PDA

View Full Version : Its here !!!!

R7 ETH
26th August 2004, 10:02 PM
Finally after a month wait i have got my IPOD, just got back from lunch and it was sitting on my desk. I know they say Ipon Mini but this thing is smaller than some phones i have seen.:D
Away for a play now.

Sheilz
26th August 2004, 10:16 PM
have fun!
:D:D:D

GAJ
26th August 2004, 10:30 PM
They're pretty cool eh! Now we'll have to persuade you to buy a G5 to go with it!

macblob
27th August 2004, 12:49 AM
I want a g5 my old imac is gettting near pension age

Steve74
27th August 2004, 12:51 AM
Just got an X-serve for the office - very cool!

Smurf
27th August 2004, 04:12 AM
Got a new generation iMac last Christmas - the one the size of a dinner plate with a dome and a flat screen - fandabbydozie!!

3GGG
27th August 2004, 05:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf

Got a new generation iMac last Christmas - the one the size of a dinner plate with a dome and a flat screen - fandabbydozie!!

Nice - same here:)

3GGG
27th August 2004, 05:51 AM
quote:Originally posted by R7 ETH

Finally after a month wait i have got my IPOD, just got back from lunch and it was sitting on my desk. I know they say Ipon Mini but this thing is smaller than some phones i have seen.:D
Away for a play now.

Well, how is it going? - you sussed out how to work it :clown:;):)

R7 ETH
27th August 2004, 04:39 PM
quote:Originally posted by 3GGG

[quote]

Well, how is it going? - you sussed out how to work it :clown:;):)

:D yeah getting there still cant get over how small the thing is. Might buy the mini dock thing, think it will look cool on my desk:cool:

R7 ETH
27th August 2004, 05:03 PM
What would be the best format to get as many CD's on as possible MP3 AAV WAV files ?

GAJ
27th August 2004, 05:22 PM
Quick answer AAC!

Detailed answer - AAC and MP3 are lossy compression codecs; they will both create file sizes that are a fraction of the size of WAV files.
AAC files tend to be slightly smaller than MP3 files of the same bit rate i.e. a track encoded as a 128 bps AAC will be slightly smaller than the same track encoded as a 128 bps MP3. The consensus is that AAC sounds better than MP3 at the same bit rate, although this is subjective. I find 128 bps AAC acceptable but anything less than 192 bps MP3 pretty ropey! Depending on how fussy you are you may notice no difference, especially if you are still using the smelly headphones that come with the iPod!;)

R7 ETH
27th August 2004, 06:36 PM
:p wow that will put that to bed then :D
Cheers AAC all the way