PDA

View Full Version : Classifieds

Mon the fish
30th September 2013, 10:13 AM
Can we change the rules on the classifieds, to stop people posting eBay links and solely using the site as free advertising?

I don't mind someone trying to sell something on here, and say after a month or whatever deciding to put the unsold item(s) on eBay, and adding that to the thread.

But starting a thread just to post an eBay link is rude IMO.

Thoughts?

rabhrab
30th September 2013, 11:50 AM
But starting a thread just to post an eBay link is rude IMO.

Getting at anyone in particular?:computer:

Mon the fish
30th September 2013, 12:28 PM
No, I've seen it happen here and across other sites for a while now.

Craig
30th September 2013, 12:34 PM
I agree Gordon. If your an active member then your putting things up here for other members to benefit from. Speaking for myself I normally put up items for sale to members cheaper than I would if I was selling in eBay or gumtree. If they don't move I then out them up on eBay or gumtree.

I also agree that we should not be used as an additional database of people to sell all sorts.

Not sure how be moderate this tho...

www.lodgeonthecaley.com

Mon the fish
30th September 2013, 12:38 PM
If a For Sale post contains an ebay link it gets pulled down. After a month (or other set time), an ebay link can be added to the thread, but a new thread can't be started with an ebay link in it.

Would that work?

stoney
30th September 2013, 12:53 PM
If a For Sale post contains an ebay link it gets pulled down. After a month (or other set time), an ebay link can be added to the thread, but a new thread can't be started with an ebay link in it.

Would that work?

Think that's a good idea if the boss agrees with it then it's easy enuf done I would say 2 weeks tho is prob more than enuf time to let some thing sell tbh :)

rabhrab
30th September 2013, 01:15 PM
Speaking for myself I normally put up items for sale to members cheaper.......

This is what I've done with my present post, (if this is what has triggered this discussion?). The wheels ARE being offered at a lower price to club members, than are being advertised as a BuyItNow on my Ebay link. I cannot afford the space in my garage and cannot therefore give members the luxury of two weeks (never mind a month) to think about my offer.
I did not realise that I had transgressed the clubs ethical boundaries , but my apologies are offered, IF I have done so. :confused:

Mon the fish
30th September 2013, 02:34 PM
This isn't a personal dig at anyone or anything, as I've already said it's something I've seen on a few forums and I'm not keen on it personally.

If you want to shift something quick, either price it to sell on here, or stick it on eBay with an end time.

I just think if you're posting it on here, or other mini forums, you should at least offer it to the community first. Just posting eBay links is in bad taste IMO

Craig
30th September 2013, 03:45 PM

Would that work?

Sounds fine to me :)

www.lodgeonthecaley.com

stoney
30th September 2013, 03:59 PM
been thinking about this and think mon's idea is good but say a week on the thread and then if you want you can post an ebay link after that

what the thoughts on that ??

Mon the fish
30th September 2013, 04:15 PM
Seems reasonable enough. I'd just like to make sure the site doesn't become a billboard for eBay sales

Craig
30th September 2013, 04:47 PM
Just need the seal of approval then :)

rabhrab
30th September 2013, 05:15 PM
:angel: In the interest of consistency, should this decision not be open for debate until
After a month (or other set time) or
say 2 weeks or
say a week on the thread in order to allow
an active member to make comment and
for other members to benefit from. :whiteflag:

stoney
30th September 2013, 05:30 PM
:angel: In the interest of consistency, should this decision not be open for debate until or or in order to allow to make comment and :whiteflag:

That's fine this thread is open for all to comment on … and we welcome all comments off all members we are trying to be fair and keep the site for the members and help out each other it should not be used to advertise eBay items

We keep the for sale open to all

I know of other sites that charge you to use them … so think this is fair IMO but as I said comments are welcome from all

rabhrab
30th September 2013, 06:26 PM
Well, that's what I thought.:thumbs up:

:stirpot: But, just to remind you of what I said in my original post
I intend to put them on ebay shortly, but thought I would offer them here first., so I did give members a 24hr start, and I am still offering them to members at over 8% less than my BIT price on ebay.
But, as Mon says
No, I've seen it happen here and across other sites for a while now., he's not referring to my post ..................:whiteflag::whiteflag::whiteflag :

Stewart
30th September 2013, 10:51 PM
What I really don't like to see is a classified for like a car from a new member in their first post. Unless the new member is getting a new mini and hopes to contribute being a member and wanting to be active on the boards in the future , I've no problem with that. But if it's just joining to flog your stuff and disappear off into the sunset then that's being a bit cheeky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Mon the fish
1st October 2013, 08:13 AM
^^ this is also annoying - maybe a minimum number of posts (10 or 20 say) before you can post in the classifieds section?

EcosseGP
1st October 2013, 08:46 AM
Some people don't see what they are doing is wrong they look to see where the item they have for sale will appeal to either the biggest market or be best advertised ..

You are right though maybe a wee rule for those posting classifieds .. (Minimum number of posts, no links until 7 days after original advert, etc) happens on other forums.

At 8000rpm no-one hears you scream !