PDA

View Full Version : Alpine passes - Mini GP V Porsche GT3 RS

sandy59
5th November 2013, 11:34 AM
Here's a wee video of the first part of my recent euro trip to Italy, taking in a few Alpine passes.
A good time of year I think as most were pretty quiet, some great roads to drive on and mainly pretty good surfaces. The GP was in it's element here, brakes were superb the whole time with absolutely no fading. Handling was also great and never too far behind the Porsche, well apart from the straight bits I suppose !!
Anyway hope the link works :

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8igc7u1afqixrqe/AZY2lwkEr_/Euro%20Trip.mp4

simonfr
5th November 2013, 12:22 PM
That looked like good fun! Thanks for sharing :)

N16SHP
5th November 2013, 01:00 PM
Nice video and those are some great looking roads!

zimbo
5th November 2013, 01:47 PM
Tried to watch your video, but it just keeps buffering, taken me about 15 mins to try and watch 1:30 worth of film and have now given up as its doing my nut in... :frown:

sandy59
5th November 2013, 02:13 PM
Tried to watch your video, but it just keeps buffering, taken me about 15 mins to try and watch 1:30 worth of film and have now given up as its doing my nut in... :frown:

Might be worth trying to pause it for a while before watching, unfortunately I don't have access to youtube at the moment which might have been easier.

Gismo
5th November 2013, 02:15 PM
Tried to watch your video, but it just keeps buffering, taken me about 15 mins to try and watch 1:30 worth of film and have now given up as its doing my nut in... :frown:Get a faster connection :Whistle: some nice roads, there, nice way to spend a few days :thumbs up:

sandy59
5th November 2013, 03:11 PM
Cheers,

It's a bit of a first attempt, still took ages though !!
Once I get more time I'll maybe tidy it a bit and add some of the track footage from Monza and Mugello, couldn't keep up with the GT3 on the track but still great fun.

weefossy
5th November 2013, 06:11 PM
Looked like a great trip. Roads are just about as good as the Highland Tour.

ELFMAN
5th November 2013, 06:24 PM
That was FUN! Must get my name down for the Highland Tour next year...

Stewart
5th November 2013, 11:48 PM
Oh that looks Epic. :thumbs up: love the Dad and the wee Boy when you have left it running and left the car ("That my Boy is a GP" ). Also hats off to the dad for opening the Door and not just letting his kid swing it open.

Zimbo could be worth a try using the option to direct download and play back.

Craig
6th November 2013, 12:39 AM
Excellent video :). Would love to do this with friends some day ;)

sandy59
6th November 2013, 08:15 AM
Oh that looks Epic. :thumbs up: love the Dad and the wee Boy when you have left it running and left the car ("That my Boy is a GP" ). Also hats off to the dad for opening the Door and not just letting his kid swing it open.

Zimbo could be worth a try using the option to direct download and play back.

Yes the guy stood there holding the door for a while, checking it wasn't too close to my car which was really good to see.
In general the car got quite a bit of attention, all positive, here's a picture of a guy having his photo taken beside it when we stopped for something to eat.

zimbo
6th November 2013, 08:54 AM
I would have shouted out at him and said "Oi get your hands of the car..." :lol: Love both of these cars :thumbs up:

Mon the fish
6th November 2013, 09:26 AM
Good vid ;) Finalising my Euro trip for next June at the moment. After the previous 2, I was going to give Switzerland/Italy a miss and turn around in Bavaria, but seeing the passes again reminds me how much fun they are! Decisions, decisions...

ELFMAN
7th November 2013, 12:53 PM
hats off to the dad for opening the Door and not just letting his kid swing it open

Yes, I noted that too - well done to him! :thumbs up:

weefossy
7th November 2013, 10:17 PM
Mon, have you tried the Dolomites......they are superb?

Mon the fish
9th November 2013, 08:00 PM
Did the dolomites on the way to Lake Garda in 2012, then did some passes further West this year on the way to Lake Como. Either way, you can't go wrong in that part of the world!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk