PDA

View Full Version : Next gen Clubman

KenL
27th February 2014, 09:22 PM
The next generation Clubman is about to reveal itself... http://www.motoringfile.com/2014/02/25/world-debut-mini-clubman-concept/#more-33354

Looks good to me. So glad that "club" door is gone, never a fan.

badwolf340
27th February 2014, 09:26 PM
not to bad ,cant wait to see more pics

MINI William
27th February 2014, 09:36 PM
Quite like it. Always been a clubman fan. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out

weefossy
27th February 2014, 09:50 PM
Oh Yes....I do like. best of all the models so far...imho
Pity that I've stated "I'll never buy another new car" though.........

stoney
27th February 2014, 10:15 PM
Defo looking forward to this it looks really good mmmm hold on to this one for a year or 2 till the new works is out then … :lol:

Craig
27th February 2014, 10:21 PM
Yeah that looks nice, wonder how low it will be ??

AndyP & Lenore
27th February 2014, 11:46 PM
Is it hugely different to the 4 door hatch though? Just wondering what the difference will be?

Gismo
28th February 2014, 04:18 AM
Looks like a stretched Paceman, i'll be the first to say i don't like it :Whistle:

d.oxley72
28th February 2014, 06:06 AM
If BMW is telling us to accept that the 'new' MINI range is no longer going to be mini sized (by today's standards), then this looks like most attractive option so far.
I've never been a fan of the suicide door, but would still consider a clubbie next time around.

Big Col
28th February 2014, 07:50 AM
Looks like a stretched Paceman, i'll be the first to say i don't like it :Whistle: NO WAY!!! Gismo saying he doesn't like something?!?! :thud:

Mon the fish
28th February 2014, 08:27 AM
So how do you decide 4-door hatch or clubbie?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Crombers
28th February 2014, 01:34 PM
I just cannot get this new front face ............ it's a howler

Maybe in the flesh ............. Kirkcaldy awaits

badwolf340
28th February 2014, 02:13 PM
Saw some more pics in the car sections of the papers today .want to see a clubman in the flesh.or do I get an old one now mmmmmm

MINI William
28th February 2014, 02:27 PM
Saw some more pics in the car sections of the papers today .want to see a clubman in the flesh.or do I get an old one now mmmmmm

Old one now can then trade it in for a new one :thumbs up:

weefossy
28th February 2014, 03:00 PM
Think the difference between Clubbie and four door will be the rear door. Clubbie as it is now, 4 door will be a hatch, like the old Maxi was.

AndyP & Lenore
28th February 2014, 03:57 PM
Think the difference between Clubbie and four door will be the rear door. Clubbie as it is now, 4 door will be a hatch, like the old Maxi was.

I guess so Malcolm. I was also wondering if there was a significant overall size difference. The current Clubbie is a longer beast than the hatch. The images in that link from Ken shows a fairly long car. If I recall correctly, the four door hatch isn't hugely longer than the 2 door hatch.

jonnie
28th February 2014, 03:59 PM
I just cannot get this new front face ............ it's a howler

Maybe in the flesh ............. Kirkcaldy awaits

Have to agree, i just cant get past those lights.

Gismo
28th February 2014, 04:53 PM

I guess so MalcolmLook at the link again, you can clearly see barn doors, and, only to keep Big Col happy, that Clubman front end is extremely hideous :Whistle:

weefossy
28th February 2014, 07:45 PM
Correct....the Clubbie has "Barn Doors" in the picture, but i think the 5 door hatch will have a tail gate like the 2 door hatch.....doh!

stoney
28th February 2014, 08:33 PM
Correct....the Clubbie has "Barn Doors" in the picture, but i think the 5 door hatch will have a tail gate like the 2 door hatch.....doh!

Think you will be right I am looking forward to this coming out !!

I remember us all say the same things about the R56 and look now most of us have one or have come to like them a lot more now then we first did

I was never keen on the clubman but really like it now don't think I love it the same way I loved the GP tho !!

Gismo
1st March 2014, 04:48 AM
Can you actually call it a Clubman if it doesn't have barn doors?
If it has a hatch, then it's a hatchback, surely................and Mini already produce and will produce that

Mon the fish
1st March 2014, 07:42 AM
So the choice of the clubby or the 4 door comes down to how you want the boot to open?

Alex from NM
1st March 2014, 08:36 AM
So the choice of the clubby or the 4 door comes down to how you want the boot to open?

Essentially yes as far as I can tell. BMW s head designers are losing the plot.

stoney
1st March 2014, 08:53 AM

I think the clubman will be bigger than the 4 door hatch

Gismo
1st March 2014, 09:04 AM
I think the clubman will be bigger than the 4 door hatchIt wouldn't be a Clubman if it as the same size, i can't see it having a rear hatch, Mini have covered that with several styles now, to be a Clubman it must surely have barn doors :idunno:

Big Col
3rd March 2014, 07:15 AM
Look at the link again, you can clearly see barn doors, and, only to keep Big Col happy, that Clubman front end is extremely hideous :Whistle:

:D

To be fair whilst I don't hate the front end I think Ali is spot on with his comment on the rear lights. They would look much better vertical. I also still can't get used to the lettering on the back these days. Is it still an option to debadge them?

stoney
3rd March 2014, 07:39 AM
:D

To be fair whilst I don't hate the front end I think Ali is spot on with his comment on the rear lights. They would look much better vertical. I also still can't get used to the lettering on the back these days. Is it still an option to debadge them?

Even if it was not an option to de badge it would be the first thing I would be doing !!

zimbo
6th March 2014, 12:42 PM
I still REALLY like this :yes nod: ...until I see those awful rear lights :yuk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rGbcc2NwOI

stoney
6th March 2014, 01:15 PM
I still REALLY like this :yes nod: ...until I see those awful rear lights :yuk:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rGbcc2NwOI

i am the same really looking forward to seeing this in the metal could defo be tempted

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_212 using Tapatalk

goodingm
8th March 2014, 12:34 PM
Pretty sure there will be a little bit more to it than that. Agree with back lights but certain they will not be staying. Looks superb I think, apart from the back lights.