PDA

View Full Version : JCW or not

illegalhunter
9th March 2014, 04:52 PM
Was gonna get the JCW body kit fitted to my CM ,but Fairbairns have 2real JCW in Irvine , decisions decisions

stoney
9th March 2014, 05:43 PM
Depends on what you want out the car at the end of the day prob cheaper getting the kit and a remap

badwolf340
9th March 2014, 06:28 PM
JCW countryman is so nice ,depends on what you want or need but sometimes great to go stuff it Iam having it allways a good day when you get a new car what ever it is :)

MINI William
9th March 2014, 06:47 PM
JCW Countryman is a fantastic and lovely car. However it's a little disappointing to drive as it lacks that JCW punch and the brakes are awful compared to what should be on the car either JCW 4 pots or the GP 6pots for such a big heavy car. You won't notice much difference in performance between your S and the JCW.

AndyP & Lenore
9th March 2014, 09:00 PM
JCW Countryman is a fantastic and lovely car. However it's a little disappointing to drive as it lacks that JCW punch and the brakes are awful compared to what should be on the car either JCW 4 pots or the GP 6pots for such a big heavy car. You won't notice much difference in performance between your S and the JCW.

I have to say William, I disagree with you there. We noticed a big difference going from the Cooper S countryman to the JCW countryman. I've felt the JCW is a better performing car on every level.

Can't argue with the brakes issue though. It's a classic case of wondering what on earth MINI were thinking giving a "performance" car which is heavier than the hatch a smaller brake package. Bizarre. :scratch::scratch:

MINI William
9th March 2014, 09:08 PM
I have to say William, I disagree with you there. We noticed a big difference going from the Cooper S countryman to the JCW countryman. I've felt the JCW is a better performing car on every level.

Can't argue with the brakes issue though. It's a classic case of wondering what on earth MINI were thinking giving a "performance" car which is heavier than the hatch a smaller brake package. Bizarre. :scratch::scratch:

Having not lived with a JCW Countryman please don't take what I said as the be all. This is on my opinion when I drove one on a test drive when we were thinking off one and can honestly say that we were disappointed and never felt it much quicker that our SD Countryman

AndyP & Lenore
9th March 2014, 11:24 PM
Having not lived with a JCW Countryman please don't take what I said as the be all. This is on my opinion when I drove one on a test drive when we were thinking off one and can honestly say that we were disappointed and never felt it much quicker that our SD Countryman

Funny you should say that... our first test drive back in December 2012 left us fairly unimpressed. And is what led us to ordering our JCW Hatch. But further test drives convinced us that the one we took out must have been tight as a knats ass or had something wrong with it.

And like I say, our current JCW Countryman is plenty powerful. Not as "off the blocks" as our hatch but a close call.:thumbs up:

illegalhunter
10th March 2014, 09:32 AM
I can get the kit for £1120 from a mini dealer down south, but I love the 19s . So about 3k for the look