PDA

View Full Version : ALL4 clutch

Dave
14th March 2014, 11:50 PM
Yo! Probably is a topic on this as it's all over American Mini forums however can't seem to find it! Anyways, anyone who knows Dumfries, knows there's a junction at the top of St. Michaels street where one lane goes left/straight, middle lane is overflow for straight and right lane goes right. At night it's widely known only cocks use the middle lane. Sure enough, I'm sitting in the left lane going straight on and one of these people pulls up next to me in a neddy seat, burn him I think! Anyways go to accelerate hard and it bogs down badly and burns the clutch. Still beat him but the clutch pedal wouldn't come up! See it seems to be an issue in America but what about the UK?

Also my drivers window doesn't have the one touch to put it up......is this normal? And a lot of the time when putting it up when it gets to the top it them drops an inch or two:-/

Cheeers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

badwolf340
15th March 2014, 10:07 AM
Wonder if the countryman has a CDV fitted (JCW R56 /GP/1M all do) may be an issue or if you were driving in a lively manor it can feel like the clutch pedal is not coming up but in real time its fractions of a second , and is it ok now ?

MINI William
15th March 2014, 10:26 AM
Yo! Probably is a topic on this as it's all over American Mini forums however can't seem to find it! Anyways, anyone who knows Dumfries, knows there's a junction at the top of St. Michaels street where one lane goes left/straight, middle lane is overflow for straight and right lane goes right. At night it's widely known only cocks use the middle lane. Sure enough, I'm sitting in the left lane going straight on and one of these people pulls up next to me in a neddy seat, burn him I think! Anyways go to accelerate hard and it bogs down badly and burns the clutch. Still beat him but the clutch pedal wouldn't come up! See it seems to be an issue in America but what about the UK?

Also my drivers window doesn't have the one touch to put it up......is this normal? And a lot of the time when putting it up when it gets to the top it them drops an inch or two:-/

Cheeers

Wonder if the countryman has a CDV fitted (JCW R56 /GP/1M all do) may be an issue or if you were driving in a lively manor it can feel like the clutch pedal is not coming up but in real time its fractions of a second , and is it ok now ?

This ^^

About your window this is a coding issue where the window wont go fully up. Ive had this on 2 cars and Ianking had it on his JCW

mini mad andy
15th March 2014, 12:21 PM
Yes as Brian says it would be intresting to know if there is a CDV (clutch delay valve) fitted, I suspect not if you say the engine bogs down, basically with any car with 4 wheel drive (unless it is designed to do this with CDV's ect.) you should not rev the engine and dump the clutch as you will generally not get wheel spin so all the torque has no where to go so will try to break something in the transmission instead. You should try to let the clutch out quickly in a controlled manner.

When you say you burnt the clutch, did you smell it and is it ok now?

Has the clutch pedal returned to normal or is it still not feeling right?

Dave
15th March 2014, 01:04 PM
Yo, yeah the clutch smelled incredibly bad!! Should have stopped accelerating but hey ho. When I lifted my foot fully off it the clutch stayed down then sprung up when I came off the throttle. So can coding be done at a dealer to fix the window issue? Still in warranty likes:)

Dave
15th March 2014, 01:07 PM
Also yeah it's fine now. Although the clutch has always been a bit funny. Drive a van a lot and the clutch is very different, sometimes find myself revving too hard and going nowhere.

mini mad andy
15th March 2014, 01:08 PM
Does the clutch operate and feel ok now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dave
15th March 2014, 01:19 PM
Yeah it felt fine the rest of the journey and felt fine this morning so hopefully not done anything wrong.

mini mad andy
15th March 2014, 01:44 PM
Yeah maybe have to be a little less urgent releasing the clutch or one day you will give the cocks in the middle lane a good laugh !!!

Dave
15th March 2014, 01:54 PM
Yeah maybe have to be a little less urgent releasing the clutch or one day you will give the cocks in the middle lane a good laugh !!!

Think i gave him a pretty good laugh last night! Beat him but the reek coming off my clutch was probably gassing him so he would have known i made an arse of it. Made an arse yet still beat him:-)

Craig
15th March 2014, 04:44 PM
Coding for the window needs done at the dealer. they may want to charge you, but just talk to them nicely and you never know. ;)

Dave
15th March 2014, 08:10 PM
Coding for the window needs done at the dealer. they may want to charge you, but just talk to them nicely and you never know. ;)

Well I was made redundant from the mini dealer in Dumfries......three days before my wife gave birth......with no prior warning......not that I'm pissed off the bunch of **** prick toss bollock arseholes. Didn't buy my mini from them and sure as hell ain't getting it serviced from them. Will be going to carlisle:) might get a sneaky go in the new mini as a courtesy car!:)

Craig
15th March 2014, 08:41 PM
Oh that's not good... Hopefully Lloyd's can help you out :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoney
15th March 2014, 09:26 PM
Well I was made redundant from the mini dealer in Dumfries......three days before my wife gave birth......with no prior warning......not that I'm pissed off the bunch of **** prick toss bollock arseholes. Didn't buy my mini from them and sure as hell ain't getting it serviced from them. Will be going to carlisle:) might get a sneaky go in the new mini as a courtesy car!:)

I use Carlisle for my servicing ect they are very good speak with Andrew he is the service manger ;)

Dave
15th March 2014, 10:11 PM
Haha yeah lloyd carlisle all the way:) will give me a phone start of week and ask for Andrew:)