PDA

View Full Version : Alternative forums ......

Sideways Steve
20th March 2014, 01:47 PM
Just curious to know if anyone else on here also posts on other mini related forums, just recently posted on Minitorque and must say some of the posts so far in response to my car are amusing lol !

Curious to know if anyone else finds NMS much friendlier than others out there ?

Mon the fish
20th March 2014, 01:55 PM
MT tells it like it is; some like it, some don't. What you have to remember is to 1) not get upset that some people have different opinions to you and 2) give any banter straight back.

It's the best performance mini forum there is. Also what to remember, is that any modding advice on there is based on years of experience - that's why they have strong opinions on what works

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sideways Steve
20th March 2014, 02:18 PM
I get that, been around the car scene long enough to know ! Lol but just feel sometimes it's a bit harsh to rip into someone's car without even a hello welcome to the forum first lol !

Also as you point out everyone has different opinions on different things so why should it be ok to tell people you must change this or that ? Lol

I'm 30 I've had more cars than hot dinners so really couldn't care less what people think of my own personal tastes I just find it amusing reading such responses lol !

EcosseGP
20th March 2014, 03:33 PM
Yeah I'm a member on another few forums and very rarely go onto MT for the reasons above, just can't be bothered with the sarcastic replies you usually get on there .. Everyone has their own opinions on things and I respect that but sometimes things get a bit OTT.
Like Mon the fish says there's a wealth of information on MT and someone usually knows the answer if you're ever stuck for information which is why I tend to read it rather than post on it ..

Sideways Steve
20th March 2014, 03:38 PM
Yeh I'm thinking of that approach too Davy ! Lol

I'm getting too old for that sort of forum banter ! Lol

Gismo
20th March 2014, 03:40 PM
For a truly wonderful forum experience you should join northamericanmotoring.com :lol:

Sideways Steve
20th March 2014, 03:43 PM
Lol I've read it a few times when looking for specific info but I'm guessing it's a bit wild also from your comment ? Lol

KenL
20th March 2014, 04:17 PM
MINI2 was so good in the early days, never go there now. TM I also dip into - pretty good people there in general.

I know it is not a forum (though can post comments on articles) but Motorile file is fantastic. Bizarre how most breaking news we post on here comes from this US site.

ELFMAN
20th March 2014, 04:25 PM
I'm getting too old for that sort of forum banter ! Lol

Same here! :thumbs up: Good advice and helpful opinions are fine, but slagging off someone's pride and joy (or their car!) because it doesn't tick all your boxes is just infantile and pointless :hand:

Of course things can get 'interesting' on NMS from time to time, but I reckon when things get a bit heated, it's done out of personal enthusiasm and passion for a subject rather than petty malice. It's usually handled pretty well by other users and the mods and not allowed to get OTT. This is after all meant to be a pleasant experience. A bit of 'banter' is good fun and mainly harmless. I have to say that I'm not a great fan of anyone hiding behind a website pseudonym and taking pot shots at others (or their cars) from the safety of their own bedroom... Lots of folks these days on social media think it's a bit of a laugh to say what they like online, no matter how insulting or derogatory it might be. A bit of a laugh until the people they've hacked off find out where they live that is
I think it's great that NMS is regarded as a friendly and welcoming MINI website, and it's something we should all be damn proud of! :yes:

zimbo
20th March 2014, 04:35 PM
Motorile file is fantastic.

I think you mean Motoringfile Ken :smilewinkgrin: and yes that is a great site for any mini related news etc :thumbs up:

KenL
20th March 2014, 05:13 PM
Oops! Thanks for spotting my wee mistake...

ELFMAN
20th March 2014, 05:34 PM
Motorile file is fantastic.

Yes, it keeps yer engine runnin! :thumbs up:

donnaj1dlh
20th March 2014, 08:03 PM
I'm a member of Totalmini too.....same username :)

badwolf340
20th March 2014, 09:33 PM
Same here! :thumbs up: Good advice and helpful opinions are fine, but slagging off someone's pride and joy (or their car!) because it doesn't tick all your boxes is just infantile and pointless :hand:

Of course things can get 'interesting' on NMS from time to time, but I reckon when things get a bit heated, it's done out of personal enthusiasm and passion for a subject rather than petty malice. It's usually handled pretty well by other users and the mods and not allowed to get OTT. This is after all meant to be a pleasant experience. A bit of 'banter' is good fun and mainly harmless. I have to say that I'm not a great fan of anyone hiding behind a website pseudonym and taking pot shots at others (or their cars) from the safety of their own bedroom... Lots of folks these days on social media think it's a bit of a laugh to say what they like online, no matter how insulting or derogatory it might be. A bit of a laugh until the people they've hacked off find out where they live that is
I think it's great that NMS is regarded as a friendly and welcoming MINI website, and it's something we should all be damn proud of! :yes:

NMS does indeed have a lot to be proud of ,the amount of people that have became friends all because of a car is simply amazing ,the time and effort everyone puts in to keeping this going shows that indeed we do have a lot to be proud of, that other forums do not have....:yes nod:

d.oxley72
22nd March 2014, 08:22 PM
I'm on Fullonminis.