PDA

View Full Version : Credit Where it's Due!

ELFMAN
31st October 2013, 02:46 PM
I know MINI Dealers sometimes get pelters for bad service and overpricing, but here's a positive report.

I had a faulty front sidelight (had to keep jumping out and tapping it to get it to come on which was a pain), so took it to my usual Dealer, Douglas Park MINI in Hamilton. We thought it might need a new unit, which is apparently a 'bumper off' job, but Davie the Service Manager had a look, ordered a new Bulb Holder and Bulb, which they fitted while I was at work. Went to collect the car - I had asked them NOT to wash it - which they hadn't - but they gave it a wee hoover, which was nice!

The total bill for the remedial work? £8.70. Isn't that good? Must be the cheapest MINI fix ever! I did joke with them about this, and they only hit me slightly. I just thought it was worth mentioning that they could've fitted & charged a wad for a new light unit etc and I'd probably have been none the wiser. DP were honest and sorted the problem with no fuss - and they know I'm not even in the market for a new MINI! :smilewinkgrin:

Top Marks to them. :thumbs up:

stoney
31st October 2013, 02:48 PM
Glad its sorted and cheaply
Good news all round

Sent from my RM-875_eu_euro1_212 using Tapatalk

Stewart
31st October 2013, 03:44 PM
See this is what annoyed me with Fairbairns giffnock when all I wanted was a mechanic to say if the now loose plastic pipe was a problem or as I found out later was nothing. Thing is the pipe would have been put on by their mechanic in the first place and if they had bone it right the locking part would not have had worn.

But no they had to start a Work sheet and that started at £100 just for a look. Good to know there are sensible dealers out there that are actually human and not work like computers.

Upshot you came out all chuffed probably thinking great service and I came out thinking would it have killed you to take a quick look but you’ll never see me buy my next MINI out of here that’s for sure.

Glad its fixed as wee things like that can just annoy the hell out of you.

ELFMAN
31st October 2013, 07:02 PM
Well Stewart, from how I see it, it boils down to this. Comparing our experiences, who would be more likely to go back for future work - and perhaps even buy another car? Dealers who don't play ball with current and potential customers are missing the point completely. OK, they'll get £100 from you in the short term, but they'll miss the 'big money' when it's Trade-in time... More fool them.

- - - Updated - - -

Glad its fixed as wee things like that can just annoy the hell out of you.

Yes, I have enough 'wee things' that annoy the hell out of me... :blush:

Stewart
31st October 2013, 10:56 PM
Exactly it’s the small niceties that count in my book just as well as that award winning smile you’ll get and thank you when you purchase a Car.

AndyP & Lenore
31st October 2013, 10:59 PM
Great to hear about a positive dealer experience. :thumbs up::thumbs up:

Big Gordy
1st November 2013, 01:23 PM
same kinda thing happened with me and Audi Glasgow. They collected my car for an Audi recall and phoned me when it was done and asked if I noticed I had a rear puncture. When I said no and it seemed okay that morning they said leave it with us. 30mins later they called back saying they checked the photos they had taken when they picked the car up and all 4 tyres were indeed inflated so they were putting a new tyre on free on charge :thud:317 quid fitted....!!! Made buying the other 3 a bit less painful :rolleyes: but as you say good service goes a long way....sometimes it's not just about the price.

ELFMAN
1st November 2013, 05:42 PM
same kinda thing happened with me and Audi Glasgow. They collected my car for an Audi recall and phoned me when it was done and asked if I noticed I had a rear puncture. When I said no and it seemed okay that morning they said leave it with us. 30mins later they called back saying they checked the photos they had taken when they picked the car up and all 4 tyres were indeed inflated so they were putting a new tyre on free on charge :thud:317 quid fitted....!!! Made buying the other 3 a bit less painful :rolleyes: but as you say good service goes a long way....sometimes it's not just about the price.

Not often you can combine the two though! :smilewinkgrin:

Craig
1st November 2013, 06:09 PM
yeah, some dealers are better than others at looking after the small things...

some seem to think just about "another sale" rather than the whole experience.. Safe to say, I've finally found a dealer who gives a monkey's and looks after me and Jude. I can only say, it's like being back in 2003 with Broony.... Bring back Broony !!! ;)

KenL
1st November 2013, 07:04 PM
£317, ouch!

AndyP & Lenore
1st November 2013, 10:51 PM
There must be something in the water.

Was in Vardy's earlier today to have our winter's put on the countryman. When I booked I was told it was £48 to change the wheels over. Wasn't chuffed at that but to be honest, the countryman wheels break my back so I just had to suck it up and pay the cost.

Arrived today, checked the car in, was reminded it was £48. Signed the worksheet and took Tili for a walk.

Got a call 45 mins later saying car was ready - ahead of time. Wen't in, up to desk, and was told that the technician who did the job said we were only to be charged £18 because it doesn't take very long to do at all.:thumbs up:

As a side note, Vardy's is still under a lot of construction, but it's taking shape and when it's all done it's going to look great.

Big Gordy
1st November 2013, 11:48 PM
£317, ouch!

Tell me about it Ken :sad: I was the fat end of 600 quid for the other 3........19's ain't cheap that's for sure :thud:

Stewart
2nd November 2013, 12:40 PM
Well played Andy! £18 was a steal. Happy chappy leaving I bet.

See this is the point I have no hesitation about Vardy's in Edinburgh from members experiences on here. I’d travel through to give them business over my local dealer HF on a new car.

Crombers
2nd November 2013, 02:50 PM
yeah, some dealers are better than others at looking after the small things...

some seem to think just about "another sale" rather than the whole experience.. Safe to say, I've finally found a dealer who gives a monkey's and looks after me and Jude. I can only say, it's like being back in 2003 with Broony.... Bring back Broony !!! ;)

Ah the Broonster a super duper 'MINIME' fella indeed :thumbs up: ....................... (only if he does'ny read this, if so he's still a f@nny :rolleyes:)

N16SHP
4th November 2013, 10:54 AM
I suppose this is related over to the walnut blast thread but it's also about service too. Phoned JC's on Friday as my car was in to AW Autotech after is was sounding pretty rough, and they'd had the super knocking code thrown up. Phoned JC's to book it in for a walnut blast and was told it would be around £400. Asked why it was so expensive compared to other prices around the UK, put on hold, then quoted £284! Mad who they can just chop off £120 cos I asked why...these guys know how to charge for sure.

Stewart
4th November 2013, 11:09 AM
Phoned JC's to book it in for a walnut blast and was told it would be around £400. Asked why it was so expensive compared to other prices around the UK, put on hold, then quoted £284! Mad who they can just chop off £120 cos I asked why...these guys know how to charge for sure.

“ Oh crap he’s looked into it, best not to try and rip him off too much if he knows prices! “

Shocking, so their first reply is not to give you their best price but to fling some unaccountable high figure to test if your daft. Yes Dealers are a business but the way they work annoys the hell out of me. Same with car valuations

“ That’s the absolute best week can offer on your car”

“Really well I’ll give it a miss then as the other MINI dealer offered this trade for near on the same car”

“We can match that”

“But that’s more that double what you just said”

“Yes but we can match it ”

“pass”

I'd get fired as I just could not do that, I'd want a nice sale, happy customers while knowing I've just not turned them over.

MINI William
4th November 2013, 11:53 AM
Pleased this was sorted Euan. WE have not had a bit of bother with Kirkcaldy, even with the problems we had with the JCW Clubman were dealt with easily and the rejection wasnt a problem.