PDA

View Full Version : Engine noise inside cabin.

Eddie
15th March 2014, 04:29 PM
Right. Just got the car back from garage and it sounds like I've got a massive hole in bulkhead lol as noise bad. Even thought it was cumming threw stereo so turned it off to check lol. Any ideas as garage stumped what they have done to it. As I say it's like I got a big hole in it. There is no holes. Car running fine apart from I think the fan was coming on bit to much. Not sure. But all pressures etc are fine. Help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eddie_JCW
15th March 2014, 04:36 PM
Possibly an exhaust leak? Or an air intake hose off?

Eddie
15th March 2014, 04:55 PM
They all fine. I changed the pulley damper bracket. But this also had a pulley vibration damper ( little shock absorber thing) which was completely gone. So just fitted the bracket till get little damper thing on Monday. Could this b the cause of the loud engine noise in cabin?? It's only thing that's been changed

Eddie
15th March 2014, 04:59 PM
It like I have a speaker in my footwell playing the sound of the engine.

Eddie
15th March 2014, 05:59 PM
Tensioner stop bracket I changed. And it should have had like a small vibration bush also but mine was gone. Just fitted the new tensioner stop bracket without small bush thing( as don't have 1 until Monday now). But getting loud engine noise in cabin. Am thinking it's the bracket vibrating as no bush on it and noise is cuming in threw foot heater blower tubes thing.

Eddie_JCW
15th March 2014, 06:24 PM
That kind of makes sense

Eddie
15th March 2014, 06:44 PM
Cheers Edd. It gota b. think without the small bush thing that attaches to the stop bracket and it's vibrating all over and threw the air flow thing into footwell. Will find out on Monday when get the small bush will update outcome ;).

badwolf340
15th March 2014, 08:32 PM
Cheers Edd. It gota b. think without the small bush thing that attaches to the stop bracket and it's vibrating all over and threw the air flow thing into footwell. Will find out on Monday when get the small bush will update outcome ;).

keep us up todate Eddie noise/sound can be a pain and as you have said may be noise transmitted thru metal to metal ,which makes a great medium for sound transmission :sad:

Eddie
15th March 2014, 08:35 PM
Will do :)

Eddie_JCW
15th March 2014, 10:17 PM

No problem, sorry I couldn't be much help. Car looked good when you passed me last week, see you tomorrow mate. ;)

Eddie
15th March 2014, 10:18 PM
:)

Eddie
15th March 2014, 10:21 PM
Just clicked. That u that was coming other way near meadow bank. Your car was mint also. That b why I was flashing :)

Eddie_JCW
15th March 2014, 10:21 PM
Yep that was me ;)

Eddie
18th March 2014, 01:41 PM
Outcome. When garage fitted bush they managed to lift steering colum out bulkhead where it meets the rack on the black boot thing. That's why it sounded like speaker playing inside cabin. So if ever u have this problem u know 100 percent what has happend.

stoney
18th March 2014, 03:58 PM
Glad you got it all sorted ;

Eddie
18th March 2014, 04:48 PM
Cheers stoney

Eddie_JCW
18th March 2014, 05:21 PM
Good to hear it was something simple ;)

Gismo
18th March 2014, 05:50 PM
Ah, i had the same problem when my last UK R53 was converted to a turbo, i didn't think yours was the same problem, so didn't mention it :frown: sorry

badwolf340
18th March 2014, 05:53 PM
Alls well that ends well.....whens the NOS getting done ?

Eddie
18th March 2014, 07:46 PM
This month. Just waiting on Roland making my cat back system first. Should b finished 2weeks tops then nos. I purchased uprated oem coil pack with magnacore leads couple of rear top mount poly bushes, and the stealth black air tec rad with the air tec written along top in orangey red. :) rad n bushes brand new. Paid 250 all in deliverd. Happy chap.

Eddie
18th March 2014, 07:47 PM
2day lol

Stavy
18th March 2014, 09:06 PM
You beat me to it was going to message Paul for the coil and leads today messaged him for the cabrio braces though

Eddie
18th March 2014, 10:26 PM
Soz stavy. :)