PDA

View Full Version : Touring Car Legends

AndyP & Lenore
20th February 2014, 02:10 PM
Anyone else watching this on ITV4?

We started following the BTCC about 5 or 6 years ago and try to make it to as many races as we can. It's great fun and great racing.

But the TV program is covering the legends of the BTCC from it's early days in the 1960's to present date. It's a series of 3 sixty minute programs. Just watched the program that deals with the "Super touring" days of the early to mid-90's. It was great to see the battles between Soper, Cleland, Hoy, Harvey and so on because coming in to the BTCC so late we missed all that at the time. Next episode (which we have recorded and ready to watch) brings it up to current day racing with the battles between Plato, Neal and Shedden.:thumbs up::thumbs up:

If you haven't seen it, it's available on ITV Player.:thumbs up:

Craig
20th February 2014, 02:14 PM
Yeah watched all 3 and it's amazing how some racing drivers have selective memory :)

I remember going to Knockhill/Donington and Silverstone in the 90's to watch the super tourings, it was an amazing time with MASSIVE. budgets and I think about 8 manufacturers involved. Also remember camping at Knockhill over a BTCC weekend around that time - great memories :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badwolf340
20th February 2014, 02:20 PM
Supertouring races were great fun to watch, met cleland and warwick through vauxhall car club we were up at knockers all day..brill

MINI William
20th February 2014, 02:54 PM
Ive been watching it as well. I remember going to Knockhill when I was young and watching the Supertouring races and also watching it on the telly, Also Dad having the road cars as well was pretty cool (Vectra Supertouring, Vectra Soupertouring 200 and Astra 888).Sadly the BTCC is nothing what it used to be.

Big Gordy
20th February 2014, 05:44 PM
Yeah I've been watching it. All great stuff. Tom Walkinshaw was brutal..!! Wonder if there's any truth in the "petrol in the roll cage" quote..??

Mini Ecosse
20th February 2014, 07:25 PM
Yep, been watching this series. Superb:thumbs up: