PDA

View Full Version : MINI Meat! Friday 25th April - The Filling Station, Edinburgh Omni

AndyP & Lenore
11th February 2014, 10:27 PM
Time for another legendary NMS MINI Meat! For those who are new to NMS since the last one, the basic premise is that we meet up at a "central belt" reasonably-priced restaurant, and basically have a chat and eat some great (usually) food.

Exact time and location TBC, but is usually a 7pm meet for 7.30pm food and it will be central belt somewhere, usually around Edinburgh somewhere. Will confirm the details a bit nearer the time.

All those up for a meet up and some good food, say AYE! Please also state how many will be in your party.

1. AndyP & Lenore (2)
2. The Harper Clan (4)
3. Craig & Jude (2)
4. The Stone Clan (2 + 1/4)
5. We Three Kings (2 + 1/4)
6. Dave (1)
7. Stephen & Allyson (2)
8. Digital lemming (Andrew) (1)
9. Eddie & Rachael (2)

Total so far: 18 1/2 :)

Craig
11th February 2014, 10:39 PM
21st April is a Monday?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MINI William
11th February 2014, 10:50 PM
As above but we're in x4

AndyP & Lenore
11th February 2014, 11:18 PM
21st April is a Monday?!?!

As above but we're in x4

Aye, well, I'm new to this organizing meets and stuff.:blush: Fixed now.:thumbs up:

Craig
11th February 2014, 11:19 PM
AYE !

AndyP & Lenore
11th February 2014, 11:21 PM
AYE !

:thumbs up:

EcosseGP
11th February 2014, 11:44 PM
Think I'll be struggling but once I find out my shift I'll let you know for sure. Sounds great though

AndyP & Lenore
12th February 2014, 12:42 AM
Think I'll be struggling but once I find out my shift I'll let you know for sure. Sounds great though

I'll put you down as a "maybe" Davy. :thumbs up:

EcosseGP
12th February 2014, 09:18 AM
Of course cheers Andy ;)

stoney
12th February 2014, 11:11 AM
AYE x 2 + baby stone

ianking
12th February 2014, 02:04 PM
As long as Sarah is in good health then we can attend so put us down.
We will be 'we three Kings' by that point.

AndyP & Lenore
12th February 2014, 05:34 PM
AYE x 2 + baby stone

As long as Sarah is in good health then we can attend so put us down.
We will be 'we three Kings' by that point.

All added... First time we've been in need of a high chair at a MINI Meat. And we'll be needing two! :D :lol:

Dave
12th February 2014, 09:44 PM
Yeah am up for this. Just myself probably, downside to having a young kid is need to leave the missus at home!

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

AndyP & Lenore
12th February 2014, 10:46 PM
Yeah am up for this. Just myself probably, downside to having a young kid is need to leave the missus at home!

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's you added Dave. :thumbs up:

Mini Ecosse
13th February 2014, 09:12 PM
Her indoors mumping and moaning about not meeting up with the mini folks so please put us down for this.
Anything for a quiet life :thumbs up:

We have both missed the runs and meets so looking forward to this event.

Craig
13th February 2014, 10:57 PM
Your just too busy working !! Her indoors is right :). Lol

AndyP & Lenore
14th February 2014, 12:09 AM
Her indoors mumping and moaning about not meeting up with the mini folks so please put us down for this.
Anything for a quiet life :thumbs up:

We have both missed the runs and meets so looking forward to this event.

Good stuff. Be good to catch up. Haven't seen you guys for ages! :thumbs up::thumbs up:

ianking
14th February 2014, 02:03 PM
I havent been to a NMS event in even longer I think.
In fact cant remember the last thing I was at.
I remember when I used to be at something at least every month.

Jude
14th February 2014, 08:48 PM
Really looking forward to the return of the mini meats:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
14th February 2014, 09:35 PM
I havent been to a NMS event in even longer I think.
In fact cant remember the last thing I was at.
I remember when I used to be at something at least every month.

Us too Ian.;) I think it was last March the last time we were at an NMS event.:frown:

Really looking forward to the return of the mini meats:thumbs up:

Us too Jude. Need to try and get it back to every couple of months or so.:thumbs up::smilewinkgrin:

Linz
16th February 2014, 11:38 AM
Shame, bit too far for us northerners for an evening :frown:

Linz.

AndyP & Lenore
17th February 2014, 12:23 AM
Shame, bit too far for us northerners for an evening :frown:

Linz.

Yeah, it's difficult getting a location which suits "all". Sorry Linz.:frown:

But, there's plenty "northern" members, so you could always organise a meet up and food. Just start a thread in MINI Meets & Social Forum. :thumbs up:

Linz
20th February 2014, 03:22 PM
Yeah, it's difficult getting a location which suits "all". Sorry Linz.:frown:

But, there's plenty "northern" members, so you could always organise a meet up and food. Just start a thread in MINI Meets & Social Forum. :thumbs up:

Not a problem........definately be down for the Kirkaldy meet though :-)

Yup that's a thought, when I've cleared the bomb site that's my new kitchen, will sort that!

Have a good evening though,

Linz.

ianking
20th February 2014, 08:57 PM
Any ideas yet where you are thinking of having the meet Andy?

AndyP & Lenore
20th February 2014, 10:34 PM
Any ideas yet where you are thinking of having the meet Andy?

We're actually think about Edinburgh's Hard Rock Cafe. They have a couple of set (2) course menu's for £15pp so it's not hugely expensive and there's no doubt the quality is WAY better than the likes of a Frankie & Benny's.

However, we realise there are drawbacks...

Parking is one. Although we could all park in the multi-story underneath the Vue Cinema. But then that's a bit of a trek to George Street.
Babies. HRC is probably too loud and not really suitable for newborn babies, and I wouldn't want to chose somewhere that precludes any chance of you and Rob coming along.

So, happy for thoughts on the Hard Rock Cafe idea. If that's a NO then we have other ideas.

MINI William
20th February 2014, 11:05 PM
We're actually think about Edinburgh's Hard Rock Cafe. They have a couple of set (2) course menu's for £15pp so it's not hugely expensive and there's no doubt the quality is WAY better than the likes of a Frankie & Benny's.

However, we realise there are drawbacks...

Parking is one. Although we could all park in the multi-story underneath the Vue Cinema. But then that's a bit of a trek to George Street.
Babies. HRC is probably too loud and not really suitable for newborn babies, and I wouldn't want to chose somewhere that precludes any chance of you and Rob coming along.

So, happy for thoughts on the Hard Rock Cafe idea. If that's a NO then we have other ideas.

Depending on what time you were thinking you can park on George St for free or could park in John Lewis not as much of a trek

AndyP & Lenore
20th February 2014, 11:09 PM
Depending on what time you were thinking you can park on George St for free or could park in John Lewis not as much of a trek

We'd be into the free period, William as we'd be meeting up at 7 or 7.30 for a 7.30 to 8 food. But it's finding spaces for everyone. Lenore and I can drive up and down George street twice before we find ONE space, never mind 9 or 10.

Haven't parked in St Jame's for a while, but that's a good idea right enough.

Craig
20th February 2014, 11:43 PM
I'm not fussed where we eat, but I don't want to have a pain getting parked. As you know Andy we had problems finding spaces the last time we parked on George St

AndyP & Lenore
21st February 2014, 12:19 AM
I'm not fussed where we eat, but I don't want to have a pain getting parked. As you know Andy we had problems finding spaces the last time we parked on George St

Absolutely. I think it would need to be St James's multi story, if we go with HRC.

stoney
21st February 2014, 08:34 AM
I don't mine I can always drop Christine and baby off and then park up and walk ;)

ianking
23rd February 2014, 08:46 AM
Parking is a real issue and if it's raining I don't want to be walking a distance with a new baby.
Not sure if hard rock is such a good idea

DigitalLemming
25th February 2014, 09:57 PM
Stick me down as a maybe ta. I've got that weekend off and haven't decided if I'm going anywhere yet!

Was at the hard rock in Glasgow a few weeks back and it was quite loud so not sure how the soon to be parents feel about that :)

mini mad andy
25th February 2014, 10:38 PM
Con you put me down for the meat !! wherever it is, I should be able to get along.

AndyP & Lenore
26th February 2014, 02:18 AM
Stick me down as a maybe ta. I've got that weekend off and haven't decided if I'm going anywhere yet!

Was at the hard rock in Glasgow a few weeks back and it was quite loud so not sure how the soon to be parents feel about that :)

Certainly the noise level is one of the considerations in a Hard Rock. I've added you as a maybe, could you let me know if it's you + 1 or just you?

Con you put me down for the meat !! wherever it is, I should be able to get along.

Added Andy! Could you let me know if it's you + 1 or just you?

mini mad andy
26th February 2014, 08:56 AM
Added Andy! Could you let me know if it's you + 1 or just you?

Thanks. It will be just me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cuddles
28th February 2014, 09:31 PM
so looking forward to this , not been to Hard Rock in years :yes nod: xx

RobSco
4th March 2014, 05:54 PM
Hi Andy... Thought it was about time we met up with some more of the NMS gang, and we're actually not working when this is on, put us done for this... Robert + Laura... :thumbs up:

Mini Ecosse
4th March 2014, 06:15 PM
Hi Andy... Thought it was about time we met up with some more of the NMS gang, and we're actually not working when this is on, put us done for this... Robert + Laura... :thumbs up:

:clap::clap::clap:

RobSco
4th March 2014, 06:22 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

Just thought I'd come to keep an eye on you and Allyson... :lol:

AndyP & Lenore
4th March 2014, 08:30 PM

That's you added. :thumbs up:

RobSco
4th March 2014, 08:37 PM
That's you added. :thumbs up:

Thanks Andy... :thumbs up: ...Looking forward to it and meeting you all... :yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
4th March 2014, 08:55 PM
Email away to Hard Rock. Asking them if they have a "quieter area" and asking for menu options and prices etc.

DigitalLemming
4th March 2014, 09:04 PM
Certainly the noise level is one of the considerations in a Hard Rock. I've added you as a maybe, could you let me know if it's you + 1 or just you?

Sorry missed this - just me on my own :) Ta

AndyP & Lenore
4th March 2014, 09:05 PM
Sorry missed this - just me on my own :) Ta

OK ta.

AndyP & Lenore
3rd April 2014, 04:13 PM
Update: 3rd April 2014.

Restaurant is now booked: The Filling Station in Omni centre in Edinburgh. Table(s) booked for 8pm. No deposit required, but I do need to let the restaurant know FINAL numbers the day before.

Restaurant web site: http://www.filling-stations.co.uk/

Menu's: http://www.filling-stations.co.uk/content/food

I did try to book Hard Rock Cafe but by the time I got round to booking it they only had space from 9pm. Maybe try that next time if I'm a bit more organised.

Lenore and I have eaten at The Filling Station once and it was really nice.

Parking will be a doddle as there is plenty space in Omni at that time of day. The restaurant is in the same complex so if it's raining we won't get wet. :p

Still time to sign up to this. For anyone in the "maybe" camp, we can guarantee a great night of banter and MINI chat. We've done LOADS of MINI Meats in the past and they are always very popular and great fun.

MINI William
3rd April 2014, 04:40 PM
Perfect Andy. Will will be there as always.

stoney
3rd April 2014, 04:55 PM
We will be there as well 👍👍

badwolf340
3rd April 2014, 04:59 PM
Perfect Andy. Will will be there as always.

^^ ^^
This sounds great

Mini Ecosse
3rd April 2014, 05:14 PM
That's fine with us:thumbs up:

Eddie_JCW
3rd April 2014, 05:24 PM
Can you add myself and Rachael if it's not a hassle sorry.

cuddles
3rd April 2014, 05:36 PM
Woooooohooooo xxx a night out xx;)

AndyP & Lenore
3rd April 2014, 05:36 PM
That's fine with us:thumbs up:

I wasn't checking with you. :p :lol:

AndyP & Lenore
3rd April 2014, 05:37 PM
Can you add myself and Rachael if it's not a hassle sorry.

No bother Eddie. :thumbs up:

ianking
3rd April 2014, 09:49 PM
Ideal for the 3 of us.

DigitalLemming
3rd April 2014, 10:00 PM
Just read the menu and now I'm starving - definitely in for this now yum!

RobSco
3rd April 2014, 10:41 PM
Well Done Andy in arranging this... :thumbs up: ...Looks like a great place for a meet and the Specials Menu if we're going with that looks great value as does everything else... :yes nod:

AndyP & Lenore
3rd April 2014, 10:45 PM
Just read the menu and now I'm starving - definitely in for this now yum!

Well Done Andy in arranging this... :thumbs up: ...Looks like a great place for a meet and the Specials Menu if we're going with that looks great value as does everything else... :yes nod:

:thumbs up::thumbs up:

Crombers
5th April 2014, 12:58 PM
Shock news ......................... I'll be working that day :sad: :frown:

Mini Ecosse
6th April 2014, 05:05 PM
I wasn't checking with you. :p :lol:

:moonie: :lol:

ELFMAN
7th April 2014, 01:16 PM
Hi Andy, don't know how I missed this (shout from offstage - "Senility!"), but turns out I'm out at my bestest pal Bob's (she's a girl) 50th that night. Anyway, the point of this is just to say...
"Have a great night!" :thumbs up:

RobSco
14th April 2014, 06:05 PM
Hi Andy, Sorry to say that we have to pull out from this... :sad: ...Hope you all have a great night and enjoy yourselves... :thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
15th April 2014, 12:15 AM
Hi Andy, Sorry to say that we have to pull out from this... :sad: ...Hope you all have a great night and enjoy yourselves... :thumbs up:

No problem Rob. Completely understand. There will be more 'meats' organised. :thumbs up:

Mini Ecosse
15th April 2014, 08:39 PM

Hmmmmmm probably heading to Oban :lol:

RobSco
15th April 2014, 10:46 PM
Hmmmmmm probably heading to Oban :lol:

We Wish... But would loved to have met all on the night and was looking forward to this, What worries me now is who's going to keep an eye on you both... :lol:

AndyP & Lenore
15th April 2014, 11:04 PM
What worries me now is who's going to keep an eye on you both... :lol:

I got that covered. :thumbs up::thumbs up: I'm half expecting him to bring "Fred" his pet Black Guillemot with him. :lol:

Mini Ecosse
16th April 2014, 06:14 PM
I got that covered. :thumbs up::thumbs up: I'm half expecting him to bring "Fred" his pet Black Guillemot with him. :lol:

:moonie: :lol::lol:

For those of you who have not yet met "Fred" here is a pix

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Nature/_E2Q0698-Copy_zpse8a2694c.jpg (http://s113.photobucket.com/user/obanmini2/media/Nature/_E2Q0698-Copy_zpse8a2694c.jpg.html)

badwolf340
16th April 2014, 07:44 PM

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Nature/_E2Q0698-Copy_zpse8a2694c.jpg (http://s113.photobucket.com/user/obanmini2/media/Nature/_E2Q0698-Copy_zpse8a2694c.jpg.html)
hope you bring Fred along ...he will be great with some chips :popcorn:

AndyP & Lenore
16th April 2014, 10:54 PM

http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n207/obanmini2/Nature/_E2Q0698-Copy_zpse8a2694c.jpg

hope you bring Fred along ...he will be great with some chips :popcorn:

:lol: :lol:

mini mad andy
22nd April 2014, 08:15 AM
Sorry Andy but I am not going to be able to make it along on Friday.

AndyP & Lenore
22nd April 2014, 12:00 PM
Sorry Andy but I am not going to be able to make it along on Friday.

No bother Andy, thanks for letting me know.:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
22nd April 2014, 12:02 PM
Folks I need to confirm numbers on THURSDAY, so if there's anyone else on the list who is now not able to make this meet, could you please let me know.

And, of course, there's still room if others would like to join us. It's always a great night.:thumbs up:

ianking
22nd April 2014, 01:10 PM
Kings are still going.

Are we all meeting in the restaurant at 8pm or are we all meeting up in the car park first and going up together?

DigitalLemming
22nd April 2014, 01:20 PM
I'm definitely in now :thumbs up:

Wheres everybody parking for this? The only car park I know in the area is the Greenrow one which I think is below ish the Omni?

AndyP & Lenore
22nd April 2014, 06:50 PM
Kings are still going.

Are we all meeting in the restaurant at 8pm or are we all meeting up in the car park first and going up together?

I'm definitely in now :thumbs up:

Wheres everybody parking for this? The only car park I know in the area is the Greenrow one which I think is below ish the Omni?

Good stuff guys.:thumbs up: Update post coming up soon for parking etc. ;)

AndyP & Lenore
22nd April 2014, 06:59 PM
Suggest we all meet in the NCP at Greenside Place - underneath the Omni Centre.

We address is here: http://www.ncp.co.uk/find-a-car-park/car-parks/edinburgh-greenside-place/

Suggest we meet from 7pm. Table(s) booked for 7.30pm so that gives us a chance for a wee chat before eating.

Suggest we all park at the far end of the car park - on the same level as you enter the car park. However, I realise it may not be very easy to get all of the cars together. We'll just need to play it by ear. Not much else we can do.

A wee word of warning... After the meal and you pay for your parking, you will only have a limited amount of time to leave the car park before they try to re-charge you. So, any chit-chatting needs to be done BEFORE you pay for your parking.

Any questions.... fire away.:thumbs up:

Looking forward to this. :thumbs up:

Mini Ecosse
22nd April 2014, 07:46 PM
Suggest we all meet in the NCP at Greenside Place - underneath the Omni Centre.

We address is here: http://www.ncp.co.uk/find-a-car-park/car-parks/edinburgh-greenside-place/

Suggest we meet from 7pm. Table(s) booked for 7.30pm so that gives us a chance for a wee chat before eating.

Suggest we all park at the far end of the car park - on the same level as you enter the car park. However, I realise it may not be very easy to get all of the cars together. We'll just need to play it by ear. Not much else we can do.

