PDA

View Full Version : VES Motorsport

EcosseGP
21st December 2013, 07:55 PM
VES Motorsport , Braco

Anyone used these for any work they've had done on their MINI ?

At 8000rpm no-one hears you scream !

djlow1969
23rd January 2014, 03:59 PM
I have used them in the past on a x5 and OMG what this man can do is just great booked in at the weekend to get my mcs seen to ie new software and a remap can not wait if my x5 was anything to go by power power power 240bhp form 175 standard

EcosseGP
23rd January 2014, 04:25 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing the results as I want him to do my GP and depending on your results I might try and sell a kidney to get the S done too ;)

djlow1969
25th January 2014, 02:07 PM
just back from VES SPORT software updated and going back on Tuesday to get the map done was there for 3 hours ie software from bmw then to ves and then on car then off car to ves sport as he wanted to save my old software just in case I want to put it back to standard why I do not know he is just amazing yours david ps he said that I would notice a diff when done lol 220bhp-235bhp great

simonfr
25th January 2014, 02:35 PM
What's the cost for an extra 15 ponies?

Gismo
25th January 2014, 05:07 PM
What's the cost for an extra 15 ponies?Pretty sure his car is a standard S, so, 175BHP from the factory

djlow1969
25th January 2014, 08:55 PM
ye standard but not for long extra 45 ponies

simonfr
26th January 2014, 03:17 PM
Lol. Totally mis-read that as I thought he was going from 220 to 230 bhp ...... 45 should certainly be a noticeable improvement, though not convinced these cars really need it (IMHO).

EcosseGP
26th January 2014, 06:56 PM
I don't understand why the update can't be done straight away ?
Why do you gave to go back ?

stoney
26th January 2014, 07:43 PM
Pretty sure his car is a standard S, so, 175BHP from the factory

Yes but most of them hit around 190/200 BHP when put on the rollers

djlow1969
26th January 2014, 09:30 PM
it takes him a couple of days to sort the update and ecu up ,,,,stoney it going on the roller when the map is in but he showed me what I am meant to get and it is between 220-240 bhp and this man now's what he is talking about as he make all the software for all the big companys have a look on his facebook page ves sport

stoney
26th January 2014, 09:38 PM
I under stand that but what I am saying is most S make 190/200bhp from the factory although mini say 175 BHP ;)

djlow1969
28th January 2014, 07:34 PM
Just come back from Ves Sport and job a good one thank Grant 228Bhp but only get the extra when I press the sport button as this is what I wanted as I would not like the wife and the kids speeding around when I am away also got a 2013 bmw update done what that intails I do not know lol but the car is running much better

stoney
28th January 2014, 08:45 PM
Good stuff glad your happy give it a month or so to adapt and it will get better that's what i found with mine any way 👍

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_212 using Tapatalk

djlow1969
29th January 2014, 12:01 PM
I am sure you are right Stoney already looking at brakes lol

Mon the fish
29th January 2014, 02:24 PM
Put up the dyno graph, be good to see before/after

djlow1969
29th January 2014, 10:36 PM
sorry did not go on the rolling road just download,update and play as he is the main man at this

minibob
30th January 2014, 12:24 AM
This place is right down the road how the hell did I not know about it lol I might pop in with mine see what he says. Just wondering out of interest where do you get 228 bhp from??? If you didn't go on the rollers im not being funny im just asking

Mon the fish
30th January 2014, 06:52 AM
This place is right down the road how the hell did I not know about it lol I might pop in with mine see what he says. Just wondering out of interest where do you get 228 bhp from??? If you didn't go on the rollers im not being funny im just asking

^^ This. Without proper before and after figures, you have no idea where the car was, and where it is now

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Sideways Steve
30th January 2014, 12:11 PM
If this guy is as good as people say he is (which I have heard he really is from a reliable source I trust) and he writes his own maps then how does he manage to do so without putting the car on the rolling road and measuring afr's ?

Generally if the car is not put on the rollers it's not a custom map and just a generic one essentially like my superchips stage 2 map and that's usually reflected in the price.

Did you just get a generic cooper s remap or a full custom one to suit your car specifically ?

djlow1969
30th January 2014, 12:52 PM
hi there I got a full custom one to suit my cars needs and he takes a copy of your software and a copy of your ecu and does his magic on the computer and you get a 2013 updated software and the ecu mapped the they way you want it ie fuel saving,power and fuel saving or just raw power at the puch of a sport button or on all the time it is up to you what you want I will be going on the rolling road when I have got my exhaust and air induction swapped

Mon the fish
30th January 2014, 01:58 PM
If this guy is as good as people say he is (which I have heard he really is from a reliable source I trust) and he writes his own maps then how does he manage to do so without putting the car on the rolling road and measuring afr's ?

Generally if the car is not put on the rollers it's not a custom map and just a generic one essentially like my superchips stage 2 map and that's usually reflected in the price.

Did you just get a generic cooper s remap or a full custom one to suit your car specifically ?

And this is why I went to 1320 for mine. Dyno before & after, with AFRs logged throughout, and a print-out showing before & after.

Without this, it's just a generic canned tune, not custom to the engine, as each engine is slightly different

Sideways Steve
30th January 2014, 01:59 PM
I think where the confusion lies is that to get a true custom map which truly meets your specific cars needs it would need to be done live on the rolling road so that the afrs can be monitored and fuelling/timing adjusted accordingly. If your car didn't get put on the rolling road, What I think you have had done would be better described as being a tailored ecu flash which is a generic proven remap file which has been loaded on in such a way that it is activated through your sport button as you requested so it does have an element of customisation.

I could be wrong but that's just my thoughts from my own mapping experiences as I don't see how he could simply adjust the map file without the car present and live afr's etc being monitored as things are adjusted. I used to remap my own cars and would typically take a generic proven file, run the car and log the afr's and injector duty, timing, knock levels etc then take the file and adjust it a bit then repeat the process until I got the figures I was looking for.

Mon the fish
30th January 2014, 05:42 PM
I'd also strongly agree with this statement, I have seen some cars that drove amazingly after a proper custom map but then the owners were disappointed due to the bhp figure. I then saw the same car then get remapped for a power figure to keep the owner happy and it drove so badly that in the real world it was actually slower from point a to point b !!

People forget that it's not just about bhp figures. It's about good smooth strong useable power.A good example was when I had a 643bhp skyline gtr but my 400bhp Evo was a quicker car on the road purely because you could actually use the power.

- - - Updated - - -

Where I do have a concern for people is in the cost involved, typically a true custom map will be far more expensive than a generic ecu flash mainly because of the time it takes to rr the car and make the changes.

If a tuner is loading on a file to an ecu then charging full whack saying it's a totally custom map then that's really not on as far as I'm concerned. It's totally dishonest and takes advantage of people who really don't fully understand what's being done to their car.

To put it in monetary terms my stage 2 superchips ecu flash (a generic map file) cost £180 but if is had a completely custom remap with rr session I'd normally be looking at closer to £500

Without knowing what this VES remap actually cost this is all speculation though but I think what I'm trying to say to people is please just be aware of the true differences between a custom tune and a more commonplace ecu flash or "chip tune" as it would be all to easy to be overcharged.

All spot on. My custom tune for the R53, with cam and bigger injectors, was £1k.

An ecu flash is not a custom tune. I have a canned Evolve map on the 530d, which suits me fine. In no way would I say it was custom for my specific car, nor would I claim bhp figures for it as it's not been on a rr nor will it ever be.

EcosseGP
30th January 2014, 07:18 PM
Very interesting reading as I was expecting to have mine RR prior to anything being done as a bench figure like folk have stated. I further expected a RR run after the remap had been done to check that the car was set up properly and if this is not the case then I'll need to reconsider my plans. I'll speak to Grant first though and see what the story is ...

djlow1969
19th February 2014, 06:51 PM
what did Grant say to you MINIIGP

EcosseGP
19th February 2014, 08:50 PM
I've not been up to see him yet ... Not be heading up until start of March as car is needing MOTd first.