PDA

View Full Version : Bird muck stains

d.oxley72
6th August 2013, 08:52 PM
What products are best for clearing bird muck stains. I washed the car today and the dropping than had been in the roof for a few days have left behind marks.
I know I should have washed off the dropping sooner but still annoyed its affected the paintwork.

stoney
6th August 2013, 09:24 PM
Only real thing to do is get it buffed or use a filler polish but 2nd option will only mask the problem not fix it !!

Stewart
6th August 2013, 10:59 PM
Etched in the clear coat, shocking how quick it does it as well. Like Rob has said a polish could take the worst out of it. I have a black roof and its no fun with the bird poo.

I always get it off just with a warm water on damp disposable kitchen towel as quick as I notice it. Let it sit and soak the poo to soften it up before I remove it. I even took two 1lt bottles of still water down south as the Sea gulls in Whitby on a diet of junk food are seriously big and can produce massive droppings. Came back after an hour and a big blighter was sitting on the Audi TT roof in front and crapped on my roof. Bottle of water out with kitchen towel problem solved along with a Bug**r off to said Bird!

Its that well known I new there would be an example on the net of Whitby.. :smilewinkgrin:

http://i1356.photobucket.com/albums/q725/pauldavidholmes/IMG_0048_zpsa1076f67.jpg

KenL
7th August 2013, 01:34 PM
I managed to completely remove a haze in the clearcoat of my red MINI by gentle repeated applications of Meguiars Scratch-X.

EcosseGP
7th August 2013, 04:56 PM
I'm afraid if its marked the clear coat running a buffer over it should take the marks away or at least make then less obvious. If you don't have a buffer maybe going over the mark with Autoglym SRP on a wet foam pad might assist in your quest ..

d.oxley72
7th August 2013, 05:54 PM