A wee word of warning... After the meal and you pay for your parking, you will only have a limited amount of time to leave the car park before they try to re-charge you. So, any chit-chatting needs to be done BEFORE you pay for your parking.

Any questions.... fire away.:thumbs up:

Looking forward to this. :thumbs up:

Still going :thumbs up: Any chance of a sub for the car parking charges lol

AndyP & Lenore
22nd April 2014, 07:55 PM
Still going :thumbs up: Any chance of a sub for the car parking charges lol

There's no such thing as cheap parking in Edinburgh these days.

Craig
22nd April 2014, 08:08 PM
We have to pay for parking? Is this what going to big cities is like ?? :lol:

AndyP & Lenore
22nd April 2014, 08:35 PM
We have to pay for parking? Is this what going to big cities is like ?? :lol:

Am no even biting. Not in the mood.:frown:

ianking
23rd April 2014, 08:11 AM
Will meet in the car park about 7pm then.

AndyP & Lenore
24th April 2014, 01:13 AM
Will meet in the car park about 7pm then.

:thumbs up:

AndyP & Lenore
24th April 2014, 05:11 PM
Final numbers confirmed to the restaurant. But if anyone else want's to join in, I doubt they would say no.:thumbs up:

MINI William
24th April 2014, 06:04 PM
Looking forward to this

AndyP & Lenore
24th April 2014, 06:19 PM
Looking forward to this

Me too. We haven't had a social night for ages. :yes nod:

Mini Ecosse
24th April 2014, 08:16 PM
Me too. We haven't had a social night for ages. :yes nod:

Ditto :thumbs up:

Sideways Steve
25th April 2014, 01:25 PM
Have a good one tonight everyone ! :)

cuddles
25th April 2014, 05:02 PM
Nt long see you all soon xx

Eddie_JCW
25th April 2014, 05:20 PM
I'm looking forward to it

Eddie_JCW
25th April 2014, 11:37 PM
Really enjoyed tonight! Thanks again Andy & Lenore for organising.

stoney
25th April 2014, 11:58 PM
Yep good night had 👍👍 thanks Mr and Mrs P Jessica got home and took her full bottle and is now on 2nd helping well see she slept all the time we where out :lol:

DigitalLemming
26th April 2014, 12:04 AM
Great night - looking forward to the next one already. Thanks Andy and Lenore for organising everything.

Made it home successfully in about 45 min! Not bad for me at all :lol:

AndyP & Lenore
26th April 2014, 12:22 AM
Well we both had a blast tonight. It was great catching up and there was some great banter tonight. Good laugh. Thanks to everyone for coming along and making it a great night. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

MINI William
26th April 2014, 07:19 AM
Great night last night. Thank you to Andy and Lenore for organising. Great to catch up with people.

cuddles
26th April 2014, 07:52 AM
Had a fab night last night thanks again A & L xxxx Hope to see you all again soon xxx

ianking
26th April 2014, 08:16 AM
Had a good time out and good to catch up. Thanks Andy & Lenore.
Great to get the mini united deck chair that is being put away as a collectable for Hamish along with a few other things I've bought for him all ready.
Many thanks to Stephen and Allyson for the lovely presents for Hamish.

badwolf340
26th April 2014, 09:50 AM
As said by others great night ,good for the focus of night on people and not the cars for a change and good to go to the pub after ....whens the next one then ????? :yes nod:

Craig
26th April 2014, 10:36 AM
Great night with food and banter. Mee maw mee maw ! :lol:

Roll on the next one ! :)

Mini Ecosse
26th April 2014, 10:38 AM
Aye good craik last night. Good to catch up with you all and meet the newest/youngest NMS members.

AndyP & Lenore
26th April 2014, 12:25 PM
Great night with food and banter. Mee maw mee maw ! :lol:

Roll on the next one ! :)

We were sat outside Wetherspoon's and the police went flying by, blues and two's blaring away. I shouted.. "THERE'S CRAIG, HANGING OUT THE WINDOW!!!" :lol: :lol:

Craig
26th April 2014, 01:08 PM
PMSL !! :lol:

badwolf340
26th April 2014, 04:22 PM
We were sat outside Wetherspoon's and the police went flying by, blues and two's blaring away. I shouted.. "THERE'S CRAIG, HANGING OUT THE WINDOW!!!" :lol: :lol:
PMSL

EcosseGP
26th April 2014, 07:52 PM
^^Joined lothians traffic have we big fella ?
Sounds like a great night sorry I couldn't make it .. Hopefully next time :)

Craig
26th April 2014, 08:51 PM
Nah, I wouldn't know what to do with all the money ! Lol. I'll explain it to you tomorrow :)