pass them through the grille, and add nuts! :thumbs up: Araldite should hopefully hold, as badge is light.

I have my 'Works' badge for the front lower grille (didn't fit F & R badges due to 'stealth' status!), and it has two 'prongs' which go through the grille and have push-on locking washer thingies to secure the badge.

MINI William
2nd April 2014, 10:40 AM
Either Eddies suggestion or Euans would be the easiest and best way

badwolf340
2nd April 2014, 11:32 AM
Other way would be to obtain 50th anniversary badge and convert to your needs .ebay allways has a couple

Craig
2nd April 2014, 01:18 PM
Or buy a badge holder which gives a metal backing plate :)

Gismo
2nd April 2014, 01:48 PM
I had tried to get interest for a badge a while ago, can't remember the company but their work was top notch, down to price i guess

RobSco
2nd April 2014, 04:44 PM
I had tried to get interest for a badge a while ago, can't remember the company but their work was top notch, down to price i guess

Use to have a company bookmarked for badges that you could get made up but the link doesn't work now but found this one that I'm sure is the same company as it all looks the same... :idunno:

www.magnetagz.com

Neil - TXJ
2nd April 2014, 08:47 PM
Thanks for responses everybody appreciated.

Think I will order the badge from our sponsor and then give it some more thought.

Had been talking to Magnetagz but couldn't get a design anything nicer than the enamel badge but they do do a holder I could probably use.

EcosseGP
2nd April 2014, 09:22 PM
Why do they not do a Scottish magnetic tag ?

Craig
2nd April 2014, 09:41 PM
I've got one :)

RobSco
2nd April 2014, 10:14 PM
Why do they not do a Scottish magnetic tag ?

This what your looking for Davy... www.magnetagz.com/collections/magnetic-badges/products/scotland ... :thumbs up: