PDA

View Full Version : oil leak on my turbo

djlow1969
26th January 2014, 10:52 PM
just noticed that I have a oil leak on the turbo and my mate says I should replace the 2 copper washer do you think this will solve it please help

Sideways Steve
27th January 2014, 10:21 AM
It depends where it's leaking from, you may find it's oil residue leaking from the inlet pipe work to the turbo or from a breather hose. It could be something as simple as a loose hose clamp but could also be a sign of the oil seals in the turbo starting to go.

Can you take a photo of the affected area ?

badwolf340
28th January 2014, 07:42 AM
As steve said pic of affected area would help to show how much oil and where from

djlow1969
28th January 2014, 07:29 PM
all I needed was 4 copper washer on the bango job done thanks guys for your help

badwolf340
28th January 2014, 09:10 PM
all I needed was 4 copper washer on the bango job done thanks guys for your help

glad it was an easy fix :thumbs up:

Sideways Steve
29th January 2014, 11:35 AM
Top tip for future reference, copper washers can be removed then heated with a blow torch until they glow which re annealed them and makes them soft again so they will re seal like new ones.

Saves replacing them if you need a quick cheap fix :)

stoney
29th January 2014, 11:50 AM
Top tip for future reference, copper washers can be removed then heated with a blow torch until they glow which re annealed them and makes them soft again so they will re seal like new ones.

Saves replacing them if you need a quick cheap fix :)

Got the feeling you may be a very useful man to have around ;)

Sideways Steve
29th January 2014, 12:02 PM
Lol I've fixed enough turbo' cars back when I was addicted to Japanese imports ! Lol