PDA

View Full Version : New Member From Dumfries

Dave
22nd January 2014, 02:39 PM
Hi!

Recommended to sign up here from TotalMINI.com. After working as a MINI sales exec for a while back in 2010 I had a Cooper S All4 demo car and always wanted one. Had a Renault Sport Megane which was nothing but trouble and cost the earth to run. Decided to go for a MINI and found a great all black Countryman with Chili and Media packs in Milton Keynes of all places. Well chuffed with it, better than I remember them being.

Good to see theirs such an active and friendly forum here!

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

MINI William
22nd January 2014, 02:50 PM
Welcome along Dave. Nice looking Countyman. There are a few social events planned for this year such as runs and show etc would be good to have some new members there.

Duncan Stewart
22nd January 2014, 03:10 PM
Hi and welcome

stoney
22nd January 2014, 03:29 PM
Welcome to Nms

Craig
22nd January 2014, 04:03 PM
:welcome: :)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Crombers
22nd January 2014, 05:36 PM
Welcome to NMSland :saltireflag:

RobSco
22nd January 2014, 05:44 PM
Hi

Welcome to New Mini Scotland... :thumbs up:

:welcome:

Nice Looking Countryman... :yes nod:

badwolf340
22nd January 2014, 05:49 PM
Welcome to :thumbs up: NMS

EcosseGP
22nd January 2014, 06:10 PM
Welcome along Dave great to have another MINI owner join the party ;)

jonnie
22nd January 2014, 07:21 PM
Welcome along. Im in Dumfries so ill look out for you. Nice car.

mini mad andy
22nd January 2014, 07:42 PM
Hi Dave,

Welome to NMS :bigwave:, thats a nice looking CM you've got :thumbs up:.

Cheers :beer:.

Andy

jonnie
22nd January 2014, 07:47 PM
Yeah black with union jack roof, though its in the garage at the mo due to an incident with a cop car.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Dave
22nd January 2014, 07:56 PM
Yeah black with union jack roof, though its in the garage at the mo due to an incident with a cop car.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Ah, no great! not had any police "encounters" since i had my clio. Pulled me over down the road from my house. "Where you headin tonight son?"...."Over there":-)

stoney
22nd January 2014, 08:24 PM
Leadhills road is fantastic i do a picnic run that uses that road we stop off in the valley for a BBQ\ picnic but yes very good fun

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_212 using Tapatalk

Dave
22nd January 2014, 08:39 PM
Leadhills road is fantastic i do a picnic run that uses that road we stop off in the valley for a BBQ\ picnic but yes very good fun

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_212 using Tapatalk

Yeah up through Leadhills to Abbington then back down the Dalveen pass is a great drive:-) yet to take the MINI there but when i get the chance

stoney
22nd January 2014, 09:00 PM
Yeah up through Leadhills to Abbington then back down the Dalveen pass is a great drive:-) yet to take the MINI there but when i get the chance

Yep more or less the picnic run route ;)

Dave
22nd January 2014, 09:49 PM
Yep more or less the picnic run route ;)

Cannie wait for that one then! Know those roads very well! One of my mates ended up down the banking heading up to Wanlockhead and had to walk all the way to the top to get a phone signal. Pissed myself laughing in sorrow for him

stoney
22nd January 2014, 10:11 PM
Gutted love the roads around there a real blast made me want to take the cubbie round them now lol

Dave
22nd January 2014, 10:38 PM
Gutted love the roads around there a real blast made me want to take the cubbie round them now lol

just noticed you have the car I looked at and tried to convince myself so hard I didn't need 5 doors. Absolutely love the Works Clubman. Mon, I'm doing nothing but watching this boring Man U game so lets go! I'm only half an hour away from there! And on a completely unrelated note can I have a go of your car please:-)

stoney
22nd January 2014, 10:43 PM
just noticed you have the car I looked at and tried to convince myself so hard I didn't need 5 doors. Absolutely love the Works Clubman. Mon, I'm doing nothing but watching this boring Man U game so lets go! I'm only half an hour away from there! And on a completely unrelated note can I have a go of your car please:-)

We should meet up 1 day down leadhills for a photo shoot and have a swap over for a few mile :lol: ;)

Dave
22nd January 2014, 10:47 PM
We should meet up 1 day down leadhills for a photo shoot and have a swap over for a few mile :lol: ;)

Your on! Wish I had test driven one! Worked for MINI for over a year and never drove a R55, R56 or R57 Works. Drove a used Supercharged GP and it was brilliant but being a smaller dealer we didn't keep and Works and was just lucky the GP came in as PX.

stoney
22nd January 2014, 10:48 PM
Your on! Wish I had test driven one! Worked for MINI for over a year and never drove a R55, R56 or R57 Works. Drove a used Supercharged GP and it was brilliant but being a smaller dealer we didn't keep and Works and was just lucky the GP came in as PX.

I traded my gen1 GP for the cubbie as it's family time for us Christine is due to give birth in just over 2 month so needed more than 2 seats lol

Dave
22nd January 2014, 10:53 PM
I traded my gen1 GP for the cubbie as it's family time for us Christine is due to give birth in just over 2 month so needed more than 2 seats lol

Ahhh! GP I thought were great but would have to be second car. Had a Clubman Cooper S for a while an no idea why but the exhaust popped and banged all the time! Probably startled a few folk while overtaking. Countryman doesn't do it at all an slightly missing it! Burbles but that's about it.

stoney
22nd January 2014, 11:12 PM
Ahhh! GP I thought were great but would have to be second car. Had a Clubman Cooper S for a while an no idea why but the exhaust popped and banged all the time! Probably startled a few folk while overtaking. Countryman doesn't do it at all an slightly missing it! Burbles but that's about it.

Yep it was my daily to start with then went to being a 2nd car then got traded as did not use it enuf and baby on its way :lol:
Yep the cubbie pops and bangs in sport mode but not as much now it's been mapped :( (but more power and better fueling is always good :lol: )

Had a manifold on the GP and that went off like a shotgun :lol: lots of fun

Dave
22nd January 2014, 11:38 PM
Yep it was my daily to start with then went to being a 2nd car then got traded as did not use it enuf and baby on its way :lol:
Yep the cubbie pops and bangs in sport mode but not as much now it's been mapped :( (but more power and better fueling is always good :lol: )

Had a manifold on the GP and that went off like a shotgun :lol: lots of fun

Ah, nah Countryman doesn't do it at all. Got a 2 year old girl so she's chuffed sitting there in her big comfy recaro getting right excited that the door handle glows orange! Car journeys in the dark now consist of her not shutting up about the door handle and obviously can't understand why it changes colour as well! You got this to look forward to mate! But let me know when your free and can go a blast down leadhills and try to not run over gypsys camping at side of road.

jonnie
24th January 2014, 10:06 AM

Sent from my GT-I9300 using TapatalkWould just like to point out the incident involved an unmarked police car driving into me on a roundabout, nothing more sinister.

djlow1969
25th January 2014, 08:52 AM
:thumbs up:welcome along to nms and enjoy the fun great people here

Mini Ecosse
25th January 2014, 01:53 PM
Hi :welcome:

Colin
26th January 2014, 05:15 PM

Linz
28th January 2014, 09:05 PM
Greetings from Aberdeen and welcome :welcome:

d.oxley72
25th February 2014, 11:31 AM
Good looking Countryman. I live in Dumfries as well.

jonnie
25th February 2014, 07:02 PM