PDA

View Full Version : To buy or not to buy a countryman

Mrs dee
13th January 2014, 03:58 PM
Hi all have a juke with all the bits incl premium pack, had it since newish but there are so many in my area it's actually bugging me lol, four neighbours have bought one.
However , it's hard to beat in terms of comfort, gadgets etc for the money and if I'm gonna change then it needs to be for something head turning ! As the countryman has always been a secret love haha, then I'm seriously looking now.
At the mo I've got petrol which gets me 35mpg, so thought I'd look at diesel as forums I've read seem to say the petrol countrymans are pretty bad on fuel -

I also have option of all4 or not. So looking at cooper d versions.
I have always had 4x4 before the juke , such as vitara and two rav4 so don't know if there's that wee thing in me that wants a 4wd just because and not really cause I need it :/. Help guys n gals who's got one, what's your opinion, positives, negatives
Luv mrs Dee

Gismo
13th January 2014, 04:06 PM
I had the Cooper S All4, great car and served my purpose well, really depends on what you want from the car, for example, do you need all the space compared to a hatch?
I found the Cooper sluggish, never driven the Diesel, but folks will be along shortly to advise.

New models due out mid March as well, so, you could be further tempted there

KenL
13th January 2014, 05:54 PM
I have had a Cooper and an S as a lone car.
Even the normal Cooper is quite a bit worse on fuel than my Cooper hatch.
S has good performance though also poor fuel economy.

Even though I have not driven it, the diesel seems like a good option.

ps I like the Juke

Craig
13th January 2014, 05:56 PM
I've got a Cooper D All4 Countryman. Its so comfortable to drive and loads of space. I went down to Stafford and back and got 50mpg. Around town I get 40mpg. You can have as little or as many toys as you want so that's up to you. Its Defo bigger inside than the juke :)

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

N16SHP
13th January 2014, 06:15 PM
Hello. I have a Countryman Cooper and my family love it.

Here is what I said last year after having it for a few months:

Well we've had the Countryman for nearly 2 months and really loving it. No pictures to up date, it still looks the same, but thought I'd give my thoughts of how we are getting on.

The actually size of the Countryman is perfect for us. We are 2 weeks away from having a little one with us in the car and the boot is the perfect size for getting the pram in with a little shopping. The space and driving position in the cabin is also much better (around town) than the hatch. We've been up and down to Glasgow a couple of times and it seems really comfortable on long journeys. My only moans so far is the fuel consumption and also the performance at speed. Around town, the Cooper is perfect, plenty squirt around town for changing lanes and pulling out at roundabouts, but on the motorway its pretty poor. I know it's tough to compare it against a Cooper S with a turbo, but when pulling out into gaps on the motorway to move around slower cars you either have to drop to 4th from 6th or plant it early on and time your move to perfection. We are also averaging 31/32 mpg on longer journeys although I think this could be higher if you drove like a saint.

All in all, really loving our Countryman.

Mrs dee
14th January 2014, 06:20 PM
Hey all thanks for the comments - still looking :)

Mrs dee
22nd January 2014, 01:36 PM
Hey all I'm picking up my car 1st feb :) countryman cooper sd in blazing red n black - black alloys , 6 mth old , 4000 miles - can't wait - thanks for the advice x

Craig
22nd January 2014, 02:06 PM
Woo hoo !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gauldrymini
22nd January 2014, 02:09 PM
...you will like the CM :thumbs up:

N16SHP
22nd January 2014, 04:45 PM
Great news, and sounds like a great car! Looking forward to seeing it.

Gismo
22nd January 2014, 05:30 PM
Nice one, enjoy when it arrives

stoney
22nd January 2014, 05:44 PM
Hey all I'm picking up my car 1st feb :) countryman cooper sd in blazing red n black - black alloys , 6 mth old , 4000 miles - can't wait - thanks for the advice x

Good stuff enjoy

EcosseGP
22nd January 2014, 06:14 PM
Oh that sounds like a great buy ... It'll be sleepless nights for a couple of weeks ;)

mini mad andy
22nd January 2014, 07:52 PM
Sounds like a nice CM, not long until you can enjoy it.

Cheers :beer:.

Andy

MINI William
22nd January 2014, 09:05 PM
Good news. We loved our Countrymans. Look forward to seeing it about Edinburgh.

RobSco
22nd January 2014, 09:23 PM
Great News... :thumbs up: ...Looking forward to seeing the Photos... :camera: ...Roll on a week on Saturday says you... :excited:

Dave
22nd January 2014, 09:55 PM
Was about to come on this and just type "do it, do it, do it!" but you've done it:-) had mine a month and absolutely love it. Looked at SD however I only do about 6000 miles a year so went for the S. You'll love it when it arrives, waiting is the worst part!

KenL
22nd January 2014, 11:07 PM
Sounds great.

illegalhunter
22nd January 2014, 11:48 PM
Hi there I came from a juke tekna to a countryman sd . I loved my juke , but was pulled to a great deal on a SD all4

Mrs dee
26th January 2014, 01:45 AM
7 sleeps :) Hi all , sorry if this has been asked :( ........ But as I've said already I'm picking up ( if my private reg transfer has come back on time ) my sd red countryman next Saturday , yipeeeeee....... Sadly it doesn't have any packs, cause the ones that had packs were too expensive (I'm buying not leasing), so instead of a cooper d with a pack I decided on a cooper sd with no pack. Just love the look of the sd. Anywayyyssss what on earth is basic Bluetooth. Coming from a juke lol with touchscreen sat nav and Bluetooth I've no idea what basic means.
So can I just connect my phone via Bluetooth as you would in any car, but obv I need to answer phone thru the actual phone and make calls via the actual phone..... Or doe it need to work thru a cable. Sorry if this sounds daft but it does say basic Bluetooth with USB .... I'm a tad confused lol. Also the aux connection, i take it a standard cable that I have at the mo for the juke aux to plug in my ipod for music will work the same in the aux connection in the mini? Appreciate I won't have tracks etc on screen like now or names from phone.... Help a silly woman lol :laugh: ..... Ps I'm not in Edinburgh lol, Glasgow x

Angib
26th January 2014, 12:40 PM
With basic bluetooth you don't touch your phone but do everything through the car audio controls - or through the steering wheel buttons, though a pack-less car probably won't have those.

Not sure about aux connection - I've gone to a USB stick left plugged into the car, so everything is always there.

RobSco
27th January 2014, 01:39 AM
So can I just connect my phone via Bluetooth as you would in any car, but obv I need to answer phone thru the actual phone and make calls via the actual phone..... Or doe it need to work thru a cable. Sorry if this sounds daft but it does say basic Bluetooth with USB .... I'm a tad confused lol. Also the aux connection, i take it a standard cable that I have at the mo for the juke aux to plug in my ipod for music will work the same in the aux connection in the mini? Appreciate I won't have tracks etc on screen like now or names from phone.... Help a silly woman lol :laugh: ..... Ps I'm not in Edinburgh lol, Glasgow x

You might find some of your answers here if you haven't already done so... :yes nod: ... http://www.mini.com/connectivity/ ...Hope this helps you in some way... :thumbs up:

Eddie_JCW
27th January 2014, 06:37 AM
Hi I'm sure basic Bluetooth means you can have calls over it but not music you'd have to play that via a USB Y cable or aux line in. Your car will either have a button on the head unit or on the steering wheel to take a call.

Ps the car sounds great I hope you enjoy it.

Mrs dee
27th January 2014, 04:43 PM
Thank you !!