PDA

View Full Version : R53 jcw intake/induction kit

bry_mini
7th February 2014, 08:29 PM
Somewhere along the line my jcw has lost its jcw airbox, not sure if it was replace and sold on, it currently has an cooperS airbox.

Looking for a JCW intake or possibly a good quality induction kit.

Thanks

Bryan

minibob
7th February 2014, 09:18 PM
Are you sure its a standard cooper s one as the dave f which is suposed to be the best aftermarket cai is a modified standard s box. Im just not sure why you would swap out a jcw for one as they are practically the same. Also I might be wrong but somethings telling me some jcws didn't come with the air box but I might be wrong

bry_mini
7th February 2014, 09:39 PM
Yes its a standard cooper s with standard paper filter.

- - - Updated - - -

Any links to the modified standard box?

minibob
7th February 2014, 09:40 PM
Someone must have fitted a aftermarket cia at some point :frown:

Theres the dave f not sure how easy to get a hold of now or there is the one Orranje do which is the same I believe
http://orranje.co.uk/shop-by-car/bmw-mini/mini-generation-1/orranje-stealth-cold-air-intake-kit-for-1st-gen-mini-cooper-s

They have some cracking parts :smilewinkgrin:

stoney
7th February 2014, 09:46 PM
This one takes a very good name and it's a really good price

http://orranje.co.uk/product/orranje-stealth-cold-air-intake-kit-for-1st-gen-mini-cooper-s

stoney
7th February 2014, 09:48 PM
Ha double post MT sell the Dave F box in there shop but it's more money for the same thing !! Only real difference is a plate of some sort

stoney
7th February 2014, 09:49 PM
Bry yours may be the 200 kit works have a look at the injectors if there cream you have the 200bhp works kit if there blue it's the 210 kit

bry_mini
7th February 2014, 10:02 PM
Cheers guys.
@Stoney yeah i think its the 200bhp kit as its a pre faclift 2003 car. Does this mean it didnt have the jcw airbox??

minibob
7th February 2014, 10:04 PM
Ha double post MT sell the Dave F box in there shop but it's more money for the same thing !! Only real difference is a plate of some sort

I thought that the Orranje one was the dave f but wasn't sure

stoney
7th February 2014, 10:05 PM
Yep and smaller injectors than the face lift

stoney
7th February 2014, 10:09 PM
I thought that the Orranje one was the dave f but wasn't sure

No there the same K&N filter but there are slight difference in the box them selfs but both are as good as each other so the orranje one gets my vote Rich is a good guy brought a lot of my clubman parts off him

bry_mini
7th February 2014, 10:11 PM
Ah that explains it. Thanks!

May just pop in a nice panel filter in that case.

- - - Updated - - -

Im now scared to check this orranje site out incase i get an urge to mod......must resist!!!!

stoney
7th February 2014, 10:12 PM
Itg are good for that but I would go above at that price as it will work well with the jcw kit

stoney
7th February 2014, 10:15 PM
Ah that explains it. Thanks!

May just pop in a nice panel filter in that case.

- - - Updated - - -

Im now scared to check this orranje site out incase i get an urge to mod......must resist!!!!

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/02/08/8u9ydedy.jpg

Save you the trouble :lol: £210 gets you pully belt and air box :lol:

bry_mini
7th February 2014, 10:33 PM
Aaaaaaaah! Hahaha superb that actualy looks right up my street, very oem.

minibob
7th February 2014, 11:01 PM
Yeah if I didn't have the jcw fitted with a Itg I would be getting my self one. Yeah rich is great getting myself a g wing and really thinking about the A vents :cool: but keep spending on other things lol

stoney
7th February 2014, 11:27 PM
I fancy some of those A vents for the cubbie

Mon the fish
7th February 2014, 11:36 PM
Should get my a-panels tomorrow, all being well

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk