PDA

View Full Version : Bonnie Scotland's Dilema

Gismo
10th May 2003, 06:13 PM
Ok guys and gals, i'm in need of some serious pursuasion and assistance.
I am considering selling my car :(
Main reason being that i do not have sufficient self control to stop buying and modifying the wee beast, i have currently spent in the region of £6k and don't really see an end in sight.
Upshhot is i am currently in negotiations to sell, trade in, most probably for a BMW which i just know will remain standard.

Ever since i bought the MINI i have constantly dipped into my savings and can only see the sale of him keeping me somewhat finacially stable.

So come on, convince me i need to keep it :)

Bonnie Scotland

Fontal
10th May 2003, 06:57 PM
You'll never realy be happy in a bemmer :(
Plus you'll miss all the MINI runs.

john
10th May 2003, 07:20 PM
Hi Alan,I understand your dilema and I have been there myself but on a smaller Cooper scale,When I sold the last Cooper I said lets keep this one standard as did Brian but it just can't be done.
I considered selling this one but I know that in no time I will want another.

How about taking most of the bits off and downgrading to a Cooper that way you will still have most of your gadgets and also better fuel economy and still have the smile factor:)

I will remove and refit them for you F.O.C.:)

If you dont buy a MINI don't loose touch.

Wul
10th May 2003, 07:59 PM
Alan I agree with John - i was that way with motorbikes and at present if i had the cash would buy one at the drop of a hat!

If you buy a beemer you'll just look like all the other beemer drivers, whereas your MINI is YOURS and looks only like YOUR MINI - no-one elses! you'd want another as soon as you'd handed the keys over!

Good luck which ever way you chhose.

Linda M
10th May 2003, 10:48 PM
Oh Alan, I don't like hard questions :) I can see every which way you're coming from and I don't really have any help to give you. We all have to move on and do what's right for us at this present time in life.

Take us, we're pretty sure our house is sold but we haven't a clue where we're going or what we're doing but we have to take this step 'AND' the MINI's 'may' have to go, because this is 'life' we're talking about and not our hobby !!!

knaone
11th May 2003, 03:27 AM
Alan,

The decision is yours, but i am sure you'd miss the Mini, i was like that with my classic mini, i had a brand new saxo but it just wasnt the same! you'd look at Minis and want one, i know that i still do!

If you had a standard Bimmer you would soon get bored of it, i am sure you'd still be welcome along with all NMS runs but you may miss the other social aspect like going down to some of the runs down south, there just isnt that cult following for Bimmers ;):p

Most of the answers that you will get here will encourage you to keep the mini, you just have to decide whats best for you, my mini is standard cause at the moment i dont have the cash to do anything to it but i still love it and can live with it as it is cause i aint used to better that may change when i get a little cash.... on that note... anyone want to hire a computing graduate (if i pass) :p

Do whatever makes you happy, thats the best advice you'll ever get.... i am sure if you sold the mini John Clarks would go out of business :D:p

Let us know what ya decide :)

David

Gismo
11th May 2003, 03:43 AM
Thanks all, i didn't expect anything less than all the advice so far received, i absolutely love my MINI, i have never ever had so much fun with one car in my life.
Just the other day, i parked outside the bank (needed some money for the next mod) attempted to run in and a guy literally stopped me in my tracks and complimented me big time on the car.

I guess it's things like that and also seeing peoples reaction to it when i go past, just wish i didn't spend so much cash on it.

I was thinking of a 325 or 330 BMW, which is no mean car in itself, but, ah well, decision time soon.

Having said all that i'm attending the Milton Keynes run shortly after the perthshire cruise, the cullen run and also the late heartbeat run.

Could i do that in a BMW club, nope, aw feck, i'm gonna keep it aren't i :cool::I

Also the many new friends i've met, awesome

Bonnie Scotland

GAJ
11th May 2003, 04:18 AM
Quite right!! Don't even think about getting rid of it!

Monsta Mo Mini
11th May 2003, 05:58 AM
Phew! I'm glad we got that sorted out - I'm sure you've mad the right decision mate!:D

Julz
11th May 2003, 06:46 PM
Just do what I did, when I got BabyB I thought I could never get rid of my old car, and I haven't, I've got both! So if you're really stuck, keep Milly and buy a Beemer too!!:D:D;)