PDA

View Full Version : SMTP Port iPhone 5

Gismo
8th January 2014, 07:46 PM
Ok, fed up having problems with errors on my iPhone 5S with mail.
Just happened overnight about 4 weeks ago and thought it was a glitch while i was in Uganda, but nope, i can send and receive e-mails, but, i continually get an error as shown, given that i have 10 e-mail accounts linked to my phone i have to physically press the ok button 10 times every time i check for e-mails.

I've contacted Apple and my ISP and they both blame each other.

I've noticed that the SMTP port setting is 25, which is normal, but, i want to try setting it to 587, this works and gets verified but when i check it again it reverts to 25, is there anyway to manually set the SMTP port to 587 and for it to actually stay at that value.

It's daein ma heed in ya ken :ragin:

AndyP & Lenore
9th January 2014, 12:35 AM
If it's not a stupid question, why do you want to change the port to 587?

Gismo
9th January 2014, 01:43 AM
If it's not a stupid question, why do you want to change the port to 587?Because 25 isn't working and the server folk said to try it

AndyP & Lenore
11th January 2014, 01:53 PM
I wish I had some words of wisdom for you. :(

Only thing I can think of is backing up your iphone, restoring the device completely back to factory then restoring from the backup. Can't remember if there's an option or not, but tell it NOT to back up your email settings. Then manually reinsert all your email settings. PITA, yes, but if it's fixes the issue... :idunno:

Gismo
11th January 2014, 04:45 PM
I wish I had some words of wisdom for you. :(

Only thing I can think of is backing up your iphone, restoring the device completely back to factory then restoring from the backup. Can't remember if there's an option or not, but tell it NOT to back up your email settings. Then manually reinsert all your email settings. PITA, yes, but if it's fixes the issue... :idunno:Cheers Andy, tried that about 6 times, works fine for about 10 minutes and then reverts back to the error again, Apple blame my ISP, my ISP blames the network carrier and they blame the ISP, no win situation for me :ragin:

AndyP & Lenore
13th January 2014, 09:40 PM
:ragin::ragin::idunno::idunno::argh::argh: