PDA

View Full Version : NMS Has a new home page

AndyP & Lenore
14th February 2014, 10:49 PM
As part of the new ownership of NMS by William and Brian Harper, it was decided to create a new home page for the site.

No disrespect meant to previous owner Alan (the Gismo Man), but Alan would be the first to admit he's no web designer and being honest, the home page - although functional and attracted new members - reflected that.

The home page for the site is more often than not the very first page people see before they become members. And it was decided to refresh this page to 'de-clutter' and simplify the process of welcoming new visitors to the site and encourage them straight into the forums. It was also decided that for now, there is nothing beyond the home page - other than the forums. So, there's no menu to navigate and no pages to wander around before you do eventually make it to the forums for the meaty stuff.

Thanks to a few members for providing the background images, which will be refreshed every few months, to continue keeping the page fresh.

For the techy web designers among us...

The page is built on a Bootstrap framework, is responsive (so it should look almost as good on a mobile phone as it does on a desktop), and I've utilized open source script "adaptive-images" to reduce the file size of the images on the fly, so that again when being accessed by a mobile phone it won't take 2 days to load and use up all your data allowance.

Have a look and if there are any suggestions, or indeed, any faults (typo's), shout out here.

www.newminiscotland.co.uk

MINI William
14th February 2014, 11:01 PM
Thank you for your hard work on the home page, we appreciate it. I'm sure everyone will agree that it looks fantastic. Exactly what we had discussed but better :thumbs up:

DarnShiv
14th February 2014, 11:19 PM
Looks really good guys:thumbs up:

zimbo
15th February 2014, 12:02 AM
Looking good guys :thumbs up: only thing I'd suggest is that you maybe think about mentioning that diesel minis are also accepted in here and not just the petrol versions which is how it appears (reads) below, just a thought.

"whether your car is a MINI One, a Cooper, Cooper S, JCW or a GP, THIS is the web site for you"

:smilewinkgrin:

RobSco
15th February 2014, 12:24 AM
Looking Good Andy... :thumbs up: ...For some reason your link to the home page on Safari takes me to the old home page... :scratch: ...Checked with Firefox and your link is fine... :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
15th February 2014, 12:31 AM
Looking Good Andy... :thumbs up: ...For some reason your link to the home page on Safari takes me to the old home page... :scratch: ...Checked with Firefox and your link is fine... :thumbs up:

Do you mean the link in the first post in this thread? If so, I guess the old page will be cached by your browser. And using a different browser took you to the correct new page.

Refresh your cache and you should be fine. ;)

Steven Allan
15th February 2014, 12:38 AM
looks clean i like it

RobSco
15th February 2014, 12:41 AM
Do you mean the link in the first post in this thread? If so, I guess the old page will be cached by your browser. And using a different browser took you to the correct new page.

Refresh your cache and you should be fine. ;)

Problem solved... Thanks Andy... Now taking me to the correct home page with the refresh... :thumbs up:

Crombers
15th February 2014, 03:31 AM
:thumbs up: Tis grand

Gismo
15th February 2014, 05:06 AM
No disrespect meant to previous owner Alan (the Gismo Man), but Alan would be the first to admit he's no web designer and being honest, the home page - although functional and attracted new members - reflected that
:thumbs up:
An obvious step in the right direction, light years ahead of my capabilities

MINI William
15th February 2014, 09:13 AM
Looking good guys :thumbs up: only thing I'd suggest is that you maybe think about mentioning that diesel minis are also accepted in here and not just the petrol versions which is how it appears (reads) below, just a thought.

"whether your car is a MINI One, a Cooper, Cooper S, JCW or a GP, THIS is the web site for you"

:smilewinkgrin:

I understand where your coming from Ali but remember the D cars aren't a different version or level of MINI they are simply a ONE, COOPER or S variant with a D engine

badwolf340
15th February 2014, 10:33 AM
Mister P you are indeed a star ,your efforts are indeed far beyond expectations.you are the Daddy thank you

Craig
15th February 2014, 11:10 AM
Well done Andy! Your pretty good at these web pagey type things ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndyP & Lenore
15th February 2014, 12:40 PM
:thumbs up:
An obvious step in the right direction, light years ahead of my capabilities

:thumbs up: Tis grand

Mister P you are indeed a star ,your efforts are indeed far beyond expectations.you are the Daddy thank you

Well done Andy! Your pretty good at these web pagey type things ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shucks. :blush:

You're all too kind, it's just smoke and mirrors, you know. :D

jonnie
15th February 2014, 03:57 PM
Page looks great.

Mini Ecosse
15th February 2014, 09:06 PM
:thumbs up::thumbs up:

EcosseGP
15th February 2014, 09:17 PM
Excellent result ... ;)

Stewart
15th February 2014, 09:19 PM
Very Nice!

Goldie
16th February 2014, 04:59 PM
Fresh, clean and looking good :yes nod:

Eddie_JCW
17th February 2014, 01:00 AM
Looks excellent!

boozeman
23rd February 2014, 02:48 AM
The front page looks a million times better, I think the whole site needed a wee update. Keep up the good work :thumbs up:

Jude
23rd February 2014, 05:22 PM
Looking good.:thumbs up: