PDA

View Full Version : Dust cap query

Steve74
24th August 2004, 09:13 PM
This may be a strange question but what colour/material are the dustcaps on the standard MCS? Are they metallic or plastic?

R7 ETH
24th August 2004, 09:25 PM
They are metal are they not looks like some aluminium.:question:

duncan
24th August 2004, 09:32 PM
I think all the models come with the silver aluminium type dustcap.

Steve74
24th August 2004, 09:32 PM
It's funny, even though I cleaned the wheels a lot I can't remember what the caps were like. Some wee ned nicked them the other week - I'll look at their bikes in the street now!!

R7 ETH
24th August 2004, 09:43 PM
Yeah power to the people think we should start a plight to liberate all the dust caps that are no on Ned's bikes.:D

GAJ
24th August 2004, 09:44 PM
Standard MCS comes with X-Lites I think but they are pretty rare - folks tend to spec. S spokes or buy after market wheels. I think that all the alloy wheels anyway come with shiny metal valve caps though, dunno about the standard steel wheels on the One.

Steve74
24th August 2004, 10:06 PM
I remember seeing a wee local kid - supposed to be nice - on his bike, watching the mini, must be no older than 8! Will be sure to check out the tyres on his bike now... :evil: Maybe I'll take the wheel bolts off while i'm at it... ;)

X30YES
25th August 2004, 03:09 AM
Metalic ..sort of shiny yellow/bronze colour on the S spoke 17's which seem to oxidise if not greased...and on that subject Alloy and steel dont go well either as I found out when I had a flat ...or thought I had , some wee ned let the air oot o the tyre after knicking a valve cap !!....new wheels are getting copperslip or the likes on the bolts and wheel insides, as Mini dont give you a hammer in the boot!!

Big Gordy
25th August 2004, 08:59 PM
My 'S' spokes have plastic valve covers. Maybe thats why I still have them :p:D:approve: