PDA

View Full Version : Blowing exhaust

Cooper S Scott
9th March 2014, 10:42 AM
Hey guys
Just looking for some imput/advise here I noticed yesterday that my exhaust system is blowing on my 02 plate Cooper s.
I always said that if something goes on it I will replaced it with upgrade parts so was thinking about a cat back s/s system.
As I reckon if u we're going to BMW a standard system would prob be as much money or not far away from the price of upgrading.
Any ways I seen this on e baby
http://bit.ly/1dEnH8N
Anybody had 1 or have any recommendations on this??
The other thing is I am a engineer an can weld so thought about making my own but was wondering if any 1 could point me in the right direction of buying the silencer,flanges and tail pipes ???
Or again if any 1 knows a second hand 1 going for sale at a reasonable price
Cheers guys
:)

Mon the fish
9th March 2014, 12:17 PM
The only problem with buying that is you have no idea what it sounds like - if it drones at 2k rpm it'll do your head in.

IMO keep an eye on the various forums' classified sections and pick up a proper Milltek, JCW or whatever. MT is probably your best bet

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Cooper S Scott
9th March 2014, 01:37 PM
Thanks fish
Av been having a look about an ur right most people do say milltek are the way forward
But I just thought I would ask people on here's opinion as no dour some 1 has done it before
My wife uses my mini back and forward
An I do kart my son about in it
So don't get me wrong I would like a nice sport sound of it
But not back to boy racer ish if u know what I mean
:)

Mon the fish
9th March 2014, 02:37 PM
Definitely don't buy a stock system again though

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Cooper S Scott
9th March 2014, 05:03 PM
No a won't mate
Like I say my wee Cooper s which I think is an r53 not to clued up
But I think dosent get used that much it's like I little toy for me
So my plan is to get some extra power out her
An with her only having very low miles for year I thought I would just start as and when we hits went wrong
So jumped on this form as all u guys seem to know ur stuff an like I say no Dout some one as done it before
But I will keep my eyes open perhaps for a milltex
1 might pop up sooner or later :)

stoney
9th March 2014, 05:39 PM
Miltec is good so are fletcher also take a good name very like the jcw system

EcosseGP
9th March 2014, 10:36 PM
Why not get a custom built one ?

Eddie
9th March 2014, 11:22 PM
Who would u recommend for a custom 1?? I see a few people have went to stainless creations and also complete auto solutions. I'd like to know if any1 has used either or any1 else and there outcome etc. noise, drone, motorway drone etc etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EcosseGP
9th March 2014, 11:52 PM
I had my S done at stainless creations and although the exhaust is great there were a couple of wee things that didn't please me personally but overall the exhaust and job was very well done. The noise from it is very quiet and I have two square tail pipes just to be different ! I went with the JCW style set up single pipe to Y piece then rear box either side and back into the tailpipes in the centre.

Craig
9th March 2014, 11:54 PM
I've used stainless creations as has Davy (MiniGP) and William and I can say I was very happy with the results. They will build it to YOUR requirements. The quality of their work is superb

Cooper S Scott
10th March 2014, 12:22 PM
Great feed back guys
Cheers I know 1 of my mates had is golf gti or there and they built him a system again he's was very happy with it so I might end up going down this route.
Just a fought ideal guys with u guys getting it done on minis
What kinda of price was this ?????

Eddie
10th March 2014, 03:41 PM
I just inquired with them and your talking around the 500 mark. For an extra 70 quid you can get Roland's new sports lite Gtt cat bk system.

Cooper S Scott
10th March 2014, 07:35 PM
Cheers Eddie
Thanks

Mon the fish
11th March 2014, 02:30 PM
£210 for a Janspeed... http://www.minitorque.com/forum/f229/braces-janspeed-catback-system-39961/

Cooper S Scott
17th March 2014, 11:58 PM
Thanks mate
Am not on this as often an I had a look but it's sold
But thanks all the same :)