PDA

View Full Version : Suspension or exhaust

Cooper S Scott
4th January 2014, 02:39 AM
Hi guys
Just testing the water to see if any 1 has any suspension kits or stainless steel exhaust systems that they no longer want for 02 plate cooper s
Been thinking about lowering and adding a few mods but before I buy brand new just thought I would test the water
Couldn't tell u what r it's it
R51 r 52 I don't know u guys will know better than me
Not had it that long and it's a second car
My toy so just fancy getting some subtle upgrades :)
Ow yea or any cold air induction kits aswell
Cheers guys
Scott

Mon the fish
4th January 2014, 09:30 AM
Are you still on the original dampers? Lowering springs on old dampers are borderline dangerous - get coils. APs/BCs are not dear.

Also, bear in mind that 02 cars have different top mounts (I think) - definitely something 02-specific about the front suspension

- - - Updated - - -

And to answer your other questions:

CAI - DaveF or de-flapped JCW
Exhaust - have a look at youtube vids to find a sound you like. I run Janspeed mani, stock cat, and JCW cat-back. Subtle when cruising, louder at WOT. Millteks are popular, Borla get a good rep, have a look about
Pulley is pretty much essential for an R53

But I would sort your suspension and brakes before chasing power. Bushes, balljoints etc will be tired if they're 12 years old

Gismo
4th January 2014, 02:01 PM
What Mon says, you've got an R53 :thumbs up:

ELFMAN
4th January 2014, 02:38 PM
I had the Playmini System and Manifold with Sports Cat... as Ali said, sounded the business, but it wasn't subtle! :smilewinkgrin:
That was on the JCW 210 upgrade and GRS 'Cooler as well, but the sound should still be good on a stock R53 :thumbs up:

stoney
4th January 2014, 04:52 PM
Janspeed or obx manifold and BC or AP coilovers i am running BC BR coilovers and love them tbh

Speak tonRich at orranje performance he will sort you out

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_212 using Tapatalk

Crombers
4th January 2014, 05:47 PM
Yup as Mon says (waaaaaaay above my head lol) & nope I ain't selling/removing my (Elfmans old) Playmini manifold :smilewinkgrin:

Also run about with a Playmini back box which was & still is the best mod for an R50 Cooper :yes nod: