PDA

View Full Version : Who's fuel is best?

DigitalLemming
10th November 2013, 09:33 PM
You know that expensive stuff that keeps us moving! :thumbs up:

What does everybody normally fill up with? Supermarket best or Shell/Esso/Jet etc?

I've seen people that claim to have higher MPG, better performance etc by using the expensive Shell stuff, but I've always filled up with Morrisons bog standard stuff myself.

Andrew

stoney
10th November 2013, 09:37 PM
I try to always use shell v-power in mine seems to run best on that I find don't like the tesco stuff bruns to quick !!

But what car you running cooper or an S or FJCW ?

MINI William
10th November 2013, 09:39 PM
I always get Vpower or if I can't get any I will put Tesco Momentum99 in as an alternative

DigitalLemming
10th November 2013, 09:39 PM
2013 S

Never had a car that might appreciate the expensive stuff before really so never considered it worthwhile.

Craig
10th November 2013, 11:16 PM
V Power in the GP or Tesco 99 if needed.;)

I put any other crap in the CM or PM :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Crombers
11th November 2013, 01:13 AM
I just make sure I've not picked up the diesel pump .............. (bet we all take that wee moment to make sure depending on our type of 'guzzle')

otherwise it's just ordinary 'cooking' stuff (obviously) for the Coop ;)

illegalhunter
11th November 2013, 07:25 AM
Fuel is made to a British standard , you should see no difference

N16SHP
11th November 2013, 03:14 PM
I use Sainsbury's Super-Unleaded on Momentum. I don't see the benefit in paying the extra for v-power (in terms of my journey length, sitting in traffic etc). The only time I notice a difference is when I have to use unleaded, the car just don't respond as well.

Mon the fish
11th November 2013, 06:04 PM
V-power, but my car is mapped to run on 98+

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Alex from NM
11th November 2013, 08:47 PM
BP had the contract to supply Sainsbury's fuels, but the distribution arm became separate from BP. I did hear from someone ITK that its still virtually the same fuel but they were very vague as to what the 'virtually' meant lol. Its still fundamentally BP fuel. Its what I use too when I can get it :)

ELFMAN
12th November 2013, 12:21 PM
I use V-Power, as the JCW Stage 1 kit recommends higher octane. Have to go to Hamilton to get it now, as the Larkhall Shell stopped doing it. Luckily Shell almost opposite my work.

Used the expensive stuff in my R53 JCW 210 for the same reason. It was always a bit of a hassle - especially 'up North' where it wasn't readily available. I used to do all sorts of daft stuff like carry Octane Booster or even a spare 5L can of 'the Good Stuff' - or both! Ahhh, the irony of having a well-tuned R53 on perfect Highland roads, and watching your fuel gauge needle almost pulling 5G when you floored it, knowing that the next petrol station was miles away (if it was open...) and wouldn't have any Special Juice.

DigitalLemming
14th November 2013, 11:07 PM
Think I might give sainsburys SU a shot for the next few weeks, not sure that it'll make a difference sitting in the M74 traffic jams though. Cheers guys.

Alex from NM
16th November 2013, 09:03 AM
Think I might give sainsburys SU a shot for the next few weeks, not sure that it'll make a difference sitting in the M74 traffic jams though. Cheers guys.

I know what you mean. I bought myself a clapped out Clio to commute as I was sick of killing the S doing stupid miles on the a1 at 40mph

weefossy
16th November 2013, 03:11 PM
Can confirm what Alex said. My cousin is a tanker driver and he delivers same fuel to various outlets, supermarkets and branded sevice stations. VP for The Beast when serious driving is to be done.
What kind of idiot would mix up on petrol or diesel? :Whistle: :blush: