PDA

View Full Version : exhaust question

Steven Allan
3rd February 2014, 10:11 PM
hi everyone i was thinking about purchasing a new exhaust or just the backbox for my car its a 2013 cooper s. I came across a challange exhaust on youtube that i really liked the sound of has anyone else used it? if so is it any good and is it easy to live with or just to loud?

thanks

Mon the fish
3rd February 2014, 10:57 PM
Be fine with standard cat

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

MINI William
4th February 2014, 01:50 PM
These are loud even with the standard CAT in place. Depends on how loud you want to go.

badwolf340
4th February 2014, 02:22 PM
Rather loud with standard cat,put one on started it up then took it off ,would be rather hard to live with on a day to day basis,but also easier to fit to Cooper S than a JCW ,you could just fit challange back box

MINI William
4th February 2014, 02:31 PM
A back box would probably be easier to live with. As above though

Steven Allan
4th February 2014, 05:18 PM
thanks for the replys yeah will think about doing that :)

EcosseGP
5th February 2014, 03:36 AM
What about getting a custom one made ?

Steven Allan
5th February 2014, 05:39 PM
i had thought about that route my brother had one made for his car and it was alright just want the car to sound a bit more mean kinda sounds electric if that makes much sense lol but not loud to make me want to kill myself when im driving on the motorway however i do drive the old minis so there pretty damn noisey

stoney
5th February 2014, 06:49 PM
I would say custom then you can get it tailored to how you want it

Steven Allan
5th February 2014, 08:24 PM
any ideas who to go through ?

MINI William
5th February 2014, 09:22 PM
Stainless Creations in Falkirk have done a few exhausts for people on here myself included. Always good results

badwolf340
5th February 2014, 09:31 PM
any ideas who to go through ?

try these people http://www.stainless-creations.co.uk/ William used them for his cooper and I think a few others on here used them ..think Craig used them or recommended them :thumbs up:

Craig
5th February 2014, 09:35 PM
Yeah on their website is my Dark Silver S with the exhaust on it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk