PDA

View Full Version : De chroming

illegalhunter
26th November 2013, 11:04 PM
How hard is this to be done , I see lots of you guys doing it . Can you buy dark trims ?

EcosseGP
27th November 2013, 01:21 AM
It's best and cheaper just to cover the chrome trims around the windows with vinyl tape. It's easy to go on and a lot cheaper to sort if the tape gets damaged. Rob (Stoney) was selling some good quality belt line kits on here if you fancy trying it ;)

At 8000rpm no-one hears you scream !

stoney
27th November 2013, 08:01 AM
What Davy said still have a few kits lying about if you want one then PM me for details

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_212 using Tapatalk

KenL
27th November 2013, 06:53 PM
Best to use something that is easily reversible like the tape suggested. Not everyone's cup of tea after all.

Burple
28th November 2013, 11:35 AM
You can also try things like Plasti-dip paint.. Sprays on with minimal prep - almost rubbery, but when it's dry you can peel it off if you pick at it - just like vinyl. Have a wee search on Youtube and the web. some people have differing opinions on the quality of the finish and how long it will last - looks good if it's done right tho..

Might be tricky to get hold of too.

Otherwise - definitely vinyl. I've done my beltline and all the light rings, it's not hard with a bit of time, patience and a hot hairdryer :cool:

Mon the fish
28th November 2013, 01:52 PM
Tape on the beltline, paint everything else

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk