PDA

View Full Version : Ideas ...

EcosseGP
27th August 2013, 12:49 AM
Right folks I'm looking for some help from previous "S" owners.

After the recent purchase of the "S" I'm looking for some help in relation to the best route to go down engine and exhaust wise for the car. I'm looking for a little bit more power but without going totally mental to start with as its a daily driver and has to remain reliable.

Thinking about changing the exhaust for a stainless steel custom made system .. anyone know the best diameter for the exhaust system and if I should scrap the centre section ..

Also thinking about changing the pulley for a 17% one but going to resist a re-map to start with unless its essential or required with the pulley change.

Considering also upgrading the inter cooler but which one ? Within reason price wise ...

If any of you previous "S" owners have stumbled across worthwhile changes etc I'm all ears ...

Obviously some more changes will be heading its way and there may be more questions on the way ...

At 8000rpm no-one hears you scream !

Mon the fish
27th August 2013, 06:15 AM
KAVS pulley - 13% for power all the way to the redline, 17% for more in the mid-range
DaveF or Orranje intake
GRS intercooler (will have one up for sale soon)
OBX manifold with tomcat
JCW or Miltek catback, custom won't make you any more power

That should give you an easy 220 bhp, without needing a tune or making it too highly strung

stoney
27th August 2013, 07:04 AM
KAVS pulley - 13% for power all the way to the redline, 17% for more in the mid-range
DaveF or Orranje intake
GRS intercooler (will have one up for sale soon)
OBX manifold with tomcat
JCW or Miltek catback, custom won't make you any more power

That should give you an easy 220 bhp, without needing a tune or making it too highly strung

As above but I would go for the airtec I/C off orranje as its got some good results in testing