PDA

View Full Version : Weekend fun 8/9/10th of August 2014 factory toor and mini in the park

stoney
2nd December 2013, 10:33 PM
mini in the park at Santa pod

Hotel

Wellingborough (MITP) 9th August
http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/WELDOG/wellingborough?cmp=KNC_D_BND&mckv=sbZjJxCv4_dt%7Cpcrid%7C34372972059%7Ckword%7C premier%20inn%20wellingborough%7Cmatch%7Ce%7Cplid% 7C

MITP is on the Sunday

Runner and riders
1. Rob & Christine (hotels booked) paid
2. Craig & Jude (hotels booked ) paid
3.Eddie & Rachael paid
4.Jonnie and mags paid
5. Paul jcw (friend of friend) paid
6. Steve and Gill Paid
7. Eddie + 1 paid
8. William and Brian
9. Andrew Paid
10. Davie pal (if he gets his mini )

Reserve list

Craig
2nd December 2013, 10:48 PM
I've booked the 2 hotels also as they can be cancelled up to 1pm on day of arrival. The Wellingborough hotel will get booked up due to its close proximity to Santa Pod. You have been warned :)

stoney
2nd December 2013, 11:05 PM
I've booked the 2 hotels also as they can be cancelled up to 1pm on day of arrival. The Wellingborough hotel will get booked up due to its close proximity to Santa Pod. You have been warned :)

Yep me 2 :)

Mon the fish
2nd December 2013, 11:05 PM
Just to clarify - drive down and tour on the Friday, MITP all day Saturday, home Sunday?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

weefossy
2nd December 2013, 11:28 PM
As I thought on Sunday, Sioban and I will be in Lyon at a music / dance festival with "Absolutely Legless". What a bummer, I think it will be the first Oxford trip we have missed.
It will be a great run though, well worth the trip down south.

Craig
3rd December 2013, 12:13 AM
Just to clarify - drive down and tour on the Friday, MITP all day Saturday, home Sunday?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Hoping to do the tour on Sat morning but at the moment they are stating only Mon to Fri tours. MITP show is Sunday. Think there is a band etc on Sat night

Craig
3rd December 2013, 12:14 AM
As I thought on Sunday, Sioban and I will be in Lyon at a music / dance festival with "Absolutely Legless". What a bummer, I think it will be the first Oxford trip we have missed.
It will be a great run though, well worth the trip down south.

Yeah that's a shame Malcolm :(

AndyP & Lenore
3rd December 2013, 07:15 AM
Not sure if they have changed their procedure, but last time I organised a factory tour I couldn't book until 3 months before and they no longer do Friday afternoon or evening or a Saturday morning tour. Made it all very inconvenient for everyone.

Not sure if we can get away from work that weekend. Will check the calendar when we're back to work on Sarurday.

stoney
3rd December 2013, 07:50 AM
Tour is NOT booked yet as andy said think its only Monday -Friday and we can not book till 3month before we are going to talk to the factory and see what they come up with

MITP is the Sunday we would be traveling across on the sat it's only 60m across from oxford

EcosseGP
3rd December 2013, 09:53 PM
I'm booked for the Premier Inn for the Saturday night folks .. Think I'll be giving the factory tour a miss as there may well be go karting with the GPUKOC arranged. Can't stop down until Wednesday as I've a wedding on Tuesday ! If things change I'll let you know ;)

At 8000rpm no-one hears you scream !

Craig
3rd December 2013, 09:56 PM
I'm booked for the Premier Inn for the Saturday night folks .. Think I'll be giving the factory tour a miss as there may well be go karting with the GPUKOC arranged. Can't stop down until Wednesday as I've a wedding on Tuesday ! If things change I'll let you know ;)

The tour won't be on the Sat so you'll still be able to do the karting. I'll prob go for a look (and a laugh) ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

CiderFex
4th December 2013, 12:48 PM
I'm still looking for a decent karting track for Saturday.
ALL N.M.S. members are more than welcome to join us, the more the merrier.
I'll keep looking and let you know the track choices.

Pete

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

EcosseGP
4th December 2013, 06:32 PM
^^ on it as always I see Pete ;);) maybe an afternoon in the pub would be less strenuous for us ;)

stoney
4th December 2013, 07:17 PM
I'm still looking for a decent karting track for Saturday.
ALL N.M.S. members are more than welcome to join us, the more the merrier.
I'll keep looking and let you know the track choices.

Pete

Let me know I could be up for this :)

CiderFex
4th December 2013, 07:26 PM
No probs Rob.
:D:thumbs up:

CiderFex
4th December 2013, 07:27 PM
^^ on it as always I see Pete ;);) maybe an afternoon in the pub would be less strenuous for us ;)

Karting AND Pub.
It's the future Davy, trust me.:D

stoney
15th December 2013, 12:06 PM
Any more for this even just the Santa pod bit on the Sunday well worth the trip a good weekend

Eddie_JCW
15th December 2013, 01:36 PM
Myself and Rachael will be up for this :)

jonnie
17th December 2013, 05:36 PM
Could be up for this. Really interested in the tour.

noise is worth bhp

MINI William
1st January 2014, 01:40 PM
We're a possible

Sideways Steve
14th January 2014, 08:03 PM
I think Gill and I could be interested in this, just need to arrange someone to look after our Husky for the weekend then I can confirm for sure and get hotels booked if its still going ahead !

stoney
14th January 2014, 09:15 PM
Hi Steve we will defo be at mini in the park not 100% on the bmw tour just yet as we can not book it
I also have to arrange baby sitter for my dog and baby (not here yet lol )

EcosseGP
14th January 2014, 09:26 PM
It's a cracking day out but just goes too quick !!

Sideways Steve
14th January 2014, 10:34 PM
Hi Steve we will defo be at mini in the park not 100% on the bmw tour just yet as we can not book it
I also have to arrange baby sitter for my dog and baby (not here yet lol )

well we were planning on heading to MITP anyway this year so makes sense to go with a club and do the tour as well if it does go ahead ! :)

Duncan Stewart
17th January 2014, 08:59 PM
Not free that weekend so can't make it. Have a good time

stoney
11th February 2014, 07:01 PM
Hi guys and girls I need to book the Club stand for MITP so need numbers and payment of £8 per person PLEASE ( check or bank transfer or pay pal gift ) ASAP so i can get it booked :smilewinkgrin::thumbs up:

Also

i have been informed that the factory wont be doing tours for the foreseeable future so we will have to cancel that part BUT we could do some thing like

Heritage Motor center Gaydon (http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/)

Craig
11th February 2014, 10:34 PM
Yeah Gaydon is great not done it in a few years so worth a look. Pm me your sort code and acc no Rob and I'll get you paid :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

stoney
12th February 2014, 09:02 AM
PM sent to all on list :thumbs up:

Craig
12th February 2014, 11:24 AM
Cash sent :thumbs up:

Eddie_JCW
12th February 2014, 08:52 PM
Also paid ;)

stoney
12th February 2014, 09:36 PM
Received both thank you

stoney
15th February 2014, 09:31 AM
Thanks Jonnie payment received ;)

jonnie
15th February 2014, 09:34 AM
looking forward to this, anyone recommend a hotel nearby for the sat and sunday night?

stoney
15th February 2014, 09:45 AM
Hotel

Wellingborough (MITP) 9th August

http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/WELDOG/wellingborough?cmp=KNC_D_BND&mckv=sbZjJxCv4_dt%7Cp crid%7C34372972059%7Ckword%7Cpremier%20inn%20welli ngborough%7Cmatch%7Ce%7Cplid%7C

jonnie
Sorry just reread first post. Booked for the sat and sun nights.

stoney
This is where most of us are staying we stayed there last year and it's not bad and a pub across the road ;)

stoney
15th February 2014, 09:46 AM
Sorry just reread first post. Booked for the sat and sun nights.

:lol: that's the kind of thing I do lol

Craig
15th February 2014, 11:25 AM
Right, as the factory tours look like they won't be on during August, are w still looking as this as a plan ?

Drive down Fri, stay at Premier Inn Oxford
Sat, maybe go to Gaydon Motor Museum and Karting with GPUK Owners, stay at Premier Inn Wellingborough.
Sun, attend MITP and then drive home thereafter (normally finishes by 5pm)

That sound about right Rob ?

jonnie
15th February 2014, 03:51 PM
Are most people driving down fri or sat? Planning on early sat am to be there for about lunchtime.

stoney
15th February 2014, 06:55 PM
Not 100% get tbh thinking fri and going Gaydon but think it will just be MITP possibly karting on the sat afternoon with GPUK

Craig
15th February 2014, 06:57 PM
Thought MITP was Sunday Rob ?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

stoney
15th February 2014, 06:59 PM
It is I was meaning drive down fri night or sat morning and then go karting sat and MITP sun

Craig
15th February 2014, 07:00 PM
Ah right OK, missed that bit.. What's peoples thoughts then?

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Sideways Steve
26th February 2014, 09:26 PM
Im happy to do whatever suits everyone else ! :)

stoney
1st March 2014, 03:33 PM
That's NEW MINI SCOTLAND booked there club stand we can still book more places up till a week before the event :)

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_212 using Tapatalk

Craig
5th March 2014, 03:34 PM
I'm thinking of cancelling my room in Oxford on the Friday night as there doesn't look to be any chance of a factory tour so it looks like just MITP. Thinking best to drive down on Sat morning and meet up the the GP gang if their doing their karting. Prob come back up the road on Sunday after the show... Anyone anymore thoughts ?

MINI William
5th March 2014, 04:17 PM
Prob the best idea. I'm still seeing if I can get the time off. Should know soon. Sadly there is no talk yet of the factory opening for tours yet

Craig
5th March 2014, 04:36 PM
Yeah - may work out somewhere else to stay on the fri but trying to keep costs down :)

jonnie
5th March 2014, 06:35 PM
Driving down sat am hope to see a few of you on the way.

stoney
5th March 2014, 09:36 PM
I'm thinking of cancelling my room in Oxford on the Friday night as there doesn't look to be any chance of a factory tour so it looks like just MITP. Thinking best to drive down on Sat morning and meet up the the GP gang if their doing their karting. Prob come back up the road on Sunday after the show... Anyone anymore thoughts ?

We will be doing this as well I think

We can convoy down on the sat if you guys want we norm do this and it's some good banter on the radios

stoney
5th March 2014, 09:37 PM
Defo going to travel sat I think but then again my mom and dad are baby sitting for the whole weekend :lol:

CiderFex
22nd May 2014, 06:47 AM
I have mentioned before about organising a possible NMS & GPUKOC karting event on Saturday afternoon but the prices for karting around Northampton and Milton Keynes are coming in at £70 per person for an hour.

The karting idea has now been binned.

Sorry.
:(

stoney
22nd May 2014, 07:16 AM
I have mentioned before about organising a possible NMS & GPUKOC karting event on Saturday afternoon but the prices for karting around Northampton and Milton Keynes are coming in at £70 per person for an hour.

The karting idea has now been binned.

Sorry.

no problem Pete that's a hell of a lot of dosh just for an hour !!

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_212 using Tapatalk

CiderFex
22nd May 2014, 07:36 AM
Y'up, that's what I thought Rob.
:mad:

Craig
22nd May 2014, 07:59 AM
No bother Pete. That's mega expensive for karting, but I'd just spectate anyway as my ballast makes it impossible for me to be competitive ! :lol:

More time to sit around and chat over a cold one :) (after the cars are cleaned that is) :lol:

EcosseGP
22nd May 2014, 08:51 AM
Yeah that seems very expensive for an hours carnage .. We can spend that at the bar instead :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CiderFex
22nd May 2014, 09:51 AM
Great minds think alike.
:cool:
That now means I'll be able to have two bottles of Bulmers instead of the one that I had budgeted for.
;)

MINI William
11th June 2014, 08:49 PM
Here you go Eddie

Eddie
11th June 2014, 11:26 PM
Right what do I need to do to come to this.?? And are folk just booking sat night for this also or ??

CiderFex
12th June 2014, 11:43 AM
They still have rooms available where most of NMS & GPUKOC are staying Eddie.....

http://www.premierinn.com/en/hotel/WELDOG/wellingborough?cmp=KNC_D_BND&mckv=sbZjJxCv4_dt%7Cpcrid%7C34372972059%7Ckword%7C premier%20inn%20wellingborough%7Cmatch%7Ce%7Cplid% 7C

Book now and pay when you get there.
:)

Eddie
12th June 2014, 12:18 PM
Will do thanks. Is it just sat we are staying. N what bout tickets for event

Eddie
12th June 2014, 12:41 PM
That me reserved hotel for sat night

CiderFex
12th June 2014, 01:01 PM
Good news.

I'm not too sure what is happening with the NMS tickets Eddie.

It looks like Rob or Craig have sorted them out.

Here's the number for Exchange Events if you want to give them a call and order your ticket/s and stand pass, just tell them that you are with NMS when you call:

01775 723 723

I hope this helps and apologies if I've stepped on anyone's toes.

Craig
12th June 2014, 01:10 PM
It's Rob that was sorting out the stand for NMS and he's on holiday at the moment. Plenty time to sort when he's back. :)

Eddie
12th June 2014, 01:23 PM
Ok. So rob will sort that part out for me when he home. Thumbs up

MINI William
12th June 2014, 01:32 PM
Ok. So rob will sort that part out for me when he home. Thumbs up

He will. Plenty of time before August

CiderFex
12th June 2014, 02:16 PM
Thank you for clearing that up.

bry_mini
3rd July 2014, 08:47 PM
Thinking about going to mitp, drive down sat and camp.
Went to bugjam at santa pod last year with some mates and had a blast.

stoney
3rd July 2014, 09:47 PM
ok guys if you want tickets for this PM me ASAP and i will give you my pay pal and once i have the funds i will order your places and stand passes

EcosseGP
8th July 2014, 09:58 AM
Getting exciting ... I love this weekend !
Cake, MINIs, cake, banter ... and usually scorchio !!
If you've never been and own a MINI it's a must.
Come on ... join the party you'll not regret it !!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Eddie
8th July 2014, 10:40 AM

Eddie
21st July 2014, 01:26 PM
Not long till this now :)

jonnie
21st July 2014, 02:03 PM
Cant wait for this.

Craig
21st July 2014, 02:14 PM
Yeah it was a great laugh last year but like every show the time just disappears !!

Would be good to agree a route and timetable for the run down... Thoughts Rob?

CiderFex
21st July 2014, 02:17 PM
I'm really looking forward to this years M.I.T.P.
It'll be a scream from start to finish.

Neil - TXJ
21st July 2014, 02:19 PM
Rob - do you know the latest date is that I can say I can make it? Got a bit lost looking through the thread and is the plan down Saturday for MITP on the Sunday?

Craig
21st July 2014, 02:53 PM
Yeah Neil, the plan is to drive down to Wellingborough on the Sat, hoping to be there around 3pm (latest) so that we can get the cars washed etc and then relax with a couple of shandies and a meal

Early into the show on Sun morn and when it finishes (normally just around 5pm, travel back up the road home :)

Neil - TXJ
21st July 2014, 03:39 PM
Yeah Neil, the plan is to drive down to Wellingborough on the Sat, hoping to be there around 3pm (latest) so that we can get the cars washed etc and then relax with a couple of shandies and a meal

Early into the show on Sun morn and when it finishes (normally just around 5pm, travel back up the road home :)

Thanks Craig - can't confirm just yet just wondering when the latest I can register

stoney
21st July 2014, 05:33 PM

this and the latest i would say is about 2 weeks time going to order more tickets 2morow if i get chance !!

stoney
25th July 2014, 12:44 PM
Ok more tickets ordered today last chance for tickets for the club stand is next Friday !!

Thanks Stoney

stoney
27th July 2014, 07:35 AM
Tickets arrived yesterday for this 👍👍 please if you want to come and not booked a ticket you have till end of this week to let me know and pay me !!

stoney
27th July 2014, 07:38 AM
Also can every on confirm how meany people you will have in your car so I can make sure we have the correct amount of tickets ordered

Thanks Stoney

jonnie
27th July 2014, 07:56 AM
Me and Mags in one car Stoney. Cant wait for this.

Eddie
27th July 2014, 09:07 AM
Me plus 1

EcosseGP
27th July 2014, 08:23 PM
Rob .. Would it be possible to get an extra stand pass for this. My mate is hopefully collecting his R56 MINI all going well in the next week and says he'd be up for this if he can sort out collecting it.

EcosseGP
27th July 2014, 08:24 PM
I'll try and sort out the entrance ticket save any hassle :):)

DigitalLemming
27th July 2014, 08:32 PM
I know yesterday I said I couldn't to this, but the more I think about it the more I want to come!

Is everybody booked into the Premier Inn? Just looked and they've got no space left, so was wondering if folk where staying anywhere else before I make my mind up. :)

Eddie_JCW
27th July 2014, 08:36 PM
We've not booked anywhere yet either so we'll need to find somewhere too Andrew.

DigitalLemming
27th July 2014, 08:45 PM
We've not booked anywhere yet either so we'll need to find somewhere too Andrew.

I've found an Ibis about 2 miles from the Premier Inn which has rooms at £69 for the night http://www.ibis.com/gb/hotel-3164-ibis-wellingborough/index.shtml

Hmmm decisions, decisions.....

Eddie_JCW
27th July 2014, 09:01 PM
I've booked a room at the Ibis

EcosseGP
27th July 2014, 09:10 PM
Yeah that's a good hotel and the pub across the road from it is great. Only snag is it's right next door to a McDs so make sure you get a rear facing room. GPOC meeting there on the Sunday morning so you'll be safe for a run into the Pod. Mate looking to get his MINI collected for this too so I've told him to book here too ...

Eddie_JCW
27th July 2014, 09:11 PM
Cheers Davy :)

EcosseGP
27th July 2014, 09:15 PM
You'll need to look after him though Eddie he'll be a show virgin lol

DigitalLemming
27th July 2014, 09:22 PM
I've given in and booked at the Ibis as well :thumbs up: Can cancel up till 2 on the day just in case anything comes up.

Rob hope theres still room for one more - can you PM me ticket/payment info and I'll get it sorted :)

EcosseGP
27th July 2014, 09:40 PM
^^ I've stayed at the hotel a coupe of years and it's very handy think the Premier Inn is full at the mo.

Eddie_JCW
27th July 2014, 10:10 PM
Lol not a problem :)

Eddie_JCW
27th July 2014, 10:13 PM
I've given in and booked at the Ibis as well :thumbs up: Can cancel up till 2 on the day just in case anything comes up.

Rob hope theres still room for one more - can you PM me ticket/payment info and I'll get it sorted :)

Great to hear Andrew :)

Craig
27th July 2014, 10:18 PM
Well done chaps ;)

Great turn out by one of the best clubs In the country :)

Rob me and jude ;)

stoney
28th July 2014, 07:47 AM
PM sent with pay pal info 👍👍

stoney
28th July 2014, 10:21 AM
Any more for this come on it will be a good weekend lets put NMS on the map for this event

CiderFex
28th July 2014, 11:50 AM
This is gonna be a belter.

badwolf340
28th July 2014, 01:07 PM
Any more for this come on it will be a good weekend lets put NMS on the map for this event
Trying to find something out first

EcosseGP
28th July 2014, 02:47 PM
This is gonna be a belter.

Always is .. :):)

CiderFex
28th July 2014, 03:31 PM

Neil - TXJ
28th July 2014, 08:55 PM
Hi Rob. I won't be able to make this - folks have just confirmed their coming up that weekend.

stoney
28th July 2014, 09:03 PM
Hi Rob. I won't be able to make this - folks have just confirmed their coming up that weekend.

No bother thanks for letting me know ;)

stoney
30th July 2014, 12:39 PM
Ok guys last chance for tickets today I'm going to order more at about 15:30 so if you wish tickets I need paid before then !!

badwolf340
30th July 2014, 02:44 PM
Ok guys last chance for tickets today I'm going to order more at about 15:30 so if you wish tickets I need paid before then !!
Rob has william contacted you re tickets

MINI William
30th July 2014, 02:54 PM
I've text Rob. Just waiting on a text back for how to pay

stoney
30th July 2014, 04:32 PM
Sorted guys 👍👍

MINI William
30th July 2014, 07:13 PM
To stop any slagging this time the GP will be will be coming.

Eddie_JCW
30th July 2014, 07:28 PM
To stop any slagging this time the GP will be will be coming.

Were they all winding you up at the Mega Mini Meet? :lol:

MINI William
30th July 2014, 07:32 PM
Were they all winding you up at the Mega Mini Meet? :lol:

Taking the Pi$$ would be a better phrase :laugh:

stoney
30th July 2014, 07:38 PM
Lol what GP ?? Yours or your moms ??

cuddles
30th July 2014, 07:41 PM
Well it wnt be my GP as am nt going :p

MINI William
30th July 2014, 07:52 PM
Lol what GP ?? Yours or your moms ??

Will take mine out for once.

EcosseGP
30th July 2014, 08:26 PM
Taking the Pi$$ would be a better phrase :laugh:

Us take the p@@s that'd never happen !!!

badwolf340
30th July 2014, 08:58 PM
Us take the p@@s that'd never happen !!!

we would never do that....oh I think we did ...:moonie:

stoney
30th July 2014, 09:24 PM
I have 2 stand passes left for the show any one else want to come (you will still have to get tickets (£10 each ) as I have paid for the stand passes

Have to say this is a really good turn out so far for a Scottish club .

it will be NMS fist time at MITP so let's show them who we are and that we have a good selection of MINI's

So who is going on the drag strip then ??

jonnie
31st July 2014, 07:47 AM

Really want to but a bit paranoid what happens if something goes pop, getting home would suck.

Eddie
31st July 2014, 03:05 PM
I have 2 stand passes left for the show any one else want to come (you will still have to get tickets (£10 each ) as I have paid for the stand passes

Have to say this is a really good turn out so far for a Scottish club .

it will be NMS fist time at MITP so let's show them who we are and that we have a good selection of MINI's

Just try n stop me ha ha ha. Hopefully get newminiscotland high up on the top times. Looking for mid to high 12s at the pod.

ELFMAN
31st July 2014, 03:47 PM
Will take mine out for once.

Steady on William - it's a Family Show! :hand: :blush:
I'd love to have a go up the Drag Strip, but I keep falling off my high Heels... :frown:
Hope you all have a great time - plenty of photos and Timing Slips please :thumbs up:

Eddie
2nd August 2014, 10:23 AM
Canny wait for this. :)

badwolf340
2nd August 2014, 11:50 AM
Canny wait for this. :)

not long now

EcosseGP
2nd August 2014, 04:38 PM
And the countdown begins ... :)

Craig
2nd August 2014, 04:41 PM
Confirmed that I've got the Mon and Tues off so I can relax after the long drive home ;) Really looking forward to this. Just need to get the car sorted after being at SCS. ;)

EcosseGP
2nd August 2014, 04:54 PM
You doing the tour big fella or going to see Harry Potter ?

EcosseGP
2nd August 2014, 04:55 PM
Confirmed that I've got the Mon and Tues off so I can relax after the long drive home ;) Really looking forward to this. Just need to get the car sorted after being at SCS. ;)

You've been off more days than you've worked this year mate :):):)
Get back to the office my PCs not working (and yeah I've done that already) ..

Craig
2nd August 2014, 05:14 PM
You doing the tour big fella or going to see Harry Potter ?

we are on the tour - couldnt get booked for Parry Hotter... ;)

Craig
2nd August 2014, 05:15 PM
You've been off more days than you've worked this year mate :):):)
Get back to the office my PCs not working (and yeah I've done that already) ..

back Monday ;)

EcosseGP
2nd August 2014, 05:16 PM
Whoo hoo the "fake call worked then" :):):)

Craig
2nd August 2014, 05:27 PM
Whoo hoo the "fake call worked then" :):):)

lol - nah shes too smart for that... its really booked out ;)

Gez
3rd August 2014, 07:10 PM
This is a shot in the dark, but is anyone going on there own and in need of some ****e chat. Due to reliability issues and not having prepared in time i wont be venturing to mitp in my own cooper this year and I was just wondering if anyone would want to save on a bit of fuel and i could get my mini fix, thanks in advance :)

CiderFex
5th August 2014, 05:47 PM
Only 3 more sleeps 'till Black Mamba time.
WOO-HOO !!
:p

EcosseGP
5th August 2014, 06:05 PM
^^ you know you might regret that comment :):)

CiderFex
5th August 2014, 09:07 PM
....and you don't know that I might enjoy it.

Cider is a great anaesthestic.
;)

DigitalLemming
6th August 2014, 02:19 PM
Halfway through the working week and I'm having a stinker!!

Bring on the weekend :)

CiderFex
6th August 2014, 02:24 PM
Me too.
I'm only 3 days in and I feel like I've done 30 days straight !!
Roll on 16:00 tomorrow afters.

CiderFex
7th August 2014, 06:25 PM
Redward is show ready one day ahead of schedule.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/08/narygu3e.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/08/mu6u9ene.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/08/te6upame.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/08/enegaryt.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/08/y6e4e9ys.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/08/ahyjenap.jpg

If I may do myself, it's not too shabby for a daily runner.

EcosseGP
7th August 2014, 06:26 PM
One day ahead of schedule Pete excellent work. Shows how easy it is when it's in top condition.
You'll get a day with your mate "Bulmers" tomorrow now :):)

Craig
7th August 2014, 06:29 PM
Well done Pete :). Cracking job. Not sure it will be clean by the time you get to MITP. Weather looks bogging !!

EcosseGP
7th August 2014, 06:30 PM
It'll only take a few minutes to sort when you're down there .. first one down fine the outside tap and stand guard :):)

Craig
7th August 2014, 06:31 PM
It's the pishing rain that may be the problem! Lol. I don't see many runs up the strip on Sunday

CiderFex
7th August 2014, 06:38 PM
Thanks chaps.
At least I know it's clean now.

The weather will be what it'll be when we're there.

I'm very happy that I can neck a shed load of Bulmers tonight as I don't have to get up early tomorrow now.

EcosseGP
7th August 2014, 07:13 PM
Lucky you mate that's all I can say .. Early start for me tomorrow so it's just a wee bottle tonight :)

MINI William
7th August 2014, 08:34 PM
I will be washing the GP tomorrow night. Working all week :ragin:

Eddie_JCW
7th August 2014, 08:37 PM
I will be washing the GP tomorrow night. Working all week :ragin:

Join the club :argh: if anyone hears that they're looking for bus drivers in Baghdad let me know I'm pretty sure they won't have any tourists :ragin:

DigitalLemming
7th August 2014, 08:54 PM
Car has been cleaned and is looked great if I do say so myself - will see how long it lasts!

Gonna use the train tomorrow, so the next time she moves will be saturday morning, I give it 10 minutes before a seagull decides to leave it's calling card on my roof :(

Only thing left to sort is myself and all the crap I'll bring with me :p

MINI William
7th August 2014, 09:49 PM
Car has been cleaned and is looked great if I do say so myself - will see how long it lasts!

Gonna use the train tomorrow, so the next time she moves will be saturday morning, I give it 10 minutes before a seagull decides to leave it's calling card on my roof :(

Only thing left to sort is myself and all the crap I'll bring with me :p

Just mind some sun cream or yoghurt ..... Same thing really

DigitalLemming
7th August 2014, 09:52 PM
Just mind some sun cream or yoghurt ..... Same thing really
Knew I'd forgotten something on the list, ta William ;)

cuddles
8th August 2014, 06:44 AM
Well guys just one sleep and of you all go xxxx (who will sleep lol????????)

Craig
8th August 2014, 07:13 AM
Not me !! Lol :)

MINI William
8th August 2014, 06:44 PM
Do we need the flags?

jonnie
8th August 2014, 06:51 PM
Only night this week ive been home before 7 so done the best i could, hope theres a decent wash near the hotel.

EcosseGP
8th August 2014, 07:15 PM
A sleep there's no chance of that, this is more exciting than Christmas :)

Eddie
8th August 2014, 07:32 PM
Think we gona get hit with sum tail end of sum hurricane on Sunday. No quatermile in wet. Pointless. Could we no go on sat evening?? For a few runs. Think it open till 8. But duno what it's holding 2morro. Just a thought

Eddie
8th August 2014, 07:35 PM
My first stop on Sunday is to find the mini in the park gp and get an orange hoody to go with my car. Can't wait even if it's pishing rain. We from scotland. Just a bit drizzle

jonnie
8th August 2014, 07:38 PM
Think we gona get hit with sum tail end of sum hurricane on Sunday. No quatermile in wet. Pointless. Could we no go on sat evening?? For a few runs. Think it open till 8. But duno what it's holding 2morro. Just a thought

Just a 'run what you brung' day so sat night is a poss if people want to go on the strip.

Eddie
8th August 2014, 07:40 PM
Am defo game. We gona get down in plenty time etc. I really want comparisons to crail and it is ment to be glorious on sat.

Craig
8th August 2014, 08:37 PM
If you have space for the flags William I would take them :)

Prob won't go to Santa Pod on Sat night as I'll have just washed the cat and will be relaxing with a pint :)

EcosseGP
8th August 2014, 09:08 PM
Yeah out for Saturday I'm afraid I'll be looking after the big fella the bar and catching up with the other reprobates that'll no doubt be gracing it too :):)

Craig
8th August 2014, 09:11 PM
:thumbs up:

stoney
8th August 2014, 09:20 PM
Yeah out for Saturday I'm afraid I'll be looking after the big fella the bar and catching up with the other reprobates that'll no doubt be gracing it too :):)

We will be propping up the bar as well

Eddie_JCW
8th August 2014, 09:20 PM
Stoney just to let you know I'm going to head south in the afternoon with William and Brian as I've not had time to get the car ready.

EcosseGP
8th August 2014, 09:21 PM
Am defo game. We gona get down in plenty time etc. I really want comparisons to crail and it is ment to be glorious on sat.

It's like chalk and cheese compared to Crail that's for sure ...

Eddie
8th August 2014, 09:24 PM
Stoney. I still meet you guys in morning ok at 8.45

Craig
8th August 2014, 09:26 PM
Yeah - me and Davy are leaving at 8 ish from old inns. Think we will have shares in Shell by the time we are home :) :lol:

EcosseGP
8th August 2014, 10:00 PM
^^^ certainly the way that my wee buggy drinks the fuel. It's like Pete and Bulmers :):)

stoney
8th August 2014, 10:01 PM
Yep we will be at tesco at 08:45 se you all there

EcosseGP
8th August 2014, 11:41 PM
We shouldn't be too far away by then .. if I can get to bed !!

CiderFex
9th August 2014, 06:35 AM
How very dare you Davy ?
I'm not THAT bad.
:eek:
I'd just like to wish you all pleasant, dry and, more importantly, a safe journey down to Wellingborough today.
Si thi all inna bit.

cuddles
9th August 2014, 06:36 AM
Have a fantastic time xxxxx wish I was coming with you all xxxxx

Craig
9th August 2014, 06:41 AM
Thanks Pete and Christina. :)

ROAD TRIP !!!!

CiderFex
9th August 2014, 06:45 AM

EcosseGP
9th August 2014, 06:52 AM
Cheers all ... I'm ready to rock n roll ! :):)

jonnie
9th August 2014, 07:19 AM
Still on for 10 at gretna services?

Craig
9th August 2014, 07:27 AM
Yeah Jonnie that will be fine :)0

stoney
9th August 2014, 07:27 AM
Still on for 10 at gretna services?

Yep we will be there ;)

Crombers
9th August 2014, 08:40 AM
:motoring::beer::beer::carwash::scotlandflag::moto ring:

Have fun y'all

Neil - TXJ
9th August 2014, 10:21 AM
Have a good weekend and hope not to wet.

If you see a new SD lying around on Monday that no body wants can you bring it me.

PS - who is going to transport a WRC bumper this weekend if required.

stoney
9th August 2014, 09:08 PM
Well we are here well most of is havin a few :beer: roll on 2morow

stoney
10th August 2014, 09:14 AM
Well.we are at a very wet Santa pod

cuddles
10th August 2014, 10:29 AM
Enjoy the day you lot xx

aafj
10th August 2014, 01:02 PM
Enjoy guys

DigitalLemming
10th August 2014, 05:11 PM
A few photos taken during a dry spell this morning.http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/11/erabe3yq.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/11/eje2e5az.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/11/5u8y7ese.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/11/nupuju6e.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/11/8ene2usy.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/11/nybemudy.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/11/unyte3u7.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/11/zapype6y.jpghttp://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/11/du7eje9a.jpg

stoney
10th August 2014, 07:34 PM
That's us home safe and sound we had a good night Saturday shame it was a wash out today but never mind we will be back next year and hope we can get a bit of 1/4 mile action 👍👍 enjoy oxford guys

Did not take any photos I'm afraid as was to wet to bother lol

jonnie
11th August 2014, 10:20 PM
Top weekend despite the slight showers, thanks to all involved. Put us down for next year.

DigitalLemming
11th August 2014, 11:05 PM
Superb weekend, even if we did get thoroughly soaked on the Sunday morning! Where do I sign up for next year :thumbs up:

Really enjoyed the Saturday night, a few drinks and a bite to eat with friends old and new, good to put names with faces (Pete in particular), weather was great all day Saturday, although we could have done without the traffic problems on the way down

Sunday morning was distinctly soggy, we didn't get the whole MITP experience which was a big shame - was really looking forward to it as well, but saw enough to know that I want to return next year hopefully with some better weather this time. Some fab looking cars around, especially on the NMS and GPUK stands :) Shame you didn't get to run Eddie, was looking forward to seeing what times you could get :)

Sunday evening over to Oxford, and a few more drinks and food with the guys - I'm sensing a theme here!. Great to meet Paul and Pete again.

Then of course onto the factory tour which topped off a great weekend. Before a blast back up the road, me and William proving that the old way around Birmingham is just as quick as the toll road :p

I'm sure somebody else will be along to sum up the highlights as well later.

Had a blast guys, thanks to Stoney for organising it :thumbs up:

MINI William
12th August 2014, 07:29 AM
A great weekend had by all. We had a fantastic time and it's the people that make these events so good, rather than the event it's self. It's a shame that we never seen MITP in its fully glory it could tell it would have been great if we had the weather.

EcosseGP
12th August 2014, 08:43 AM
A brilliant weekend all round and a great laugh from start to finish except for about 30 mins (which we'll refer to the Gretna Incident). I can only say a massive thanks for the company and the members that headed to the show. Having been to MITP for the last 5 years I can only say how gutted I was for you to travel that distance and not experience it in it's full glory due to the horrendous weather conditions. There was nothing anyone could've done about it but in true NMS (and GPUKOC) fashion everyone made the most of it. Having seen Eddies car on the way down I was looking forward to the "wizard of NOS" showing it off up the strip but it wasn't to be.
Please don't let the weather put you off going again next year as it really is a day to remember. There's not really any photos of the day to post either as the weather truly was that bad ...
Yesterday made the whole trip worthwhile anyway for me the factory tour was simply amazing and to watch a car being put together the way it is was incredible. It was brilliant just watching it start (or not) at the end too. A massive thanks to Brian and William for putting it together and it comes highly recommended if you get the chance to go.
Hope everyone made it home safe and well and until the next time ...

http://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc428/GPEcosse/6af1c102507c5b83056adeb6a031aea5.jpghttp://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc428/GPEcosse/53130e77941df6d1754050be55b3097f.jpghttp://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc428/GPEcosse/f28e5c56022b9ea611d7cb781266cc03.jpghttp://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc428/GPEcosse/e0fb3bf496e4d9799fd3df680e74eed1.jpghttp://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc428/GPEcosse/3a3dcff323f512c1e78586c20de3a817.jpghttp://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc428/GPEcosse/649d0d583ccb66c81e20a31f0edc66cf.jpghttp://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc428/GPEcosse/40d59af1d77c62243fa3043adbd7df01.jpghttp://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc428/GPEcosse/30de9e9b91c4c617031f65b40f53e136.jpghttp://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc428/GPEcosse/2d911871b56accff1f2d99ef50b6b05b.jpghttp://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc428/GPEcosse/fd1bfd6b02e76f242469c67d9aed1019.jpghttp://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc428/GPEcosse/e6f76bd26075d2cf06d9d4f21fd85354.jpghttp://i1211.photobucket.com/albums/cc428/GPEcosse/cb0fdcb9b9c6194154baa3f814c1033e.jpg

Eddie
12th August 2014, 09:18 AM
Fair enjoyed myself. Will be back next year also. Great meeting all the guys from gp owners and us newminiscotland guys. At least I never got thrown out the first hotel lol. ;) catch u guys in few weeks for big mini show. Here a hoping we get the weather :)

EcosseGP
12th August 2014, 09:37 AM
Yeah total nightmare of a weekend for you mate but glad to see it's not put you off. You'll be hooked after a trip down the strip there. :)

EcosseGP
12th August 2014, 09:46 AM
Right lads for those that spent Sunday evening listening to Pete and I about MITP here is the link that might go someway to explaining what it's like ..

http://gpuk-ownersclub.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2041&start=690

DigitalLemming
12th August 2014, 10:04 AM
Right lads for those that spent Sunday evening listening to Pete and I about MITP here is the link that might go someway to explaining what it's like ..

http://gpuk-ownersclub.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2041&start=690

Davy can you copy that for us, need a login to see it :thumbs up:

EcosseGP
12th August 2014, 10:08 AM
Andy sorry here it is copied ... Pete's take on MITP 2013.

This is not just a write up about Sunday, it is a write up just to show what I actually did to get ready for a single day out at M.I.T.P.
Some may say that it is excessive but I do not mind putting all of this time and effort into getting my car, and myself ready, for a day out with my GP Family.

A few new bulbs were fitted throughout the week as and when they arrived.

Thursday started with a foam, wash and dry in the morning in preparation to take Redward to Tint Studio in Sheffield for a cosmetic mod of fly-eye headlight tint and the chrome headlights rings to be wrapped in matt black.
I turned up at 12:00 as arranged, but the tint had not arrived, so I had a tootle around to waste a bit of time whilst awaiting their call but ended up waiting until 15:00 for them to contact me, so I shot down, waited 20 minutes, and the job was done.
I am well impressed with the outcome, even though it may not be to everyone's taste.
"Redward" has now been renamed to "Wee RABB" (Red And Black Beasty).

Friday was a day of polishing, sealing and waxing which, after 6-7 hours, had wrecked my back to the stage of me walking at 90 degrees and moaning like The Hunchback of Notré Dame !!!

At 16:00 the phone rang, it was Davy. He has already explained the next couple of hours, inc. the "Daz's Chainsaw Massacre" incident so I'll save you all a bit of reading time.
I'll just add the the pub meal with Davy, Daz, Nick & Dave was THE first time that I have ever spent a Friday night in a pub and not had a single drop of alcohol.
It was well worth it though, a great laugh as always, thanks for that chaps.

Saturday was spent re-blacking the trim, cleaning the insides, conditioning the seats and just a general replacing and renewing some of my decals.
.....another 8 hours gone in the blink of an eye !!!

IT'S SUNDAY MORNING !!!
Albeit 04:15, but no complaints from me about an early start.
A few crafty smokes and a few posts on here and FB, my mate Russ turned up and we were off.

Met up with a few others at Leicester Forest East services at just after 07:00, a quick chat, smoke, and a small wait whilst a few filled up with juice and we were off to McD's.
When we arrived at McD's the car park was already 75% full of GP's, boy I just never tire of seeing a McD's car park full of GP's.

I was brilliant to see so many new members already there.
James, Ash, Jo, Billy, Kizz, Manson and all of the usual gang.

A quick coffee, and a smoke and we're off to M.I.T.P. !!!

After following Sam around the first roundabout 3 times I knew that something was not going to plan. Manson was out in front followed by Sam and myself.
After 8 miles along the A45 we all pulled off to then drive down to another roundabout to have to immediately head back up the road that we had just driven down back towards the A45.
Fookin' Sat-Navs !!!
We had two on the go and they had sent us on a 16 miles detour to get back to the McD roundabout !!!
Oh well, I cranked up my free Sat-Nav app (M8) an that got us back on track and we arrived, finally at Santa Pod.

A shortish wait and a slowish drive and we were on the stand.

Finally, we were all here and the Sun was breaking through the few clouds that were in the sky.

It was like an ants nest, people whizzing about all over, saying "hello", looking at each others cars, wiping their cars, etc. and all the usual "we have just turned at another show" type melee.

Josie showed up with that big grin of hers and it was great to see you there J.
X

It was great to see all the GP's parked up together and I will always get a big buzz from seeing 20+ GP's parked up looking all shiny and bright in the Sunshine at a show.

After a few more quick "hellos" I took mi mate Russ for a wander around to see the stalls and to take him up to see the strip being battered by various Mini/MINI's.

Whilst walking around we bumped into a few people that I have met before at other shows and had various chats with them.
I really wish that I did not stand out as much sometimes because I really do have a bad memory for names and most of the time I had to reply to "hi Pete how are you ?" with either "hiya luv, I'm fine and yourself" or "'ey up mate, how are you keeping ?"
Shameful on my part I know but I seemed to get away with it most of the time.

We had a walk back to the stand for a few more chats and a crafty smoke or two.

After nipping up to the toilets, as I was walking back past some of the other club stands at a leisurely pace, I was approached by another woman who shouted " hiya Pete, how are you and what have you been up to ?"
Another reply of "hiya luv, I'm great and how are you ?" was enough to start a 15 minute chat about cars, life and a bit of general chit chat.
Whilst we were chatting a huge bloke with a bald head and a small biker style goatee beard apologised for interrupting us and asked if his daughter could take a pic of my hair as she was a hairdresser.
I duly obliged and asked if she was gonna put it on the wall to keep the kids away from the scissors in her salon.
She said that was a good idea.
Oh, how we all laughed.

I walked down to the signing in office was greeted with the annoying site of a "closed, re-open at 13:00" sign on the door.
I was gutted as was only 10:50 !!!

Oh well back to the stand for a cheeky bottle of Bulmers, another few chats and a crafty smoke.

I went back to the office at 13:00 and signed in.
Yes, I had remembered my licence this year !!!

We then went up into the stand to watch the big boys throw their hugely expensive cars down the strip.

Methinks that my mate Russ regretted not taking any earplugs that I had warned him to bring because when the jet car lit up the look on his face was a picture.

We watched the big boys strut their stuff and then we headed back to the stand for me to take Wee RABB down the strip for the first time.

After queuing up for what seemed like a lifetime the marshall pointed to me and did the little "your turn pal" gesture with his right index finger.

I nervously headed around the corner to the right hand side of the strip with a wee Classic on my left hand side.
Result, a standard 1.3 Classic to race against on my first ever run up the strip.

As I pulled up under the main gantry across the the strip and saw the Christmas Tree and the finishing gantry, my adrenaline and nerves went through the roof !!!

It's me....
About to pull onto the strip at Santa Pod....
At M.I.T.P....
With spectators watching.....
With some mates in the stand.....
People taking pictures.....

The only time I have ever felt like this was when I pulled on the track at Silverstone.
Me, in a GP, on a World famous bit of of tarmac, awesome.

The thoughts that went through much mind were chaotic and odd to say the least.

Handbrake or foot brake ?
High revs, low revs ?
Is the aircon on ?
Can I wear sunglasses ?
Do I have to wear mi seatbelt ?
Are mi lights on ?
DSC or no DSC ?

Oh crap, it's my turn !!!
As I slowly crept up to the line my peripheral vision was on overload !!!
People in the stands on the left, people on the grass bank on the right.
About 8 blokes in overall milling about around the start.
The finishing gantry now looked like it was at least 5 miles away !!!

The marshall beckoned me forward, inch by inch, until he touched my clean windscreen wi his dirty glove, I'll have to sort that out, but now was not a good time.

I'm sure he touched my shiny wing with his mucky overalls as well.

I'm sure that I should be concentrating on something else.

STAGE 1......

STAGE 2.....

GREEN LIGHT, GO !!!!

All the planning, thoughts of revs, traffic light starts why have you deserted me ???

With the DSC light looking like a huge subliminal advert for me to use Mini Torque a lot more, the right foot had gone into a World of it's own as was trying to put the accelerator peddle through the floor !!!

The Classic was off.

Thankfully the part of my brain that will not let me get beat by a old 1.3 Classic had returned so that I could use it.

A slight lift off, until the Mini Torque advert had disappeared, and I was off.
The grip appeared out of nowhere and I was into second in the blink of an eye.

My vision ended like some form of drug fuelled dream.
The only three things that I could see were the finishing post, by this time only 4 miles away, the Green Classic on the left, only about a mile in front at this point and the rev counter.

REDLINE !!!
Hold it there for a split second (yes Davy I actually remembered your wee tip), clutch, gear stick, I'm second gear and the rev counter needle is moving like a train from left to right !!!

REDLINE !!!
Third gear and I am still heading to the finishing gantry with the Classic nowhere to be seen.
Where the hell is he ???

I can't see him anywhere so I'm hoping that he is behind me.

I honestly can not remember if I actually put it into fourth before I went under the gantry but I had finally finished the longest 16.3559 seconds of my life.

I was still buzzing like mad as I let the car slow down.

OH BALLIX !!!

After seeing the large, bright yellow "EXIT" sign I did an emergency stop after checking my rearview mirror, sorry, but it's force of habit, a quick check of the passenger side mirror, I then indicated and pulled off the strip.

I then trawled along the exit road, approached the warehouse type building and turned left to go around it.

After about 150 yards a marshall at the other side of the chain link fence stood and and started waving his arms at me.
He did the circular motion with his finger telling me to turn around.
I wound down my drivers side window for him to say "your first time time down the strip ???"

Oh, how we laughed.

After a three point turn I then drive the correct way back to the club stand.

If I don't say 'owt no one will know about my little "indiscretions" so they won't be able to take the piss.

As I arrived back at the stand I saw a GP parked up in the corner, with a foreign looking yellow number plate on the front.

YAY !!! Wem had fulfilled his promise of parking his GP in it's rightful home at M.I.T.P.

He turned up a while later and it was great to finally put another face to a forum name and have a good chat with him.

He had a few little red bits which I may have to put onto Wee RABB in the coming weeks.

A few more Powerades and a bit more chatting and it was back off to try my luck down the strip.

A bit more of a long wait, but it was great to see 6 GP's around me all ready to give it some beans down the strip.

As the marshall did the "it's your turn Son" finger gesture I had another GP my left hand side.

I am so sorry but I have forgotten your name. I'm sure that someone said that you were David, but many apologies if it is not.

Stage 1, stage 2, green light, go !!!

Only a bit of wheel spin this time which was an improvement on my last run.

I am behind already, not by much.

The blast down the strip was amazing !!!

We never lost ground, or gained any, on each other all the way from second gear to the finishing gantry.
It was if we had been welded together, with me slightly behind, all the way to the line.
We must have hit the redline line and changed gear at exactly the same moments.
A absolute stunning feeling all the way from the green light to the finishing line.

I did 15.8096 which was an improvement of 0.5503s.
Always got be be happy with any improvement.
My mph went from 89.78 to 92.52.
Reactions were 0.8625 v 0.5884.

On the second run I have a "RES DIFF" of 0.0018.
What does this mean please ?

I slowed up earlier this time so that I could leave the strip via the exit without the need for an emergency stop and there was no need for me to indicate.

As I driver through the warehouse building the guy who had pulled me earlier was stood there and gave me the thumbs up as if to say "well done for remembering to leave the strip via the correct method"

Oh, how we laughed.

I parked up back on the stand absolutely gutted that the strip was now closed.
Oh well, more chatting and another crafty smoke would have to suffice.

A Clubbie pulled up onto the stand.
WTF ???
If it wasn't red and black he it would have been moved on instantly.
lol
Yes, it was Mr & Mrs Stone making a late last minute appearance.
It was great to see you both looking well and happy.

Myself and Russ had a walk down to the office to see if they had any pics of Wee RABB that I might like to purchase.

We looked through all of the pics at around the times that I had been down the strip and there were five of them.

The very helpful staff put all five onto the screen for me to look at.
I was struggling to decide which ones that I liked so I asked them to delete one of hem to make my choice that bit more easier to make.
The prices were £12 for 1, £20 for 2 & £25 for 3.
How much for four please ?
That'll be £30.
I'll take all four.

I wen to pick up my timing slip and was greeted with the reply of sorry, I've just turned off mi computer".
Gutted.
I was told that I went up the steps to the right hand side of the building and spoke to Dave or Kieran they would print me one off.
I went up the steps and ended up in the gantry above the start of the strip.
I had a quick chat and Dave printed me out my slip.
I cheeky view of the window was yet another photo opportunity that was missed.
I would love tosit up there when the big boys are shooting off down the strip !!!

After we left there we bumped into Thom & Scot from 1320.
How Thom manage to recognise me since he last saw my in February is beyond me.

A quick chat and the obligatory "when are you nipping back down to ours ?" was replied to with "as soon as I have got some spare pennies".

Oh, how we laughed.

On returning to the stand a few had left to go home, very understandable as most of 'em do live in another country.
A shame that we did not say goodbye face to face, but as with all good friends I did have a call and a text to apologise, the apologies were not needed, but very much appreciated.

It did not take too long to notice my new decal on the rear light.
I knew where it had come from, thanks Chris, of you sticker, but I only found out today who had actually done it.
I should have guessed !!!
Thanks Mark but you could have least stuck it on straight.

The few of us that were left had another good chat and said our goodbyes until there was only myself and Billy left on the stand.
We discussed mods, bits and pieces and about a half discussion on the difference in versions of the John Cooper WORKS logo.
I typed that in the original style just for you Billy.

If we both did not have passengers to look after I honestly do think that we would still be stood there now chatting about all things GP.

Billy it was an absolute pleasure to spend my last hour or so at M.I.T.P. with you, thank you.

Well, the above are my thoughts and feelings on a cracking day out.

I personally can not thank you all enough for your company and friendship.
You did me, yourselves and GPUKOC proud yesterday, as always.

Where the hell did the time go to yesterday ???

I do not know about anyone one else but I reckon at some points throughout the day there were more of us waiting for, or actually on the strip, than there were parked up on the stand.
It was great to show the other clubs that we do not just polish and wax the GP's to look nice, we also use them what they were designed for.

A big thank you to all of you that were with us for the first time.
I now hope that you all realise that the shows and meet ups are conducted in the same way that we run the forum, friendly, helpful, a pleasant environment to be in and the obligatory laughs and general piss taking at all times.

I hope to see a lot of you soon at Mini Fest but especially The Big MINI Show.

Thank you all,

A very happy Pete.

EcosseGP
12th August 2014, 10:12 AM
And mine

I took a few photos but nothing too exciting I'm sorry was having way to much fun. The words "kid in a sweet shop" spring to mind.

Well what more can I say I've had a great weekend and really couldn't be bothered coming all the way home but needs must and the footy calls tomorrow .. another trip south.

It was great to see some new faces as well as the well known members too and like I always say sorry if I didn't get a chance to speak to you it wasn't intended but the day seemed to pass so quick. I didn't even get a chance to check out the "stalls" which I suppose in a good way probably saved me a fortune even though Christina's Paul was always pointing out things he'd seen that I might like ...

I think this time I'll put a wee write up in this section instead of just the photos, it might go some way to other members who may be thinking about attending shows, meets, etc what weekends like MITP is all about ..

Well as most know that I spoke to I travelled down Friday rather than Saturday this year just to make more of a weekend to it knowing I had to rush back Sunday after the event and boy was it worth it. Despite a coolant cap exploding on a garage forecourt and me trying to sort out a replacement with Daz, Nick and Pete calm was restored when a fellow MCS owner appeared minutes before Daz to help get me moved with a replacement cap. One of these moments that leave you thinking did that just really happen. After fuelling I headed to Dazs for a cuppa and a quick catch up before Pete arrived to sort his bonnet scoop. Not sure Daz thought Pete was the man for the job when he produced the chainsaw and said "I'll have that scoop off in nae time lad" .. and I think Daz wondered wether he'd have been better off attempting it himself. Scoop decal replaced and calm restored Pete, Daz and I all battered down the motorway for a bite to eat with a nick and Dave and another night of swapping stories, tricks and suggestions ensued and eventually we called it a night a headed home.

Up Saturday first thing and I headed up to give the car a quick rub down at Dazs before heading south to meet up with Rob in Wellingborough. I had planned to leave relatively early for a leisurely drive down but Daz and I were having a great time practicing for pushing the classic around the course at MITP time caught up with me and eventually headed off late afternoon after we managed to do a few 10 minute jobs that did actually take 10 minutes (Craig take note). After a quick blast down the M1 I met up with the chief and Sarah, always good for a laugh and carry on .. Before I knew it Rob had called to say he was at the hotel already and wondered where I was (still another hour away) so I left Mr and Mrs Lowes and headed for Wellingborough.

Stopping for fuel en-route I ended up bumping into a few of the Merseyside MINI gang and again got side tracked speaking to Rob and Liz in their GP2. Funnily enough I managed to make it to the hotel around 7.45pm to meet up with Rob and Christine and grab a bite to eat .. I obviously talk too much ! After dinner and checking up that Craig and Jude were checked in and sorted and Pete had his tickets and licence packed I headed off to bed .. No chance of a sleep, MITP was just around the corner ...

After about 3 hours sleep, ta dah, it's Sunday morning and time to head to McDs for breakfast and meet the gang. Jose is already waiting and after a quick introduction and breakfast we sit and watch as one by one everyone starts filling the car park with GPs before the usual convoy to Santa Pod. It's such a great sight to see a whole convoy of GPs making their way through the villages and watching folk stare at them wondering the age old question "why do they all look the same ?"
Heading through a village when I see a blue Skoda rattling towards us flashing the headlights like mad everyone slows down thinking the Police are lying in wait but alas no it was Josie in her hire car heading in the opposite direction to McDoanlds for breakfast !

The usual mayhem then ensues queuing to get into the pod and onto the stand before the noise of engines fills the air and the cleaning cloths come out and everyone frantically gives their cars one last rub down or in some cases Craig gives out instructions (only joking). I tried Jude's method of doing a bad job so I wouldn't need to do it again but don't think that worked !

Well all the cleaning done and on speaking to some of the gang, getting it tight from Mark about my dash and us bringing our own Scottish water with us it was signing on time ... After a quick walk down to the start and up into the stand to see a few MINIs and classics head up the strip it was time to "have a go" myself. As luck would have it after queuing I was paired to run with Tony who throughout the whole lead up to the start line tried to psych me out confusing me with things like make sure you're DSCs off .. aye right !

Well as our turn comes to head off the queue and towards that start the adrenalin starts, my right foot starts to twitch and as you turn the corner and see the strip ahead I thought WTF will happen if I stall when the light goes green .. Had a solution to that I was going to get out open the bonnet, shake my head and pretend something had broken before reversing back and driving straight home ... Luckily it didn't happen !

Amber light stage 1, amber light stage 2 (at this point I'm thinking i should exit stage left) then countdown lights before the green light and WTF Tony is away. I think at this point I better take the handbrake off and set off after him .. so I do with Kenny Rogers on the CD and the air con on full I plant the throttle and as the car digs in and lunges forward i grab another gear and eventually manage to catch him before the line .. Result ! More of a relief that I didn't stall it at the line but well chuffed of having a shot down the strip at Santa Pod. Of course Tony whilst on his wind ups in the queue had slipped in a valuable piece of information .. "When you get to the other end just mind and stop there's a turn off on the left" .. It wasn't until I passed the exit and watched Tony exit stage left I realised that's what he'd been talking about .. Gracious in defeat he waited and congratulated me (he'll tell you he let me win to make me feel better and so I turned up at his show - "The Big MINI Show" 15th September 2013, tickets available right now, free plug as promised Tony) and I retuned back to the queue to do it all again.

Another run later and this time remembering to take the handbrake off and leave the strip by the left exit I retuned to the club stand for more banter and of course the usual sarcastic comments ..

I noticed everyone had disappeared as Mark ended up trying to fit his cabrio braces using the one screwdriver will fix anything routine and Craig's it's a ten minute job philosophy only to nearly end up bleeding to death after trying to prise out a blanking bolt cover ! On deciding that the job couldn't be done firstly in 10 minutes and with a screwdriver he down tools and the gang headed back to the line up queue for one last GP shoot out ..

In true traditional fashion we all lined up together but ended up being paired up against faster opposition .. My last strip action saw me watch Shed Racing show me how's it's done and maybe think maybe I should stick to what I do best .. Well I'll need to work that out too. Some of the GPOC weren't taking things seriously enough (nothing unusual there then) and I left Sam and Pete to battle things out ..

Back to the stand and a final cool down for the car whilst I went down to collect my time sheet (think they could've saved the paper it was written on or that I'd collected someone else's sheet) and then I ventured to the Blackett Photography hut. They'd been taking photos of the cars on the strip all day so I figured they'd have at least one of me .. The photographer could easily have taken something going as slow as I was I thought it might even have been close between me and Daz as to who was the slowest !

Anyway a scan if all the photos revealed a few of the wee buggy and after buying what felt like half the shop the run down the strip for the photos alone had totally put the cherry on my weekend .. along with Craig's (packet mix) cake !

A few quick goodbyes and then it was time to head north again with Criag, Rob and Manson in tow this time, although I genuinely did not want to leave as the day had passed so quick (unlike my strip times) and never really got to say "bye" to everyone that had made the effort to make my weekend.

The run back up the road went smoothly and despite a few sets of roadworks and some heavy showers it was a soothing way to finish off the weekend. The wee buggy got a quick wash before being fired in the garage until I get back from the football ..

A massive thanks to one and all for making MITP 2013 my best event to date and here's to the next outing ..

Josie I hope all goes well for the rest of your stay and don't work too hard, I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end.

It'd be rude for me not to post up a few photos from the day .. I hope you don't mind but I've included a couple of my car this time (didn't even get a photo of my new dash I was so excited and busy all day) that the professional took. Please don't be offended if your car isn't in the ones I've posted as I didn't get round to taking one of everyone's sorry ..

I've a few more but it takes ages to upload them so if someone thinks I took a photo of them and wants me to post it up let me know and I'll pop it on ...

EcosseGP
12th August 2014, 10:15 AM
I know the two posts are from last years event but it'll maybe give other members an insight into what MITP means to the people that attend and if you get the opportunity to go .. Go !! :)

DigitalLemming
12th August 2014, 01:30 PM
Cracking pics there Davy, especially like one with mine and Craigs in focus, with yours in the foreground :thumbs up:

Thanks for posting those, really get a sense of the nervous excitement from both when you where approaching the strip, I always said I wasn't going to go down the strip, but after reading those it sounds like an experience not to be missed!

Ach I'll just have to book the time off now for next year!

EcosseGP
12th August 2014, 02:10 PM
I'll shove up some more photos when I get the chance later ..
Like I said if you've never experienced it you must especially when it's all MINIs ... Genuinely sorry you didn't get to sample it this year but like you say "there's always next year" :)
You'll laugh when you end up experiencing the atmosphere of the strip for the first time yourself everything you've read will come back and you'll have nothing in your head but getting off the line and getting to the other end without incident.

CiderFex
12th August 2014, 02:27 PM
Thanks for posting those up Davy, I'm now sat here with a huge grin on my face.

For all of you that take the time to read the full two posts of mine and Davy's no matter how old you are you WILL feel like a kid in a sweet shop when you go down the strip.
The time is ultimately irrelevant because the grin on your face will be HUGE.

Here's hoping to better weather for next year and I for one will be waiting to read your posts about your adventures there.
:D

EcosseGP
12th August 2014, 02:54 PM
Really couldn't put it better than we've tried to explain .. You really need to experience it to understand the emotions and thrill of the sprint strip. Yeah you might not win but that's irrelevant (maybe not at the time) it's a day like no other surrounded by like minded folk :)

Eddie
12th August 2014, 04:40 PM
That's why I am at crail nearly every 2nd week. The rush u get on the line waiting for that tree to change etc. I live for that ****. Honestly. Was really looking forward to trying a real strip but I will next year. But until then I think you guys should all come to crail 1sunday on a quiet day that they have and get that rush going lol. Plus want you chaps to see what my mini can do :)

moktabe
12th August 2014, 04:52 PM
Good to meet some of you guys over the weekend.

Apologies for not getting around everyone but hope to get up to some of your meets.

Craig
12th August 2014, 04:57 PM
Absolutely amazing weekend with friends new and old. Only 2 small blips was "The Gretna Incident" and the deluge of rain but as with all of the meets, we still had a great laugh.

The whole weekend was just a riot, food, drink (except on Sunday night as the hotel had no draught beer !! ) and the usual banter and piss taking (I got picked on as usual but my shrink sort that :)). :lol:

Here is to the next time - I can't wait :). Gutted I can't get to the BMS but I'm hoping my car will make it :)

Craig
12th August 2014, 06:09 PM
just a few photos from me from Sunday at the Factory ....

It was sunny at one point during the weekend...
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/IMG_2615.jpg (http://s271.photobucket.com/user/cadbed12/media/IMG_2615.jpg.html)

The cars
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/IMG_2624.jpg (http://s271.photobucket.com/user/cadbed12/media/IMG_2624.jpg.html)
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/IMG_2622.jpg (http://s271.photobucket.com/user/cadbed12/media/IMG_2622.jpg.html)
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/IMG_2620.jpg (http://s271.photobucket.com/user/cadbed12/media/IMG_2620.jpg.html)
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/IMG_2619.jpg (http://s271.photobucket.com/user/cadbed12/media/IMG_2619.jpg.html)
http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj130/cadbed12/IMG_2617.jpg (http://s271.photobucket.com/user/cadbed12/media/IMG_2617.jpg.html)

ELFMAN
14th August 2014, 09:45 AM
Well done everybody - at least you didn't let the rain dampen your spirits :thumbs up:

CiderFex
14th August 2014, 06:03 PM
Cracking pics and write ups all round, thank you.
I've not forgotten about mine I've been out on the cider, again, and have not really sobered up enough to post mine.
I'll try my best to lay off the Bulmers tonight to post up my thoughts and pics.

EcosseGP
14th August 2014, 06:11 PM
^^^ lol you're getting more like us every show you attend Pete :):)

CiderFex
14th August 2014, 06:19 PM
Ha, ha, very true Davy.

'Ar Lass thought that my drinking days were in the past and so did I to be honest.

.....not any more.

EcosseGP
14th August 2014, 06:21 PM
Oh don't follow us down the slippery slope lol. Next you'll be getting sarcastic !!

CiderFex
14th August 2014, 06:53 PM
How very dare you ?
:eek:

Eddie_JCW
14th August 2014, 10:44 PM
Oh don't follow us down the slippery slope lol. Next you'll be getting sarcastic !!

Sarcasm in NMS? That never happens Davy :Whistle:

EcosseGP
14th August 2014, 10:55 PM
Lol ... You know what these southerners are like though. Got to keep an eye on them and keep them under control :):)

CiderFex
15th August 2014, 08:55 AM
There's not many that would get away wi calling me a Southerner, but I s'pose I'll let you off, just this once mind.
:rolleyes:

EcosseGP
15th August 2014, 11:27 AM
PMSL you're a northern southerner to us :):):)

CiderFex
15th August 2014, 11:54 AM
lol
Get rid of that "Southerner" bit please, as I find it to be highly offensive.

This post is essentially a copy of the one I have posted on GPUKOC with the odd amendment.
Eventually I have sobered up enough to put my two penn'orth into the MITP pot.
It all started a few months ago by asking Sam if she would go as the Special Guest.
She happily agreed and I still can't believe that we managed to keep it quiet until she actually turned up at the hotel on Saturday afternoon.

A text from Scot really got the weekend started by telling me he had arrived in Wellingborough at 11:34, after a couple of swear words, I wished him all the best and hoped that he would still be alive in Middle Earth by the time I arrived there.

A steady tootle down the M1 and A45 I arrived bang on time of 15:30.
A call from Sam to tell me that she had met up with Scot, Kim, Neil & Tina were greeted by an answer of "I'll be there in 15 minutes".
I pulled into the car park and saw that the beasty 1511 had already arrived so I went to check in and look for Brian.
He was stood in the hotel lobby and it was great to see him at another show.
A quick trip to the room to drop off mi bags and we then walked outside to meet up with The Brummy Crew.
As soon as we were outside John Boy was standing there and we had a quick chat and started to walk towards the main road.
The site of at least half a mile of road stretching out in front of us to get to the pub the others were at was greeted with a "fook that, we'll go into The Dog & Duck" which was only 10 yards away.

.....and so the drinking began.

A great start to the weekend, having a pint and a chat with Brian and John Boy.
The conversation turned to the thoughts of when the Scottish relatives would be arriving, a quick browse at one of my many watches, lol, and I guessed that they would be there anytime soon.

I had a look round, noticed the B&Q across the road and had a chuckle to myself.
I was asked what I found so funny about a B&Q, I just replied "wait until Davy gets here 'cos he'll shoot straight across there to buy a bucket".

Davy did not disappoint.
lol

It was great to see NMS pulling into the hotel car park, the weekend just got better knowing that you had all made it down safely.

It was great to see some friends I had already met and to bed introduced to some new friends.
Thank you all for your warmth, kindness and pish-taking, it was a riot from start to finish.

The next few hours were spent saying hello to old friends and new as they arrived at the hotel, the cider was going down a treat.

A wee gift for Mark, a bottle of Hendos, was received with great thanks and I'm glad that you are enjoying Mark.

A great laugh from start to finish and an amazing night to be having a "few" drinks outside a pub with my GP and NMS family.

It was great to see how everyone just got on with each other as if they had known each other for years.

Bedtime came all too soon, about 01:00 apparently, and in what felt like 5 minutes the alarm was screaming it's head off.

A quick chat and we're sat at McDee's waiting for a few of the others to meet up.

The site of a McDee's car park filling up with GP's never ceases to put a smile on my face.

.....the rain then started.

We set off and arrived at The Pod for about 08:00ish.

Thank you to the guy who beckoned me to pull to the ticket booth which ended up with me having to get out of the car to hand over my ticket, I was piss wet through when I got back into the car !!

.....the rain continued.

We all parked up on the usual pitch of B22, with NMS strategically located next door, and wondered what the hell are we all doing here?

.....the rain still came down.

It was a day of sitting in the car, getting the huge brolley out, sitting in the car, getting the brolley out and the occasional walk through the rivers of water which my eyes failed to see until I was stood in them !!

It was good to see Tony doing very well on The BMS stand, it's just a shame he wasn't selling BMS wellies, you'd have made a fortune.
lol

.....the rain was still coming.

Even though there was absolutely nothing happening the time at MITP '14 disappeared in the blink of an eye, again.

My heart went out to all of you first time GP'ers and NMS Crew that had never been before.

I personally offer my apologies for the weather, please don't let you put you off for next year, it is a cracking day out.

Various goodbyes were shared throughout the day and I can only say thank you to you all for turning up on Sunday as we had all seen the forecasts and knew what the weather had in store for the day.

.....the rain was still coming down.

The last thing I knew there was only me, Davy, Craig, Daz & Kate left on the stand giggling like big kids while we crouched so low with the brollies we must've looked like mushrooms.

We eventually decided to call it a day and depart MITP.

With the rain coming in sideways me and Davy were stood behind our GP's trying to work out the best way to open the rear hatch, put the brollies away and then get into the drivers seat without getting more wet than we were already.

I looked at Davy, he looked at me, he looked at his rear hatch, I looked at my brolley, I looked at my rear hatch, Davy looked at his his brolley.

We then looked at each other and both cracked up laughing because we knew exactly what the other was trying to do without much success.

It was yet another "you just couldn't make this up" moment and I had tears rolling down my face.

We had said our goodbyes to Daz & Kate and we were then off to Oxford with some of The NMS Crew to visit the MINI Factory at Oxford, which was a first for me.

The factory tour was an amazing experience and thank you to Brian and William for allowing myself and Kizz from GPUKOC to join you all on the tour.

A big thank you to William for taking me out for a wee passenger trip in his GP2, that car is a beast.

A huge personal thank you from me for the NMS/GPUKOC double up again on another event, the weather may have dampened everything, but our spirits were high and dry.

Thank you, Pete.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/15/apy6uta5.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/15/ysy5ysys.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/15/9e6a8aby.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/15/hyha6ate.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/15/ugyremug.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/15/e9e6atu7.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/15/a4edyqet.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/15/azenu6am.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/15/y8ehe7e5.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/15/abysymu6.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/15/7uhe8u8e.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/08/15/5ususase.jpg

I didn't take many pics but I thought that after two years of owning it I'd try out a few settings on the camera I very rarely use.

Eddie_JCW
15th August 2014, 12:00 PM
Nice write up Pete :) I can't wait till the next GPUKOC/NMS get together it was great! Will you be at BMS?

EcosseGP
15th August 2014, 12:02 PM
A cracking write up Pete (as always) .. still laughing from the weekends exploits !
Already started the count down to the next outing :):)

CiderFex
15th August 2014, 02:16 PM
Nice write up Pete :) I can't wait till the next GPUKOC/NMS get together it was great! Will you be at BMS?

Thank you and yes I will Eddie.

CiderFex
15th August 2014, 02:17 PM
A cracking write up Pete (as always) .. still laughing from the weekends exploits !
Already started the count down to the next outing :):)

Ta Davy, it's 44 days, but who's counting ??
;)

EcosseGP
15th August 2014, 02:26 PM
Lol .. 1056 hours :)

CiderFex
15th August 2014, 02:27 PM
It'll give me some time to save up for another session of Cider Visor.

MINI William
15th August 2014, 11:07 PM
As I said on GPOC a great write up Pete. Also not a problem taking you out in the car it was a pleasure