PDA

View Full Version : Windows being a mare, and iPhone 5 lead?

Dave
21st February 2014, 01:21 PM
Hello!

Obviously with the great weather in Scotland these days it would probably be great if the windows on the car decided to all open of their own accord. Unfortunately I was lucky enough for this to happen on the wettest night ever and the car got absolutely soaked! Carpet shampooer was out sookin up all the water from the floor which resembled a paddling pool and the seats proved great buckets! Anyone else had this happen? I went outside at about ten to lock the garage (car not in it) and all windows were up yet in the morning all down.

Also anywhere I can get an iPhone 5 docking hing for armrest or even the Y cable would be a good start!

Cheers

Craig
21st February 2014, 01:29 PM
Y cable off amazon for about £8 but you need to buy a connector to go between the apple connector and the lightning connector. Also make sure the connector passes audio signals as some of the cheap ones don't.

As for the windows, this was a problem in earlier R50/53 cars and was normally down to water ingress into the body control unit. Never heard about it happening to CM thi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dave
21st February 2014, 01:31 PM
Y cable off amazon for about £8 but you need to buy a connector to go between the apple connector and the lightning connector. Also make sure the connector passes audio signals as some of the cheap ones don't.

As for the windows, this was a problem in earlier R50/53 cars and was normally down to water ingress into the body control unit. Never heard about it happening to CM thi

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Water ingress, beezer! Will keep and eye on it and see what happens. Annoying when it was soaked like!

EcosseGP
21st February 2014, 02:04 PM
Never had this hassle on a MINI used to happen all the time when I had the TT .. Had to keep resetting them via the air con unit which was a total pain. I was told by Audi it was a problem that they couldn't sort and it was a "quirk" of the car .. aye right. Hope it doesn't happen again Dave nothing worse than a soaking car !

Dave
21st February 2014, 06:36 PM
Never had this hassle on a MINI used to happen all the time when I had the TT .. Had to keep resetting them via the air con unit which was a total pain. I was told by Audi it was a problem that they couldn't sort and it was a "quirk" of the car .. aye right. Hope it doesn't happen again Dave nothing worse than a soaking car !

Aye I know!!! Pain in the arse even the carpet shampooer doesn't get it dry and the mats at least can be taken out and hung over a radiator. Child seat was unreal, just absorbed water like a sponge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

ianking
23rd February 2014, 08:41 AM
Maybe you lent on the key without realising it. If the unlock button is held down all the windows will open.

Dave
23rd February 2014, 06:36 PM
Ahhh! Didn't know the car did that! Just went and tested it. Can't remember if key was in my pocket or not but that could have caused it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD