PDA

View Full Version : R55 Clubman Water Ingress ??

Sideways Steve
31st January 2014, 03:32 PM
Hey folks, does anyone on here with a clubman have any issues with water getting into the boot ?

I keep getting water in the spare wheel well but nothing else gets wet and the carpet etc is all bone dry !

It's doing my head in and I've had to remove the big insert that holds the tool kit etc as it keeps getting flooded.

I cannot for the life of me work out how the water is getting in !

Craig
31st January 2014, 03:37 PM
Not sure on the clubman but it used to always happen on earlier cars thro the high level brake light. Did the same too ie no water anywhere but the wheel well...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mon the fish
31st January 2014, 04:22 PM
Back door seals are mince. Rub, don't seal right, doors rust etc etc. Why we got rid of ours

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

badwolf340
31st January 2014, 04:59 PM
Had 2 clubmans (Hampton,JCW) and never had any probs with the Hampton ,never had the JCW long enough to find out but maybe as Mon says may be down to poor seals but that should be easy enough to check.But reallt should not happen on any make these days.

stoney
31st January 2014, 05:14 PM
Nope no prob with mine !!

Mon the fish
31st January 2014, 07:46 PM
JCs took 12 attempts to try and fix it, and failed miserably. Won't go to JCs again, that's for sure

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

boozeman
1st February 2014, 12:38 AM
I can't say for a r55 but I had my door seals fail on my r56. I had water slowly leaking in, soaked into the carpet underlay and into every nook and cranny. The seals are pony. Replaced them after the damage racked up to £1200 minus a goodwill gesture. I didn't even notice how long they had been damaged for. My advice, get someone inside with a torch and some tissue. And hose the back down. That way then you can see where it's getting in from

EcosseGP
1st February 2014, 09:34 AM
That doesn't sound good but I'd do what boozeman says and run a hose over it with some inside the car and cover the rear with clothes to see where the water runs in too .. Nothing worse than trying to trace a water leak !

Sideways Steve
1st February 2014, 10:47 AM
Yeh tracing leaks is a nightmare but I will find it lol !

RobSco
1st February 2014, 11:07 PM
Yeh tracing leaks is a nightmare but I will find it lol !

Try covering the inside rear with talcum powder if you have any, in doing so the water will leave a trail to where it's coming in and hopefully you'll be able to resolve your issue and is then easy cleaned up after... :yes nod:

Sideways Steve
3rd February 2014, 09:43 AM
Problem located ! Incorrectly fitted rear door seal on the passenger side door !

Craig
3rd February 2014, 10:59 AM
Result !! Well done :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

EcosseGP
3rd February 2014, 11:00 AM
Easy fix phew and a quick one too !

Sideways Steve
3rd February 2014, 11:06 AM
Well it's stayed dry so far so fingers crossed next time we have heavy rain :)

Gismo
3rd February 2014, 03:44 PM
Good news :thumbs up: