PDA

View Full Version : MCS side skirts - easy to fit?

AberdeenMini
19th August 2004, 06:51 AM
Im on the lookout for some 'S' sideskirts, are they a easy to fit or is it a job for a garage? Please take into consideration it took me 3 days to change my rear lights!:I

sleepyrascal
19th August 2004, 07:34 AM
is it for a cooper or a cooper s? I'm asking because I wanted to fit Coop S sides to my Cooper but didn't know if it was worth it cost wise. If I find a cheap pair, i'll whack them on and let you know how I get on.

3GGG
19th August 2004, 04:09 PM
Yes it is fairly easy to do yourself. There are some instructions on MINI2.COM. If you get secondhand S Skirts then you will also have to buy the clips to refit them. (Only pennies).
The alloy running strips can be removed and refitted with a bit of care.

AberdeenMini
19th August 2004, 07:07 PM
quote:Originally posted by sleepyrascal

is it for a cooper or a cooper s? I'm asking because I wanted to fit Coop S sides to my Cooper but didn't know if it was worth it cost wise. If I find a cheap pair, i'll whack them on and let you know how I get on.

Yip its for a Cooper.

miniFEF
19th August 2004, 08:43 PM
barry from zeemax was sellin his cooper s bodykit worth a try askin if he still has it! look on the zeemax website under bits for sale it should be there!

AberdeenMini
24th August 2004, 07:27 PM
quote:Originally posted by miniFEF

barry from zeemax was sellin his cooper s bodykit worth a try askin if he still has it! look on the zeemax website under bits for sale it should be there!

Cheers min!

Vicki
27th November 2004, 08:28 AM
I bought some S skirts for a tenner at Mini In The Park in september, there was a stall selling only BMW MINI pieces and behind the stall they were were selling s skirts, areo kit skirts, wheels etc etc.

i got a really good pair, just a small scratch on one of them. i bought them in september but still not got round to putting them on, im scared of breaking anything! lol

The Dogfather
27th November 2004, 08:57 AM
It's very easy to do just follow the instructions on MINI2!

sleepyrascal
27th November 2004, 10:36 AM
Easy job. The parts you need are readily available from mini garages and cost me £10.23 . Bit of a random price I know.

The first skirt I fitted was a 2 hour job. The second was a 20 minute job! Its a bit fiddly at first but once you suss it all out, its easy!!