PDA

View Full Version : Gutted today

mini mad andy
1st March 2014, 08:30 PM
Was meant to be getting my new Countryman today, Peter Vardy got the car about 4 days ago so it was all good to go until the PDI yesterday when they found a problem with a door lock :sad:. So now not getting it until the part arrives and is fitted. Only hope they get the part quickly.

MINI William
1st March 2014, 08:39 PM
That's no good Andy. But at the same time good that the car isn't going out until it's fixed

badwolf340
1st March 2014, 08:40 PM
not good news ,but hope all turns out all well :thumbs up:

mini mad andy
1st March 2014, 09:14 PM
Agree William I wouldn't want to get it only to have to take it back next week for them to fix it. At the end of the day it's not the dealers fault and I'm sure they will get it fixed as soon as they can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

EcosseGP
1st March 2014, 10:15 PM
Aggghhh that'd be a nightmare .. Hang in there ;)

Craig
1st March 2014, 10:17 PM
I'm sure it will be amazing when you get it. Good on the garage for finding it themselves and not just handing the car out with a fault :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crombers
1st March 2014, 10:36 PM
Just a slightly longer 'time in labour' than usual ........................ you'll be fine :thumbs up:

stoney
2nd March 2014, 09:20 AM
That's a shame but as others have said better to be fixed before you get the car

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_212 using Tapatalk

mini mad andy
4th March 2014, 02:26 PM
Still waiting for the car and not very impressed.

Seemingly the wrong door locked had been fitted. When the car arrived the door could not be unlocked as the central locking does not work until it is activated during the PDI. It appears that the drivers door has the wrong lock fitted which does not match the key (not really what you expect from a premier manufacturer).

Peter Vardy say they have never seen anything like this before, how's it me that these things happen to :confused:. The part is hopefully going to arrive tomorrow but I'm wondering what other wrong parts have been fitted.

Craig
4th March 2014, 04:12 PM
Bummer - think you've got my normal bad luck with cars :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MINI William
4th March 2014, 04:17 PM
Still waiting for the car and not very impressed.

Seemingly the wrong door locked had been fitted. When the car arrived the door could not be unlocked as the central locking does not work until it is activated during the PDI. It appears that the drivers door has the wrong lock fitted which does not match the key (not really what you expect from a premier manufacturer).

Peter Vardy say they have never seen anything like this before, how's it me that these things happen to :confused:. The part is hopefully going to arrive tomorrow but I'm wondering what other wrong parts have been fitted.

Disappointing Andy. Very surprised that the wrong part has been fitted having been to plant oxford many times BMW/MINI take great pride in how the cars are made and that how everything for each car comes together at the correct time. I would imagine that these standards are maintained in the Austrian Factory as well, however this appears not to be the case.

mini mad andy
5th March 2014, 11:09 PM
Between me and Peter Vardy we decided I would take the car today as the part that were waiting for seems to have gone AWOL in Germany and Mini say it will be at least another 2 days until it gets here. Would not want to be waiting for a door lock on a normal order as this is meant to be a high priority order. Anyway the central locking is working fine and I have not used a key to open a car for a long time so I can't see how it will be a problem. I will get it fixed when the part eventually arrives.

MINI William
5th March 2014, 11:11 PM
Glad you have the car, just a shame it's not 100%.

Anyway where's the pics

mini mad andy
5th March 2014, 11:16 PM
It was dark when I got it, I'll get some soon.

mini mad andy
5th March 2014, 11:18 PM
I actually got the Tax disc in the post today so I asked them if I could get a car to go with the disc ,,

djlow1969
6th March 2014, 09:08 AM
enjoy your new motor and be happy

RobSco
6th March 2014, 09:31 AM
Glad to see that you've finally got your Countryman but its unfortunate that you have to go back to have the new part fixed even though it's annoying, put this behind you and start enjoying your new MINI... :motoring:

Eddie_JCW
6th March 2014, 11:31 AM
It isn't red by any chance? Passed a 14 plate parked near Gilmerton. Looked nice.

mini mad andy
6th March 2014, 01:41 PM
It isn't red by any chance? Passed a 14 plate parked near Gilmerton. Looked nice.

No it's white

Eddie_JCW
6th March 2014, 02:11 PM
Oh well :lol: , will look out for a white one then. seen quite a few 14 plate Minis.

mini mad andy
6th March 2014, 02:27 PM
I'm usually around Cramond, I will keep a look out for you though, I will try to get some pictures of my car up later today. Might need to wait a bit longer to get decent pictures as the weather is not to good today.

mini mad andy
8th March 2014, 01:50 PM
Just received 6 bottles of wine from Mini for the hastle I've been having with my new car :whoohoo::whoohoo::whoohoo:.

http://i1305.photobucket.com/albums/s559/z650andy/minigift_zps32777f6c.jpg (http://s1305.photobucket.com/user/z650andy/media/minigift_zps32777f6c.jpg.html)

Thanks and cheers to Mini :thumbs up:

RobSco
8th March 2014, 03:31 PM
Nice to receive something in recognition for the hassle you've had with your Countryman... :thumbs up: