PDA

View Full Version : Insurance renewal.....

bry_mini
27th February 2014, 11:02 PM
So its that dreaded time of the year where my insurance company try to pull a fly one, as always the renewal came in more expensive than last year, £160 more even though they said my mini is a lower risck car than my last car.
Quick search on some of the compare sites and i can buy insurance almost half the price of my renewal.
Chancers!

simonfr
27th February 2014, 11:07 PM
Try DirectLine while you're at it. They're not on any of the comparison sites, but after going to them online I got a cracking deal (ok, a few quid more than the cheapos like Elephant/Admiral, but you get what you pay for ..... and I've had the knocked back claim to prove it!)

Simon

Craig
27th February 2014, 11:39 PM
I use greenlight for my car. The gp was under £300 with all mods covered new for old :)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

AndyP & Lenore
27th February 2014, 11:41 PM
You could always try NMS Site Sponsor Chris Knott. (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?22334-New-Blurb%E2%80%9D)

KenL
28th February 2014, 07:15 AM
I used to be with Direct line but they whacked up my premium and excess when I changed to the S.

Went to L V and happy with their prices. Free automatic insurance on courtesy cars too.

badwolf340
28th February 2014, 08:04 AM
As Andy says try Chris Knott

Gismo
28th February 2014, 09:00 AM
Just for perspective, for anyone that says they are happy with their insurer, is it the price you paid or have you had the misfortune to have had to actually use your insurance.
All too often the proof of "good" insurance is not what you pay but when you use it

simonfr
28th February 2014, 09:53 AM
DirectLine : very happy with the price and the discount offered to my wife when she insured her car, and the fact we also got a discount on the home insurance too. I've fortunately not had to make a claim, but I have heard a couple of positive reports from people I know well that have had to claim ........ Same went for AON when I was insured with them.

DigitalLemming
28th February 2014, 09:57 AM
I'm with eSure less than £300 - think that means I reached that combination of age and no claims that means they'll cover me. Never had to claim on my insurance as touch wood I've never had an accident :D So I just hop around each year looking for the best deal.

Reminds me I must talk to them about changing the exhaust on it :thumbs up:

stoney
28th February 2014, 11:11 AM
I'm with eSure less than £300 - think that means I reached that combination of age and no claims that means they'll cover me. Never had to claim on my insurance as touch wood I've never had an accident :D So I just hop around each year looking for the best deal.

Reminds me I must talk to them about changing the exhaust on it :thumbs up:

As soon as you mod eSure won't touch you I know this :lol:

MINI William
28th February 2014, 11:35 AM
As others have said try our Site Sponsor Chris Knott. (http://www.newminiscotland.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?22334-New-Blurb%E2%80%9D)

bry_mini
28th February 2014, 06:33 PM
Try DirectLine while you're at it. They're not on any of the comparison sites, but after going to them online I got a cracking deal (ok, a few quid more than the cheapos like Elephant/Admiral, but you get what you pay for ..... and I've had the knocked back claim to prove it!)

Simon

Ive been with admiral/elephant for the last 4 years. They have been a pleasure to deal with. When my car was stolen in 2010 they had it sorted without a problem. Only take the pi$$ come renewal time.

- - - Updated - - -

I use greenlight for my car. The gp was under £300 with all mods covered new for old :)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

I have been recomended greenlight by a few people, seem like a decent insurer for a modified car and offer good rates for track days. Think ill give them a go....

stoney
28th February 2014, 08:44 PM
I'm going to give Chris knott a shot this year along with green light and Adrian flux as had good Srevice out of both in the past for mods and stuff

Jude
28th February 2014, 10:15 PM
I was £163 for the Paceman this year with esure. Thought that was pretty good.

Mon the fish
1st March 2014, 07:45 AM
Chris Knott gave me a brilliant price this year with all mods covered - I'm paying less than I used to for a stock JCW. Couldn't match Flux's price for the 550 though

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk