PDA

View Full Version : Steering Pump...again! (update)

N16SHP
8th November 2013, 06:09 PM
Evening folks,

Need some advice...again! My car was dropped off with John Clark this morning to do a de-coke (after i'd had a super knocking code). They've just phoned to say that my power steering pump has failed. For those of you that don't know I had this replaced in November 2011. It was replaced using brand new Mini parts and since it was replaced I've not had a single issue. My question is, does anyone know how long the parts warranty is and where do I stand? I know they could argue they've not gone near the power steering but up until today I've not had a single problem so I'm not accepting any responsibility for this. They are going to look into it tomorrow or Monday but just looking for some advice folks?

Thanks in advance.

Craig
8th November 2013, 06:34 PM
I always thought that MINI parts were covered for 2 years for date of fitment....

That's a bummer tho Neil :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

N16SHP
9th November 2013, 09:19 AM
I always thought that MINI parts were covered for 2 years for date of fitment....

That's a bummer tho Neil :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

If they are then I should have made it by about 2 days!

Crombers
10th November 2013, 02:18 PM
I would be asking MINI customer services for some form of goodwill gesture (worked for me when mine went at 4 years old) if you have any issues.

A replacement pump giving up after two years .......... nah

N16SHP
11th November 2013, 03:07 PM
And so the saga rolls on.

Got a call from JC's to tell me that after investigation the steering pump was not faulty and that is was a faulty wiring connection. They asked if the body work had been replaced recently and I said yes (after the guy ran into me in October last year). So they are charging me £130 for the investigation and fix but are issuing me a letter so that I can claim this back from my insurance.

Not sure how successful I am going to be with this but if the insurer looks back at my case file, they'll see I rejected the car on 8 occasions as I was unhappy with the work. So will have to wait and see if I will get my money back. I doubt the repair shop will entertain me in the slightest. I also have zero leverage as I never renewed with Admiral after the poor service at their repair centre. **sigh**

Gismo
11th November 2013, 03:48 PM
Hmm, difficult one, i'm sure you'd have more come back on the garage that did the repairs in the first place, they didn't spot it and should have.
Am sure the insurer, if they did pay out, they would be looking for compensation from the garage.

N16SHP
12th November 2013, 12:11 PM
It's worth the phone call but I ain't holding my breath!