PDA

View Full Version : Recomend garage to install brakes

Doranzie
6th February 2014, 04:39 PM
Hi Guys,

Looking for some advice. I am putting some new pads, rotors, braided lines and fluid onto my R53.
I have all the parts and am looking for a recommended garage to install them for me, do any of you have any suggestions?
I have toyed with the idea of installing them myself, I really enjoy working on the car whenever I can and having read a few threads and watched a couple of YouTube videos I do quite fancy it but I am unsure about bleeding the brake lines. Have any of you done this yourself and if so how difficult is it?

I am thinking that with brakes being quite important :D it may be best to leave it to the professionals.

Any advice / recommendations welcome.

Robert

- - - Updated - - -

Dam, just realised I have posted this in the wrong section....sorry.

Mon the fish
6th February 2014, 04:43 PM
Mini brakes aren't that special, so any trusted garage local to you would be fine

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

EcosseGP
6th February 2014, 04:46 PM
Where are you from as we all have our own favourite garages but they might not suit you given the distance you may be from them ..

Doranzie
6th February 2014, 09:01 PM
From Gartcosh in Glasgow mate, only had the R53 for a few months. Have a garage I used to use for my old car but never had any garage work done on the Mini.

Mon the fish
6th February 2014, 11:15 PM
The mini brakes are based on the E36, so the technology is old hat. Any decent garage will sort this for you

Doranzie
7th February 2014, 08:16 AM
The mini brakes are based on the E36, so the technology is old hat. Any decent garage will sort this for you

Thanks mate, will give my local a call.