PDA

View Full Version : Mini In The Park Convoy from edinburgh

dj_tigger1982
25th August 2004, 11:00 PM
Ok guys and girls

Here goes with a semi route to MITP and this can be edited and changed to suit and pick up more people

Ok I have camping at a campsite next door to silverstone so myself and chris J are going straight to the campsite. Others can then make there own way to there final destination.

I live in edinburgh i have a friend coming down on the friday night and staying over then we are of on the sat morning.

It looks like a 3 possibily 4 car convoy from my house leaving about 6-7 in the morning.

The plan so far is as follows

Leave Broxburn and head along the M8 to the M74 Turnoff

Join M74 and continue down to M74 in England. At the point where we reach Carslie we will stop for Petrol. That Journey time should be about 1 hour 40 mins.

After that Carry on down the M6 and we might need to stop of again for more fuel but we will jst find a petrol station of the Motorway.

Then continue down the M6 untill Junction 19 Knutsford Services. Aprox Journey time to here will be 5 hours from my house (Give or take the traffic) That should mean we will be arriving there about say 12 o clock.

From here I am not sure of where are good places to pick up more cars. So I am hoping that some of the southern Mini Clubs can give us some service station junctions to stop off at to pick up more cars. We will prolly need to pick up more fuel before we get to silverstone. so a service station is the best idea.

After we leave the M6 we need to Join the M1 and then we are heading for Junction 15a when we turn of to the road to silverstone and the campsite.

I hope this is all ok.

Any corrections or amendments please post and I will change it.

Mike

Edit:- Moved to the correct forum

Duncan Stewart
26th August 2004, 04:37 PM
Were heading down on the Saturday but have a few things to do on the way down so can't join the convoy. I'll keep my eyes open tho and wave if we see you on the motorway. :D

Vicki
2nd September 2004, 05:46 AM
Hiya! Im on the MINI2mini stand at Mini In The Park ...... We havent yet decided on a meeting place for this but we are also at TRAX this weekend coming and are meeting at Towcester Travel Lodge so will probably be the same meeting point. See map below

http://www.mini2mini.org/albums/album91/silverstone1.sized.png

I'll make sure i come and say hi to you guys if i can find you! ... or if not, please do come and say hi to us guys on the M2m stand :)