PDA

View Full Version : Boness Hill Climb Revival

Big Gordy
3rd September 2013, 07:45 AM
Anyone going to the revival this weekend..?? Was reading there will be a Spitfie and Hurricane fly past as well....for more info see here.... http://www.bonesshillclimb.org.uk

GreigJCW
3rd September 2013, 07:52 AM
Mmmmm. Might go to that.

Sent from my iPad mini.

N16SHP
3rd September 2013, 09:20 AM
Shame, it's always the same weekend as Leuchars. Will the Vulcan not be going past too?

EcosseGP
3rd September 2013, 09:31 AM
I've got visitors that might be interested in this ... might head over for a look too ;)

At 8000rpm no-one hears you scream !

Burple
3rd September 2013, 10:22 AM
Anyone going to the revival this weekend..?? Was reading there will be a Spitfie and Hurricane fly past as well....for more info see here.... http://www.bonesshillclimb.org.uk

They'll be on their way to or from Leuchars then? ;)
(or taking off from there, and buzzing Boness before their display at Leuchars) :thumbs up:

Guess *Leuchars* where *Leuchars* I'll *Leuchars* be? ;)

- - - Updated - - -

Shame, it's always the same weekend as Leuchars. Will the Vulcan not be going past too?

it probably will, as it's not doing any kind of static display at Lechars this year, only a 'fly in - display - fly out'..

N16SHP
3rd September 2013, 10:46 AM
They'll be on their way to or from Leuchars then? ;)
(or taking off from there, and buzzing Boness before their display at Leuchars) :thumbs up:

Guess *Leuchars* where *Leuchars* I'll *Leuchars* be? ;)

Will keep an eye out for you. You parking on base or park & ride?

Craig
3rd September 2013, 10:48 AM
Cant do this mate, got a family member here from Oz from Friday to Monday . Hope you all enjoy :)

Big Gordy
3rd September 2013, 12:06 PM
Cant do this mate, got a family member here from Oz from Friday to Monday . Hope you all enjoy :)

Americans one week Australians the next.....sheesh :p:moonie::laugh:

Craig
3rd September 2013, 12:07 PM
Tell me about it...! Missed the touring cars too ! :(

www.lodgeonthecaley.com

Burple
3rd September 2013, 05:07 PM
Will keep an eye out for you. You parking on base or park & ride?

None of the above ;)

Getting the train over from Dundee. Joint ticket for train plus entry was £35.
The last couple of times we did park n ride was a total disorganised nightmare. Used to get the train over all the time so back to that again. last year we only waited about 45 mins for a train, and were back in Dundee about 6.
train is really good as long as you don't have tiny kids and or buggies etc.. but i'm guessing the wee one might still be a bit young?
If you fancy that instead (unless you've bought other tickets already) chuck me a PM and I can point you in the directions of some places to park all day for free (about a 10-15 min walk from the station). Just means you can't head back to the car for lunch! :p and not so much fun queuing for a train in the pishing rain :D

Sorry for the Hi-Jack Big G! :p;):hand:

Big Gordy
3rd September 2013, 09:23 PM

Aye.....start yer own Leuchars thread short arse....:moonie:

Scottish Scrutineer
4th September 2013, 08:33 AM
Leuchars for me. Free entry with parking on the base as a bonus. Downside is a very early start to be there for the gates opening and I have to stay until the end of the day.

I got a phone call yesterday morning from our Emergency Planning Officer asking if I could go as part of the Council's Emergency Rest Centre Team.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Renny

N16SHP
4th September 2013, 09:22 AM
None of the above ;)

Getting the train over from Dundee. Joint ticket for train plus entry was £35.
The last couple of times we did park n ride was a total disorganised nightmare. Used to get the train over all the time so back to that again. last year we only waited about 45 mins for a train, and were back in Dundee about 6.
train is really good as long as you don't have tiny kids and or buggies etc.. but i'm guessing the wee one might still be a bit young?
If you fancy that instead (unless you've bought other tickets already) chuck me a PM and I can point you in the directions of some places to park all day for free (about a 10-15 min walk from the station). Just means you can't head back to the car for lunch! :p and not so much fun queuing for a train in the pishing rain :D

Already booked my on base parking :(

Still, Boness next year as I don't think Leuchars will be happening next year. Back on topic :)