PDA

View Full Version : NEW - TO ME - COOPER S OWNER

GERFIX
26th October 2013, 06:42 AM
Morning guys. I've had my Lightning Blue R56 Cooper S for just over a month now. Been lurking around the various forums trying to find one serious enough to join and here we are.....:smilewinkgrin:

The Mini is a 47k miler 2007 car with FSH and big spec. Really nice wee motor and the missus'n'me have loved it from the minute we sat in it! The turbo-charged engine is a cracker and the fuel economy is quite impressive too. We picked the car up on a Friday and did a weekend trip to Oban on the Saturday which involved some "inspired" driving:motoring:, as you might imagine, and it still returned 40mpg. I was getting the same return with my previous motor, an MG ZT+ CDTi!! Nice.

So, here're some pics of the Mini for you.......

Duncan Stewart
26th October 2013, 07:11 AM
Welcome. Very nice mini

GERFIX
26th October 2013, 07:13 AM
Thanks mate. Nice to see I'm not the only saddo up at this ungodly hour on a Saturday.:computer:

stoney
26th October 2013, 08:27 AM
:welcome: nice looking mini you have

Gismo
26th October 2013, 10:58 AM
Been lurking around the various forums trying to find one serious enough to join and here we are.....:smilewinkgrin::thumbs up: :welcome:

Stewart
26th October 2013, 11:49 AM
Very nice! Hope you have many more happy miles in it. :thumbs up:

:welcome:

Craig
26th October 2013, 03:59 PM
Glad to see you've been having "MINI Adventures" already :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

weefossy
26th October 2013, 05:44 PM
Nice looking car. Hopefully we might see you about in East Lothian, either in the Clubby or The Beast. Often use the jet wash at the Macmerry end of Tranent.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, where was the old petrol pump in the picture?

Alex from NM
26th October 2013, 07:08 PM
That old petrol pump is at a wee motor museum round your way Malcolm, sure of it :thumbs up:

Welcome to the site too Gerfix :D

RobSco
27th October 2013, 11:47 AM
Hi

Welcome to New Mini Scotland... :thumbs up:

Excellent looking Mini and certainly a great drive to Oban as we do it several times throughout the year, Glad your enjoying it... :motoring:

d.oxley72
27th October 2013, 01:41 PM
Very nice.

GERFIX
27th October 2013, 03:04 PM
Thanks for all the kind welcomes chaps.

Nice looking car. Hopefully we might see you about in East Lothian, either in the Clubby or The Beast. Often use the jet wash at the Macmerry end of Tranent.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, where was the old petrol pump in the picture?

That old petrol pump is at a wee motor museum round your way Malcolm, sure of it :thumbs up:

Welcome to the site too Gerfix :D

The old petrol pump is at Myreton Motor Museum at Aberlady. I dare say I'll see a few of you local guys around the area.:bigwave:

http://www.myretonmotormuseum.co.uk/

Colin
1st November 2013, 11:54 AM

ELFMAN
1st November 2013, 05:46 PM
Morning guys. I've had my Lightning Blue R56 Cooper S for just over a month now. Been lurking around the various forums trying to find one serious enough to join and here we are.....:smilewinkgrin:

You're most :welcome:
Lovely motor, but slightly worried about the "serious" reference - have you MET any of us? :smilewinkgrin: :crazypilot:

GERFIX
4th November 2013, 01:49 PM
LOL! Haven't met any of you yet. However, when I said serious I was serious.....seriously. Did I take that too far?
I noticed on one of the other forums that it's difficult to get an answer without having the proverbial ripped out of you. I was a member of the 75&ZT club previously and found their forum excellent. I'm expecting NMS to live up to my expectations.....you all seem very sensible so far.:p

You're most :welcome:
Lovely motor, but slightly worried about the "serious" reference - have you MET any of us? :smilewinkgrin: :crazypilot:

JOHN MILNE
4th November 2013, 05:34 PM
:welcome: AN OTHER EAST LOTHIAN MEMBER:thumbs up:

jonnie
4th November 2013, 07:06 PM

rosslamb
28th November 2013, 10:40 AM
Hello from the southern end of East Lothian.

djlow1969
25th January 2014, 09:33 AM
:welcome: the best forum for mini in SCOTLAND