PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Cooper/S ( PURCHASED )

ACF
24th August 2004, 05:11 PM
Hi all,
I'm looking to buy a good secondhand MINI Cooper,(S if the price is right). Willing to wait for a reasonable time if some one has a new one on order.
Thanks
ACF

Gismo
24th August 2004, 05:18 PM
Hi, my car (S) is for sale, though not advertised, it featured in GoMini, send me your e-mail address by clicking on my user name and i'll forward the details to you asap ;)

The car is available immediately :)

Gismo
24th August 2004, 06:02 PM
Got your e-mail, have replied, but, just to whet your appetite ;)

BBR 240 Cooper S + Mods

Make & Model Mini Cooper S
First Registered September 2002
Mileage 28000 miles
Colour Dark Silver / Black
Service History 1st service 11000 miles
2nd service due 28500 miles
Car Cost New £18800
Sale Price Negotiable

Exterior:-
Black bonnet stripes (beginning to fade)
Grey scale union jack roof graphic
18” Technomagnesia Detroit F1 Alloy Wheels, not sure of tyre condition but decent amount of tread, locking wheel nuts
AP Racing front brake conversion (needed 3mm wheel spacer)
BBR front wishbone conversion (induces negative camber)
Eibach Pro lowering springs, 30mm
Aero side skirts
25 per cent window tint all round (except windscreen)
Roof coloured skirts all round (stone chips on some areas)
MINI driving lights
Adjustable rear sway bar
Front strut brace
Alloy dipstick
Alloy oil cap

Engine:-
Had Hartge 210 BHP conversion performed by Birds Engineering at 4000 miles, but now replaced with:-
BBR 240 engine conversion performed at 18000 miles
Gas flowed cylinder head, port and polish including inlet and exhaust manifold, sports cam, cosworth idler, K&N panel filter, reduced pulley and ECU remapped
M style spirit 4 outlet exhaust system (supplied and fitted by Birds Engineering)

ICE:-
(mostly fitted by mikeythemini and is shown on his website)
Pioneer motorised head unit (AVHP6400CD)
Pioneer AVIC 8 CD based sat nav
Pioneer TV Tuner
Wired for Sony Playstation 2 (sits on passenger shelf)
Kenwood 10 disc DVD/VCD/MP3 changer in boot
Subwoofer (not sure of size, lol, may be 10 or 12)
Kenwood 5 channel amp (custom install in boot)
TV Screens in head rests (infra red control with head sets)
Remote channel changers for screens
Alpine replacement speakers all round

Interior:-
MINI gauges, under toggle switch, battery and oil temp
Aluminium tax disc holder
Aluminium pedals

MINI Accessories:-
I can’t remember all in the chilli pack, but, no sun roof or factory sat nav
Chilli Pack
Xenons
Heated washer and mirrors
Heated seats, full black leather
First aid kit and triangle
Mini mobility kit, tyre inflator etc
MFSW inc cruise control
Auto Air Con
Heated front screen
ETC ETC ETC

Other notes:-
As you can tell from the service intervals, I do not thrash the car and have looked after it as much as possible.
I may well have missed some things in the MINI specs, if you ask me if something is included i will remember it

ACF
24th August 2004, 06:34 PM
Wow! What a list of mods. Must be hell of a car to drive.

A bit to much for me I'm afraid. (I couldn't imagine what it would be like, phoning up an insurance company to get a quote for insurance with a list of those mods.)

My wife thinks all MINI's are the same, so I think I could manage to sneak a Cooper passed her, but I think she might be a bit suspicious if I turn up in this car, but I think it would help convert her away from her beloved 'Ka'.

Sorry but I'll have to give it a miss I'm afraid.
Thanks anyway for the speedy reply.

Gismo
24th August 2004, 06:38 PM
No worries :D

Anyone else :p

Julz
24th August 2004, 08:09 PM
I'm still trying to convince Rob that your car would suit him nicely, but he's not falling for it, all I get in response is "black Turbo 2" in a huffy type of grumble...:evil:

Smurf
24th August 2004, 08:57 PM
I'm planning on changing mine next year sometime. How long do you want to wait!? :D

Just for your information anyway:-
October 2002 MINI Cooper
Chili pack
CD player
ASC&T
Indi Blue
Black roof and mirrors
16" 5 spoke star alloys
Twin silver stripes with narrow pinstripe round the edge (NOT standard BMW ones) over the bonnet, roof and boot.
Just turned 20K miles
TLC package (around 5K miles to go to second service)
Good tread on tyres.

Sensible offers.

No doubt I've forgotten lots of stuff, but you can click on my login name and send me an e-mail.

:D

minidriver#1
24th August 2004, 09:19 PM
i know of a cooper available for sale immediately that i think you'd like. email me a phone number and i'll pass it onto her.

Cheers.

DNV122
25th August 2004, 03:48 AM
My Indi Blue Cooper S is up for grabs if you want - just put a new set of front tyres on it tonight !

Let me know for more details

Sheilz
25th August 2004, 07:50 AM
quote:Originally posted by DNV122

My Indi Blue Cooper S is up for grabs if you want - just put a new set of front tyres on it tonight !

Are you getting another coop?
:D:D:D

ACF
25th August 2004, 01:56 PM
quote:Originally posted by Smurf

I'm planning on changing mine next year sometime. How long do you want to wait!? :D

Sounds interesting, but I don't I can wait that long.

I'll have to have it before we get our new house, or my wife will want the money for a new kitchen/carpets/bathroom suite/ etc. etc.

DNV122
26th August 2004, 06:07 AM
Sheilz - of the offer is good, yes and then I have to save up for a JCW kit !

Sheilz
26th August 2004, 08:50 AM

Have you planned what your new car will be like? When I was deciding on Eck's spec(K), Catriona (6) and myself had great fun planning what colour combos we'd have on the seven MINIS we would buy when (note when not if!!) I win the lottery. Stuff the flash git cars, we just want a different MINI for everyday of the week. When we did go to collect Eck she was anxiously looking around for the other six! Reminded her dad that if the lottery doesn't materialize he will have to fork out the readies for them since, as he knows from my work, children disappointed by their parents can suffer such profound psychological distress. I think I detected a slight note of insincerity in his voice when he said 'Of course dearest'. Insincerity is an awful thing!

ACF
26th August 2004, 02:18 PM

Could I have some more details, (of the MINI, not the tyres) please:)

Smurf
26th August 2004, 09:20 PM
quote:Originally posted by Sheilz

Have you planned what your new car will be like? When I was deciding on Eck's spec(K), Catriona (6) and myself had great fun planning what colour combos we'd have on the seven MINIS we would buy when (note when not if!!) I win the lottery.

I'm not planning on changing mine till next year sometime, and I'm on to my second choice of colours already!! Can't make up my mind.....
:D

Sheilz
26th August 2004, 10:27 PM
its great fun though!

DNV122
29th August 2004, 05:01 AM
ACF,

My MCS is Jan 03, just under 9k miles, Indi Blue, with same coloured roof, and has a big spec : Full Chilli Pack (Xenons, 17" S Lites etc), ASC&T, Climate Control, Visibility Pack (Heated front screen / auto dipping rear view mirror), Single Boost CD, Trip Computer, Aux Gauges, Chrome exterior (mirror caps/grille/boot handle), Tinted Windows, Dark Grey/Lapis Blue half leather sport seats Anthracite Dash, with brand new Pirellis on the front. Easy to insure (no engine mods !).

Let me know if this is what you are after - it's a bit of a nice motor.