PDA

View Full Version : Route planning

Neil - TXJ
30th March 2014, 09:05 PM
Hi

What Apps/WebSites do people use for planning/printing runs.

I can not figure out a way to use google maps to plan a route - if you just want to get from AtoB it is easy but if you are trying to do a bit of a circular route I can not figure out how to do it.

I have seen links posted on here (there is one on the Highland Tour thread) but can't figure out how to do it. I am sure it is easy but like everything if you don't know how it isn't!

Cheers

MINI William
30th March 2014, 09:08 PM
I usually use AA route planner

Duncan Stewart
30th March 2014, 09:48 PM
I use google maps. Just drag bits of the route around till you get what you want.

AndyP & Lenore
30th March 2014, 10:12 PM
Neil, if you choose your start location and set your end location immediately adjacent, then click "add a destination". Then I think you need to slide that destination up or down in your list. Then you can also drag your route around to make sure it uses the exact roads you want.

Any of that make sense?

Neil - TXJ
30th March 2014, 10:16 PM
Thanks guys will try again. When I drag it tends to re plan the route😟

Craig
30th March 2014, 10:36 PM
I don't use maps. I use petrol and knowledge to make my route and get run notes made from the details gathered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndyP & Lenore
30th March 2014, 11:17 PM
Just realised Neil, if your talking about MINI run planning, I wouldn't plan it on Google Maps. Like Craig says, get an idea of what roads you fancy including, then just get out in the car and plot the route live while you drive around. Best way.:thumbs up:

Duncan Stewart
31st March 2014, 09:31 AM
Google maps is a great way to start planning but the only way to check run out properly and make notes is to do it in an actual car.

Mon the fish
31st March 2014, 09:46 AM
Autoroute for initial planning, which then gives you an excuse for a drive for the detail

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk