PDA

View Full Version : Ducati MotoGP Decision

Gismo
28th February 2014, 05:03 PM
Ducati have decided to go for the open class (http://www.motogp.com/en/news/2014/Ducati+choose+Open+option) for 2014

mini mad andy
28th February 2014, 10:52 PM
Will be interesting how they get on against the other factory teams with there extra fuel, softer tyres and extra engines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gismo
1st March 2014, 04:42 AM
Dovizioso is already fast, looks like Ducati finally found the "problem"

Angib
1st March 2014, 03:57 PM
Will be interesting how they get on against the other factory teams with there extra fuel, softer tyres and extra engines.
It's the other way around - Ducati have chosen to downgrade themselves from a 'factory' team to an 'open' team. "We aim to be the best of the rest" doesn't sound that great, does it?

Gismo
1st March 2014, 04:49 PM
It's the other way around - Ducati have chosen to downgrade themselves from a 'factory' team to an 'open' team. "We aim to be the best of the rest" doesn't sound that great, does it?Correct, but, what they have done is given themselves an ideal opportunity to be more competitive with "better" options, more fuel, more engines though limited to the supplied software.
Everything else is still the same Ducati.

What will be interesting will be the first race just to see how competitive Dvizioso is there, sadly i don't think Cal has the technique for that bike, the lack of front end is not his style and that's the main Ducati fault

Gismo
2nd March 2014, 05:17 AM
Strange how Ducati are being touted as a factory team for the tyre testing in Australia this coming week.
I had thought that if they went into the open class they lost their factory status :idunno:

mini mad andy
2nd March 2014, 09:22 AM
Yes it is strange but it might be because they announced they were moving to the open class in Sepang and maybe that was to short notice to get more open class tyres to Autralia.

This is quite intresting http://www.crash.net/motogp/news/200720/1/official-ducati-goes-open-class-for-motogp-2014.html the bit about how Magneti-Marelli, who make the controled ECU's for the open class and the factory ECU's for Ducati, have just given the open class ECU a major update. I wonder if Ducati are getting the benefits of the open class rules using similar ECU's that they would have been using in the factory class.