PDA

View Full Version : Hid head lights

Cooper S Scott
12th September 2013, 11:52 PM
Hey guys
Not a big problem but just wondered if this has happened to any of you guys.
I have noticed that when I start my car up most of the times the passenger side head light doesn't come on stright away....
Now I haven't had time to investigate properly as it does come on if I switch the lights off an on usually but tonight it didn't
So I just wondered if they were perhaps on there way out and this is the start of it????
As I say it might be a dodgy wire or something
But thought I would ask if any 1else has had this problem.

Craig
13th September 2013, 08:46 AM
The levelling motors get a bit sticky.. This may sound silly but give the bonnet a couple of slams which sometimes help (with the light on)

Cooper S Scott
13th September 2013, 06:29 PM
cheers craig

i think it is taking the p@%s out of me as last night when i finished my back shift it wouldnt come on.
today when i left for work at half 1 again it wouldnt come on...
so on my break at work i borrowed the sparkies mulltimeter and was gonna go down and make sure i had power at the plug least it would be a start.
and what do you know working perfect lol
so your thought could be spot on

stoney
13th September 2013, 06:36 PM
Yep as Craig said they can get temperamental some times a whack with your fist on the back of the light works as well :)

Cooper S Scott
13th September 2013, 07:20 PM
thanks stoney

Mon the fish
13th September 2013, 07:29 PM
Ballast could be on the way out. Try swapping ballast over side to side to see if it makes a difference

Cooper S Scott
13th September 2013, 11:00 PM
Ballast???
Is that the black tube style thing that sits on the side of the headlight under the bonnet
There's a plug that goes in to 1 side of it??
But no sure how the other side detaches ??
But cheers fish
:)

Mon the fish
14th September 2013, 09:26 AM
If you have a facelift, it's a square about 4 inches, held on by 3 torx to the back of the headlights